Skylords Reborn - All you need to know!

Ladadoos

Greetings Skylords, Skyladies and Skyfolks,

After five years of development Skylords Reborn has finally hit full release, we want to thank every single one of you for joining and supporting us on our journey. This topic will provide you with all the information, details, and answers you need.

How can I play this game?
You can find instructions for downloading and installing the game here.

How do I log in to the game?
First, you need to create an account on this forum, here. Afterwards you can simply login with the same account in the game. A game account will automatically be created and linked to your forum account. Do not make multiple accounts for yourself. You are allowed to play with your family/friends in the same house.

What is Skylords Reborn?
Skylords Reborn is a project which started off as a 2-man team working on allowing the community to play BattleForge again. BattleForge was a Real-Time Strategy Collectible Card PC game (not a MOBA) made by EA Phenomic in 2009 that got closed down on October 31 2013, disappointing many players. The ever-growing Skylords Reborn team has been working hard to make BattleForge playable and accessible for its still large community and new players once more! You can read more about our project on our wiki.

Can I upload content of Skylords Reborn?
Yes. You are allowed to make Youtube and Twitch videos and streams of Skylords Reborn.

Will I be able to use my old account?
No. As we are not EA we do not have access to your old accounts and never will, so you will have to create a new one and start from scratch. We know this is annoying but there is no way for us to retrieve account information. At least you can play the game again!

What is the difference between Skylords Reborn and old BattleForge?
Everything from the original game works but there has been a number of changes. (see list below)

Cards

Economy

• Free to Play (no payments for game progression)
  • Daily time based BFP rewards
  • Daily PvP and PvE quests (Resets daily at 10:00 UTC)
  • Seasonal & Lifetime Achievements
  • Faction Boosters
  • Removal of Tokens. Gold is now used instead and is untradable.
  • Removal of Elements of Conversion/Creation.

PvP

• Free PvP deck rotations
  • Official Tournaments (BFP rewards)
  • Spectator versions for all 1vs1 maps

PvE

• All campaign maps available again (including 12 player maps)
  • New high-quality community maps

And many other quality of life improvements.

Can I buy/sell BFP for real money?
Absolutely not! People who are noted to sell or attempt to buy BFP or any in-game content with real money may be banned from playing the game at all, or have their accounts reset. We take no responsibility whatsoever in any lost money or in-game content. We don't sell BFP for a very good reason as this project is allowed to exist due to the fact that we are making zero profit or income from the game, which would be using someone else's ideas and content for claiming money. If you buy or sell in-game content, you are essentially doing the same thing and this could put both you as well as the entire project at risk of being shut down.

How can I earn Gold and Upgrades?
Since tokens have been removed from the game entirely, you will earn gold instead through playing Randomly Generated PvE, Sparring PvP, and disenchanting upgrades found in Campaign PvE maps. The upgrade drops have been changed, and you can find the new loot list in this topic.

How can I obtain promos?
You can get promos as an extremely rare reward in boosters, or during special events that we will host.

I found a bug! What now? How do I report a bug?
Please refer to the "Report A Bug" forum, and particularly this topic.

I have seen someone cheat, flame, or severely break the rules. Where do I report this?
You can right-click on a player to report them in-game. You can also report this behaviour directly to the Moderation Team (Global Moderators) on the forums or discord. Please refer to the Ticket Tool thread here when reporting on discord.

Is the game only available in English?
The game can be played in all languages that were previously available. This includes English, German, French and Russian. However, we are mostly focusing our project and any announcements around the English language.

Have you asked EA for help with the project? Do you work for EA?
No, we do not work for EA and we sincerely doubt EA is interested in the funding of the project nor rebooting the game. We do not expect any help from EA. We have, however, been given permission to alter the existing client and make this project a reality until further notice is provided. Former BF staff are likely under NDA as well, disallowing them to help us in the first place.

If this project is completely non-profit, how will you keep the servers up?
We have created a patreon page here. Any donated money will be spent on server upkeep, development and a lot will be saved up for future server upkeep. No money whatsoever will go into our own pockets. You can make a one time payment and then unsubscribe from us or you can pick to pay every month. Please note all Patrons will not gain any benefits in game.

Where is the server located?
The server is located in Germany.

Will you distribute the server files for private hosting?
No. The project is closed source, which means that the files (code) are not public.

I have another question!
Alright, that's cool! Before you continue, however, please use the forum's search function to find any threads that may have your question in it. If your question really isn't answered yet, feel free to create a thread.

That's all! We hope you enjoy your time in the world of Nyn and help the game and its community grow together! As always, We're hugely grateful for all your support, and we wouldn't be here without you all. Keep up the good spirits, you're all fantastic beings. See you in the forge, and may the forge be with you! :rogan:

5 minutes ago, martijndrenth said:

what can i do when it says that: "Please place all files from the archive into your battleforge folder." what can i do? i put the battleforge rar thing in the updates folder HELP! thanks in advance!

I don't have it downloaded yet, so I cannot say what's the case exactly, but the "rar thing" as you put it IS THE archive. So "files from the archive" would be the ones you see after double-clicking the rar. Hope it helped somehow :P

1 minute ago, sundmannn said:

guys and gals you have to download 4.9 gb client first: 

then updater

you nee dboth the mediafire and the mega.nz?

The Master likes this

• Ladadoos changed the title to Skylords Reborn - All you need to know!