Introducing ... Bolrader

InsaneHawk

Hello Skylords ! :)

We are proud and happy to announce that Bolrader has been approved to be the newest addition to the Skylords Reborn Team!
He's going to be one of our developer ! and also be
REALLY helpful in the reverse engineering process.
As you may know, we don't have much time to develop, since we're all students, and this guy actually
HAS the time we're missing to help us a lot, and since he knows very well reverse engineering, that is going to be really helpful, and we're going to make a lot more progress, and we hope, faster.

So...

Welcome Bolrader in our Team ! :D

Welcome Bolrader!
It's great to have you here. I wish I have experience in reverse engineering because I too would like too help at speeding up development of BF Reborn. I'm curious how to get started with reverse engineering thing. Can't find any valuable tutorials about it.
By the way, good luck!

5 minutes ago, Smok said:

Welcome Bolrader!
It's great to have you here. I wish I have experience in reverse engineering because I too would like too help at speeding up development of BF Reborn. I'm curious how to get started with reverse engineering thing. Can't find any valuable tutorials about it.
By the way, good luck!

Well there wouldn't really be any as its not a specific process but you need to have really good programming skills to even start with reverse engineering. That means advanced knowledge in c# as well as far as I know

7 hours ago, Smok said:

Welcome Bolrader!
By the way, good luck!

Well engineering is basically building something and getting a finished product...reverse engineering is exactly the opposite...it's about having a finished product and then re-building it. Basically you just have to know how to program Battleforge from the ground up. From what I understand they have all the models, rigs, animations, textures, and sprites from the Battleforge Client...from what I understand it is now just about programming the AI and physics but for a game like Battleforge that can be a MASSIVE challenge. Honestly it's not something you are going to break into over night...I've been programming for YEARS and I could not reverse engineer a game like battleforge and if I was on the team I would probably just slow them down.

I can't speak for the developers but I would say if you REALLY want to help your best bet would be to start watching battleforge videos and pay attention to how the AI behaves and all the rules of battleforge and then when they release a playable version for testing go back and compare what they have done to the videos and see if you can spot anything that is off. Then when you do spot a bug or something that doesn't work quite right...let them know about it.