Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

ok ty. well it is still quite energy efficient but only  as i said before i see it viable in 2v2 pvp

It's not really energy efficient at all really.... Only having a "tempo lead" of 20 power due to having 100 power worth of units for 80 while having to bind 120 power?

Edited by Ultrakool

It's not really energy efficient at all really.... Only having a "tempo lead" of 20 power due to having 100 power worth of units for 80 while having to bind 120 power?

as i said it only MIGHT work in 2v2 pvp. obvously i wouldnt use this card unless i have a a solid energy advantage, this card is extremely situational and you owuld need heavy help from your teammate

Curse-Well.thumb.jpg.222ca061c9910f71b4eCurse-Orb.thumb.jpg.6ce3ef4439bd5496c49b

Today we will discuss about these cards. The reason I picked both of them, is because, they are kind of in the same category and I really don't want to bring them up again, so without further distractions, let us begin!

Obviously these are meant as PVP cards because, well enemies in PVE don't have orbs or power wells! But I find it hard to justify the use of this card in PVP, due to the fact that you can just summon a big scary creature with this amount of power rather than wasting on a spell with temporal value. Another thing that intrigues me is that, why does the Curse Well card have a higher power cost than Curse Orb? Sure your getting rid of a power well, but I would think an Orb is pretty vital as well... Anyways, these cards almost seem useless for PVP, but I am sure someone down the line could make these work or have already done such a thing.

What do you guys think?

I do think the Curse well should cost more, due to what it brings. To explain further, The well allows you the chance to gain a well for yourself and also make the enemy no long gain resources from that well permanently unless they re take it, this could allow you to bait a fight or more and also allow you to gain control of the well. On the other side the curse orb only disables the target well for 15 seconds and after that the enemy will gather resources  once again and still have control over the well.

Overall the well gives the ability for your self to gain a much greater advantage over the enemy and also allows strategic plays to be set up. The Curse well is defiantly very useful and the Curse orb i think is useless.

That's my opinion :) 

Watched over 30 PvP replays nowadays from FarRock, and i have seen 2 matches so far where the Curse Well was used. Both time the user of this card won the game.

I don't think they won because of this card... they were already kind of winning.

Even tho the curse well costs 250 power, it takes down a Power Well, and the opponent is losing 100 Power forever. And he needs to rebuild a new one because he needs more power.. Then they are "wasting" 100 more power. But you get back 90% of the power to the Void.

In my opinion its a situational card, only useful if you have a little ( ore more ) power advantage and you can afford it. This way you can just drain the opponent's power.

But yeah, why would you waste 250 power to slow down your opponent? When you could spawn T3 units instead and finish the game faster. Seems like a "teasing" card to piss off your opponent when you are already winning.

Curse Orb in the other hand.. Cheaper but only disables the orb for 15 sec ( not sure about the U3 stats ). Which can be very useful at some situations. I would say if you have a free slot in your deck.. Get it, it can be handy sometimes. But otherwise i wouldn't use it.

And to answer your question about the power cost difference. Re-building a Power Well takes less time than an Orb, if Curse Orb were able to destroy an Orb.. Everyone would use it, that would be just way too op even if it costed 300+ power imo. Pushing back the enemy to T1 T2 while you are in T3.. That would be a free win :P

Edited by Azta

I'd just like to know what the little symbole down right means 

The color of the symbol is the rarity: 

Bronze - Common

Silver - Uncommon

Gold - Rare

Blue - Ultra rare or something

The symbol itself shows from which expansion the card is from.

Don't remember what the expansions were called.. but you can see that the Curse orb is from a different set than Curse well.

Cursed well is not 250 power. Its ~100 less. (Could someone create a U3 database please?)

The only scenario where this card is super strong is when you can create a very stale situation with haveing a very strong defense and needing a way to get a powerlead.

Since this is very boring for both players and I dont see a reason why we need a card the makes churchspam or any form of non-interactive playstile stronger I am happy with adding a 0 at the end of the energycost.

Cursed orb is a interesting card but way too expensive for what it offers. Reducing the energycost by 50 might make it something to play around with.

Oh finally, my favourite card ! The game needs more cards like this. It supports lame, turtling, let's-play-30-minutes-without-action-playstyle. Great supplement for tryhard defensive frostsplashes, also really low risk. Why use units to attack the enemy, they might get countered, you might have to think and micro, who knows what will happen. Just do the *swoosh*-thing (god, i hated that sound) and - bam -well gone, that's always 150 power well spent ! Nerf it to the ground or outright ban that card. Otherwise i will make an account where i lame only this with cultist void manipulation to show everybody how stupid and succesful it can be even in the hands of a mediocre player ! 

,,Another thing that intrigues me is that, why does the Curse Well card have a higher power cost than Curse Orb? Sure your getting rid of a power well, but I would think an Orb is pretty vital as well... ''

That's because curse well destroys a well permanently (and is only 150 power on U3 anyway) while curse orb cancels an orb only temporary. Also a. is freak'n OP and b. is useless. ^^

Edited by SunWu II.

Upgrades curse well:

Curse Well IDeconstruction+5s duration
Curse Well IIDeconstruction-5s untill reusable
Curse Well IIIPower Cost-10

Upgrades curse orb:

Curse Orb I"Out Of Order-15 seconds until reusable
Curse Orb II"Out Of Order"+5 seconds duration
Curse Orb III"Out Of Order"-15 power cost

I'm not a fan of curse well, since it encourages passive playstyles, which are boring to me.

Is it really only 150 power? I find that kinda cheap wth...

Spending 150 power and getting nothing but a destroyed (enemy)well in return is under normal circumstances a risky move. Because now your oponent has 150 power more to spend than you (if powerlevels were even in this scenario). This can result in an overwhelming attack that will end with more than a well destroyed on your side. BUT frostplashes, especially stonekin and lost souls, but to a certain extent also pure frost, fire frost and pure shadow with frost T3 have quite strong defensive capabilities. Now if they use cursewell they can often defend succesfully even with the 150 power disadvantage and finish the scenario with a permanent power advantage (the cursed well) using a low-risk strategy that, like Hirooo said, also supports non-interactive playstile.

Edited by SunWu II.

Spending 150 power and getting nothing but a destroyed (enemy)well in return is under normal circumstances a risky move. Because now your oponent has 150 power more to spend than you (if powerlevels were even in this scenario). This can result in an overwhelming attack that will end with more than a well destroyed on your side. BUT frostplashes, especially stonekin and lost souls, but also pure frost, fire frost and pure shadow with frost T3 have quite strong defensive capabilities. Now if they use cursewell they can often defend even with a 150 power disadvantage and finish the scenario with a permanent power advantage (the cursed well) using a low-risk strategy that, like Hirooo said, also supports non-interactive playstile.

Yeah i know that. I wouldn't consider using this card unless i know i have power advantage. So its situational imo. But then i would rather have any other card in my deck that is not so situation dependant.

Very nice discussion today guys.

Anyways I just do not like the way this card is presented tbh. It seems very slow, except maybe for the well one, and PVP is generally not that slow, you need fast things to summon, not T3 over 100 power spells that are pretty much a temporal thing

Very nice discussion today guys.

Anyways I just do not like the way this card is presented tbh. It seems very slow, except maybe for the well one, and PVP is generally not that slow, you need fast things to summon, not T3 over 100 power spells that are pretty much a temporal thing

Curse well destroys an enemies well within a second, find me something faster ^^ Never tested Curse Orb tbh

Edited by SunWu II.

Curse well destroys an enemies well within a second, find me something faster ^^ Never tested Curse Orb tbh

I am talking about of getting to use this card requires some time, and in PVP you would most likely want to use a big scary unit in order to destroy everything rather than just one well.

I am talking about of getting to use this card requires some time, and in PVP you would most likely want to use a big scary unit in order to destroy everything rather than just one well.

Nice to hear what you think is most likely good in PvP. From time to time people played PvP tbh and found some interesting things about whats good. They even had a ranking system.

Some basics: A destroyed power well equals 1000 energy destroyed from killing units or casting spells.

So the long term value of cursed well is pretty good.

If you have a setting where you can efficiently defend everything most of the time like with church of negeation spam you need something to get ahead in power. Thats where cursed well helps. You dont need to successfully attack you just need to get near a well and defend with 150 e less in the current pool.

This can be done with decks build around it. Those decks are extremely boring to play against. That you believe PvP is about something else has sadly nothing to do with what was actually played.

Timeshifter-Spirit.thumb.jpg.ca73629a2f2

Let's talk about this one today! Really I do not know much about this card, because I had never got a chance to use it, so I have no clue if is good in both PVE or PVP. But, from looking at the card's abilities, I could summarize. It seems it would be very good for both PVP and PVE, although I would find it a little more effective in PVE, because of it being a 3 orbed card, and the Countermagic Field reminds me of a card called Mark of the Keeper which is a 1 orbed building. But very good for PVE if you can manage to keep this dude alive, he will be healing for days.

I don't know much of PVP so enlighten me on this card's uses

I'm really excited to hear opinions about this. I loved this card, the character, the ability and the look of it in game :P

Played only in PvE sometimes, and in PvP vs my brother for fun, but thats it.

But want to see some expert's opinion on this card. And Mark of the Keeper is interesting too for PvP. Wonder if its viable. Surely it bounds power.. but can be good to defend an area against ranged units and protects against spells. Only need to protect it against melee units.

Timeshifter Spirit was pretty decent to be honest. Provided a good amount of safety against late T3 attacks with his ability - sometimes you could counter an entire T3, but keep in mind the power costs were pretty high and it was difficult to get them into a good offensive position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv1eaz_sUak For anyone who is interested in some high ranked PvP with timeshifter (it's a german cast). You can see the strenghts but also the big downsides of this card.

But there are some super fast ways to get Timeshifter into the enemies base.

-> Nexus Portal (works only for 2v2)

Nexus Portal can bring timeshifter immediatly into the base, activate his ability & that's it. Base gone. You just have to reach the base once and you can kill it without any resistance. 

-> Tunnel + Deepcoilworm (advanced strategied + it can be used for 1v1 xD)

Same strategy (just a little bit more expensive ..). Deepcoilworm works as a delivery system, which works very well since worms are the fastest units in the game. Connect it with the Tunnel and port your Timeshifter into the base, activate it and destroy the base. This is such an amazing combo (okay it costs more than 400 power, 3 deckslots and you could play a Mo for the same costs, but srsly it's so cool :/).

The Timeshifter-heal was pretty weak to be honest and had no impact on the game. For PvE Mark of the Keeper outclassed Timeshifter because it's cheaper, T1 and doesn't require a pure nature deck.

@Azta MotK was not viable (maaaaybe semi-viable) for PvP because you bind 70 power to protect a single base. Your opponent will run to the next one and destroy it with his 70 power advantage. Build MotK in every single base and your opponent will just got for more power wells and get a big advantage for free.

Best regards

Radi

Timeshifter Spirit was pretty decent to be honest. Provided a good amount of safety against late T3 attacks with his ability - sometimes you could counter an entire T3, but keep in mind the power costs were pretty high and it was difficult to get them into a good offensive position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv1eaz_sUak For anyone who is interested in some high ranked PvP with timeshifter (it's a german cast). You can see the strenghts but also the big downsides of this card.

But there are some super fast ways to get Timeshifter into the enemies base.

-> Nexus Portal (works only for 2v2)

Nexus Portal can bring timeshifter immediatly into the base, activate his ability & that's it. Base gone. You just have to reach the base once and you can kill it without any resistance. 

-> Tunnel + Deepcoilworm (advanced strategied + it can be used for 1v1 xD)

Same strategy (just a little bit more expensive ..). Deepcoilworm works as a delivery system, which works very well since worms are the fastest units in the game. Connect it with the Tunnel and port your Timeshifter into the base, activate it and destroy the base. This is such an amazing combo (okay it costs more than 400 power, 3 deckslots and you could play a Mo for the same costs, but srsly it's so cool :/).

The Timeshifter-heal was pretty weak to be honest and had no impact on the game. For PvE Mark of the Keeper outclassed Timeshifter because it's cheaper, T1 and doesn't require a pure nature deck.

@Azta MotK was not viable (maaaaybe semi-viable) for PvP because you bind 70 power to protect a single base. Your opponent will run to the next one and destroy it with his 70 power advantage. Build MotK in every single base and your opponent will just got for more power wells and get a big advantage for free.

Best regards

Radi

Interesting, and good advices. Thanks :)

I will definitely play around with him and practice. Maybe its risky, but fun :)

And totally agree, i remember the healing of Timshifter was really weak as a T3 unit.

One odd thing i noticed in the video you posted. Why Lost Grigori can't attack the Timeshifter with melee?

About MotK. What you think if i start using it in T3 only? Or maybe in T2 too.

If my Void Power is high enough then i could afford some bound power by placing MotK for defence reasons. MotK has bigger range than Timeshifter, plus its only 70 power.

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic