The Stress Test Rookies! 23.02.19

Toggy

Hello fellow Skylords!

It is time for new warriors to step into the ring and for fresh blood to prove its worth. Who will win the Stress Test Rookies?

Format?

It will be a 1vs1 Double Elimination best of one tournament, the  finals will be best of 3 (grand final: one match, no reset). Winners and losers finals will be all played on stream.

And it will be without the top20 of the 1on1 duel ranking. Please let the rookies step up and battle this one out.

Prize Pool! (subject to change)

1st place  - 1000 BFP + Firedancer + Promo Lyrish Knight

2nd place - 800 BFP + Deepcoil Worm

3rd place - 500 BFP + Lost Spirit Ship

4th place - 300 BFP + Lost Spirit Ship

When?

On 23.02.19 starting on 4pm CET, the stream will start about 30 minutes in advance.

Where?

In the Sparring grounds, get the community observer maps to enable observers/streaming.

=>LINK<=

Extract the folder to Documents/Battleforge/

Please test if the maps are accessible for you before the tournament. Use the bracket list in Challonge to contact other participants if you need help (or contact me).

Organisation?

The tournament brackets will be on Challonge, so register and join the tournament there. Please use your in game account name to make communication and finding your enemy easier.
=>LINK To CHALLONGE<=

The streaming channel that will be covering the tournament is DasToggy on twitch.tv .

In case of problems contact me or one of my mods via Discord or Battleforge.

A list of tournament mods and organizers: DasToggy, Karlmann

Rules!

-No bugabuse, cheating or insulting the other players. Penalties may vary from a warning to default loss.

-Disconnection during a game results in a default loss. If both sides agree it is possible to have a remake.

-Not showing up to your match with after 15 minutes results in a default loss. The plan is to play a round of matches every ~30 mins.

-After your match go to Challonge and insert the result. That is done by clicking on your match and selecting the winner/stats . The brackets will be updated automatically.

-The Map Pool is: Haladur, Simai, Elyon, Lajesh, Uro and Wazhai (same pool as in ranked duel). The first match of the round will be played on Haladur, then it is losers choice. Second round will start with Simai, third one... you get the drill.

So again in short:

-Decide to play and register for the Tournament in Challonge, please use the "Sign in with alternate Name" feature if your Challonge account does not match your Battleforge name.

-Download and extract the community observer maps.

-Be online before 4pm CET on 23.02.19 and contact your enemy, invite him into a party and then host the first map (Haladur) and play the match.  If you are not able to contact your enemy and he is not contacting you, proceed as if you have won.

-If you win, go to Challonge and confirm your win and update the bracket. It will show your next enemy. Save the replay of the match.

-Contact your next enemy, invite him to a party and then host (Simai/Elyon/loser's choice/...). Repeat until you are in the finals.

-Winner and Losers finals will be all played on stream. Communication will be via Battleforge, the stream and Discord.

-Win the tournament and eternal glory. Also some BFP and maybe cards.

Reply in this thread if you have questions, I will check it out later. This was a lot of text but as described under "So again in short" it is not a lot of work.

I would love to see this community grow again and the competitive scene develop aswell. This is an opportunity for less experienced players to have some first hand tournament experience.

Please recheck this thread before the tournament in case the map pool, rules or staff/mods will change.

Best regards,

DasToggy

Edited by Toggy
Taker, RadicalX, MrDanilov and 2 others like this

Great idea, but keep in mind that there are some strong players who are currently outside top-20. Also it is possible to lose Elo on purpose.

I suggest making more restrictions (eg rank not higher than archfiend), otherwise this tournament  is still pretty hard for beginners.

Taker likes this

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for the support and the nice words :-)

I know that excluding the top20 is not enough for some players to compete. Personally I think that if you take away the top ~8 it would already be enough since those guys really play on another level. Outside of those guys it becomes a lot more fun and possible to have a win. At least from my personal experience so let us try this tournament just without the Top 20. If there are a lot more lesser ranked guys who want to play tournaments...we might add the top 40 but as I mentioned above,most players below rank 10 are beatable. Should any of those players lose rank intentionally they will not be allowed to participate obviously.

Also I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the Game Masters and developers for not restarting servers when the tournaments are taking place, it has not gone unnoticed.

Greetings,

DasToggy

Edited by Toggy
Silverdragon and Navarr like this

On 2/18/2019 at 3:54 PM, Toggy said:

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for the support and the nice words :-)

I know that excluding the top20 is not enough for some players to compete. Personally I think that if you take away the top ~8 it would already be enough since those guys really play on another level. Outside of those guys it becomes a lot more fun and possible to have a win. At least from my personal experience so let us try this tournament just without the Top 20. If there are a lot more lesser ranked guys who want to play tournaments...we might add the top 40 but as I mentioned above,most players below rank 10 are beatable. Should any of those players lose rank intentionally they will not be allowed to participate obviously.

Also I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the Game Masters and developers for not restarting servers when the tournaments are taking place, it has not gone unnoticed.

Greetings,

DasToggy

Well, Then I'll participate I guess^^

EDIT: No I won't

Edited by ahha

Soooo i think i didnt understand very well how does we pick the winner in a match?

Do we only play 3 games with our opponent, the first one is Haladur and then the one who just lost pick the next map? In that case do we stop at 2 - 0 ?

Or do we play with a timer and the highest score win? In that last case, what are we doing if its a draw when it's finished?

see ya :D

30 minutes ago, TheZatikand said:

Soooo i think i didnt understand very well how does we pick the winner in a match?

Hey it is Best of one, this means the first guys to reach 1 - 0 wins.

Only winners finals, losers finals and grand finals will be palyed best of 3, then the loser will pick a map until it is 2 - X for the winner.

I hope this clarifies the problem. Stream will be online around 15:30, then I will be happy to answer more questions.

See you later,

DasToggy

3 hours ago, Ultrakool said:

To encourage partipating players in this tournament, I’d be happy to donate 100 bfp per person(who didn’t win) as a participation prize ^^

@Toggy if you’re fine with that I’ll pass you the prize to distribute.

Disclaimer: this is a personal effort and not one by the official team

Hey Ultrakool,

This would be very generous of you, and I would gladly do that! Since there were 22 participants and out of those 4 got a prize and 2 players did not show up at all this would be...1600 BFP in total I guess?

Also thank you everyone for participating, there will be another rookie tournament in the future for sure!

Also congratulations to felkin for taking this tournament.

Greetings,

DasToggy

MrDanilov likes this