Community map Challenge #3: "King's Ridge" until May 31 2021

Hello Skylords and Skyladies,

Another month, another PvE Contest!
This time it is something special, because we are going to play community maps!

The Map

The map this contest is held on is called "King's Ridge". It is a community map made by Spitzkopf and polished by Emmaerzeh.
In order to play the map, you have to go to the community maps section at the very bottom right of the world map and select King's Ridge from the menu.
Emmaerzeh also made a video, in which he shows the map and plays it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcXKP6QsG9o

What?

We are having a Speedrun contest on the community map King's Ridge with extra rules.
The contest is split into two different challenges:

1. The silver challenge:
The silver challenge is the easier version of the contest. In order to compete in the silver challenge, you have to beat King's Ridge on Advanced difficulty without the use of Amii Monument and Enlightenment.
Send me the replay of your fastest attempt via discord or here on the forums. You can find the replays under Documents=>battleforge=>replays.

2. The gold challenge:
The gold challenge is the hard mode of the contest for those of you, who seek a more difficult challenge! In order to compete in the gold challenge, you have to beat King's Ridge on Expert difficulty without the use of Amii Monument with a pure deck. You are allowed to use Enlightenment in a pure nature deck, but only to cast nature T4 cards.
There will be separate prices for each pure faction, so you are allowed to compete in all of them at once!
Send me the replay of your fastest attempt via discord or here on the forums. You can find the replays under Documents=>battleforge=>replays.

Until when?

The challenge will be held through the entire month of May. Send me your replay(s) via Discord or the forum until Monday, 31st of May 2021 23:59 (11:59 pm). Please only send your quickest and last replay you want to submit for each category.
Please, also send me your current best time (just the time, not the replay) by Sunday, 23rd of May 2021. This is not obligatory in order to submit a final time. I will post these times annonymously, so that everyone can check, how well they are doing up to that point.

Prize pool!
Gold challenge:
1st place pure fire  - Batariel (R) + 1 fire booster
2nd place pure fire - Choice between Batariel (P) or Moloch + 1 fire booster
3rd place pure fire - Brannoc + 1 fire booster
4th place pure fire - 1 fire booster

1st place pure shadow  - Shadow Worm + 1 shadow booster
2nd place pure shadow - Grim Bahir (G) + 1 shadow booster
3rd place pure shadow - Moon + 1 shadow booster
4th place pure shadow - 1 shadow booster

1st place pure frost  - Dreadnought + 1 frost booster
2nd place pure frost - Battleship + 1 frost booster
3rd place pure frost - Rogan Kayle + 1 frost booster
4th place pure frost - 1 frost booster

1st place pure nature  - Forest Elder (G) + 1 nature booster
2nd place pure nature - Forest Elder (P) + 1 nature booster
3rd place pure nature - Viridya + 1 nature booster
4th place pure nature - 1 nature booster

Silver challenge:
1st place - 2000 BfP
2nd place - 1000 BfP
3rd place - 750 BfP
4th-6th place - 350 BfP
7th-10th place - 250 BfP

Final Standings

Spoiler

Gold challenge:
Fire:
1. Lebovin - 22:21
2. Kserske - 31:28
3. Carofex - 34:13

Frost:
1. Wanky - 24:43
2. Carofex - 34:22

Shadow:
1. Treim - 19:27
2. Vornskr666 - 27:44
3. Kserske - 32:54
4. Carofex - 34:19

Nature:
1. Pritstift - 23:07
2. Slyer - 27:05
3. Carofex - 33:50
4. Buttscratch - 34:27
5. Kserske - 34:46
6. Ignoringya - 46:56

Silver challenge:
1. Wanky - 18:44
2. Kserske - 19:51
3. Schnarf - 23:36
4. Vornskr666 - 25:07
5. Slyer - 25:55
6. TurnItUp - 29:19
7. Xamos - 34:48
8. DutchyDutchy - 39:38
9. Jucki - 40:39

FAQ
Can I compete in both the silver and gold challenge?

Yes, you can! In fact, you can submit up to five replays - One for the silver challenge and one for each faction in the gold challenge.

Are neutral cards allowed in the gold challenge?
Yes, neutral cards, such as Rogan Kayle, Viridya and Earth Crystal are allowed. The only banned neutral card is the Amii Monument.

What version of the map is this challenge on?
Version 0.8

Where can I find the winning replays?
The replay files are attached to this post. Also, you can watch the VOD on my twitch.
The winning replays can all be found in this playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOGMzVQue-AZ492AxuxAuqeHufqGkhHUm

The winning replays will also be streamed on my twitch channel on Friday, June 4th!

Big thanks to @Emmaerzeh and @Toggy for helping me with designing this challenge and to the devs for sponsoring the price pool!

I hope you enjoy this challenge and I am looking forward to several cool replays!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them either here or per PM to me.

Greetings,
Metagross31

Community Challenge Nr3 replays.zip

Edited by Metagross31

That may sound stupid, but is it possible to participate in both challenges, or do we have to pick? I read the article twice and it isnt clear on that.

• Metagross31 changed the title to Skylords Reborn Community Challenge #3: "King's Ridge" until May 31 2021

I usually like PvP tourneys much more, but this is an awesome PvE challenge - a community map where there is no clear 'ez win' strat that's used and abused by every good PvE player. Looking forward to the results on this one

4 hours ago, anonyme0273 said:

I usually like PvP tourneys much more, but this is an awesome PvE challenge - a community map where there is no clear 'ez win' strat that's used and abused by every good PvE player. Looking forward to the results on this one

I mean given that the last PvE Challenge had 4 entirely different replays on Rank 1-4, I dont see the the single ez win strat abused by every good PvE player point there either. It is surely a map less people are familiar with, but it has been released over 2 years ago..

Pritstift likes this

2 minutes ago, LEBOVIN said:

I mean given that the last PvE Challenge had 4 entirely different replays on Rank 1-4, I dont see the the single ez win strat abused by every good PvE player point there either. It is surely a map less people are familiar with, but it has been released over 2 years ago..

Oh definitely ^^ I'm very glad it turned out that way and there ain't a challenge on Bad Harvest. The less known the map, the more interesting, and community maps will be amazing to watch

Oh well Bad Harvest has many different speedrun strategies, and if u apply the same pure restrictions I dont see why it would be less interesting, dont u agree?

Edited by LEBOVIN

What is the curend version of this map? I have in my folders the 0.8V (only by perendi) i heard there are some bugs on map cleard away later, is there a newer one? Just to get shure everyone play on same version of the map.

/wanky

Is it even possible on Expert? Some nice thing just like at start you can get 2 or 4 twillight enemy "randomly" if you get 4 you can like start again because 1 well will be destroyed.

The only way what i found to stay alive on expert 20 mins is to lure factions to each other but... Endless hordes :)

Tbh I haven't tried it on expert with all factions yet. But considering how some people beat previous challenges and even last months rPvE10, I expect it to be possible. After all, it is the gold challenge :)

13 minutes ago, Kispilka89 said:

Is it even possible on Expert? Some nice thing just like at start you can get 2 or 4 twillight enemy "randomly" if you get 4 you can like start again because 1 well will be destroyed.

The only way what i found to stay alive on expert 20 mins is to lure factions to each other but... Endless hordes :)

Shadow and nature runs are already completed. Frost seems to be possible. Fire seems to be the hardest faction at least for now.

Metagross31 likes this

1 hour ago, Kispilka89 said:

You should have played the earlier versions of this map - this older versions were a real challenge on expert even with nightguard xD. There was nearly no energy in the beginning and so much income in short intervals - quite crazy^^. 

In the current version its possible to finish on Expert even for less experienced pve players if you have a match plan ;-).

• Metagross31 changed the title to Community map Challenge #3: "King's Ridge" until May 31 2021

Whoa the price pool drastically increased since the last challange, at least for the first 3 places.

Top 10 gets 100bfp - thats not worth the efford for me xd

I guess the Pro´s (like Pritstift) will be rich after this one - as they will claim the first places in every category as usual probably.

7 hours ago, KserSke said:

I did my first run on the map and crashed :/ Any idea what causes it?

Does this happen all the time? And when/where on the map does it crash?

3 hours ago, Xamos said:

Whoa the price pool drastically increased since the last challange, at least for the first 3 places.

Top 10 gets 100bfp - thats not worth the efford for me xd

I guess the Pro´s (like Pritstift) will be rich after this one - as they will claim the first places in every category as usual probably.

TBH I have no experience designing tournaments, so maybe the prize split is a bit unfair. If so, geel free to suggest different ones, I am open to new ideas. I mainly wanted to make it worth it go grind for the first few spots, while still rewarding at least the 10 best runs.

1 hour ago, IgnoringYa said:

where should I send my replay?

To me either vie PM on this forum over via discord.

Just a general statement for the reward situation of the challenge.
It kind of feels counterintuitive that the easier version of the contest has the best rewards.
And yes I am aware that the expert rewards combined are still worth more but that would also mean you put in the effort to invent 4 completely different strategies that are severely more limited than the Silver challenge.
The differences in bfp worth even between the expert rewards seems odd aswell. Especially nature stands out here with pretty much double to triple the reward worth of the other expert challenges.

I actually thought about stacking up the rewards a little out of my own pocket, but I will only gibe an explicit update on that, once I farmed enough money for that. But keep an eye out for that!
Regarding the difference between the factions, I wanted to follow the theme of first price get's a strong pure card, second a different (almost) pure T4 card, which is worth a little less, top3 get faction boosters. The boosters alone make this a bit uneven between the factions, additionally the cards are not worth the same amount of BfP, for example F-Elder vs Batariel.

update for the Gold challange: After Shadow and Nature also frost is done, Pretty shure fire is also duable. I just missing a lot of charches for fire cards.

Little notiz: I hade some runs did not get the amii-operator switch at the First Banditcamp on left side. This makes it impossible to get T3 before reaching the top middle orb (after the 4 Bandig camps with tortugun and ship any many more)

Happend in ~9run 2 Times.

/wanky

Metagross31 likes this

just a idea: had in our group talked about whether you should submit manyicht to 5 days before the end of the replays times, then the Challange creator writh the times in the forum (without replay understandably). That would show something who stands where (since there is no ingame rankings for the communitymaps). In addition would have the one or the other then still the opportunity 5 days to push his times if needed.

This would give a chance to players in what avrg. times the challange is going to be, and if he is just 10-20secs behind witout getting a price, he maby can try to push his limits to a lower Number. 

/wanky

Yes, I like that idea. I will make it however, that I publish the times without the names. This way you can still see, how good your times are compared to others, but it is still a secret, who is in the lead at that point.

I will write some announcements for people to submit preliminary times to me about 1-2 weeks before the due date.

Edited by Metagross31

Just tried my first run on the map on advanced, and the game crashed without any error message.

It happend a few minutes after I opened the gate, to get to the 4th orb, where that bandit ship is.

But so far the map looks pretty cool, let's see if I can get a proper replay in^^

• Zyna featured and pinned this topic
  • Zyna unfeatured and unpinned this topic