Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

Lost-Warlord_frost.thumb.jpg.a935f31a961Lost-Warlord_fire.thumb.jpg.496fdd60b70b

Let's talk about a good card then. Lost Warlord! I love this card more than Overlord because, it combines my two favorite factions and my two favorite cards, Overlord and Netherwarp! Of course the Netherwarp is only for himself but it is still pretty good and you can totally understand why this card would cost such high prices on the AH. The Stat lines are very good, he even has Revenent's doom, which in a sense gives him more HP. I think the blue affinity is better, because I usually go more defensive than aggressive in PVE. I really cannot find a use for him in PVP because, T1,T2 and T3 are mostly used there. But, if you happen to get pretty long games in PVP, this guy wouldn't be so bad

To me this guy is a warped version of the greatest tank in the game, Overlord. It might look fancy with it's better stats, but it can not heal. Overlord however is a walking healing machine combined with blood healing. Besides that, this guy can only be used in 2x shadow 2x frost orb decks, disabling the option to throw in heals like regrowth, or heavy damage spells fire decks offer. Then there is the power cost: overlord costs only 220 where this guy costs 260! To me revenant's doom is a somewhat useless ability, as you might as well summon another unit for a little higher price.

Concerning his teleport ability: in PvE dazed units aren't too big of a deal since the AI will not target them over undazed units. This guy will never be used in PvP rendering this ability kind of useless. The shield / damage boost may be nice, but 110 power for such an ability on a single unit is quite expensive. Overlord's blood share however is entirely free...

I used to use overlord instead of him in PVE.

But the few times i tested the lost warlord i found him quite good and amusing since he had better stats.

But most of the times i used overlord over lost warlord since the overlord could give his health to other units which i found quite helpful.

And the lost warlord is also needed to have 2 fire and 2 frost which will destroy the possibilities of using other faction cards, while the warlord only needed 2 shadow orbs which made it possible to go for other faction based cards.

The warlord also costs 40 power less than the lost warlord.

However i enjoy both cards and find this card very good to use.

Edited by Egard3

To me this guy is a warped version of the greatest tank in the game, Overlord. It might look fancy with it's better stats, but it can not heal. Overlord however is a walking healing machine combined with blood healing. Besides that, this guy can only be used in 2x shadow 2x frost orb decks, disabling the option to throw in heals like regrowth, or heavy damage spells fire decks offer. Then there is the power cost: overlord costs only 220 where this guy costs 260! To me revenant's doom is a somewhat useless ability, as you might as well summon another unit for a little higher price.

Concerning his teleport ability: in PvE dazed units aren't too big of a deal since the AI will not target them over undazed units. This guy will never be used in PvP rendering this ability kind of useless. The shield / damage boost may be nice, but 110 power for such an ability on a single unit is quite expensive. Overlord's blood share however is entirely free...

woooow.

Lost Souls green Lost Spirit Ship has the best heal in the game with its ability, its easy to stack up with altar of chaos or armored tower and all the energy is easiliy regained with a bit of void manipulation. It takes some preparation time for sure, however definetly worth

I dont think that most melee t4 units are supposed to be the damage dealers but more of a tank. I really liked to use Lost dragons + 2-3 lost spirit ships for healing + 1-2 lost warlord for tanking. Regarding the card costs. His stats are way superior to overlord that why it costs more.

I agree on revenants doom not being the best ability, however the point about that ability is having voidless units. You can hold them alive for a pretty decent amount of time with help of revenants blessing and netherwarp. I used a revenants rPVE deck, that one was entirely build around keeping revenants alive. I managed to have my army alive for about 5-6 minutes, that was generally enough to clear a lvl 9 rPVE t4 stage. Also the ability effecit

Ability costs doesnt matter anyways as pretty much any 'good' PVE deck is around void manipulation anyways, so those costs arent an issue( effectively costing you 11 power). Do not forget that lost warlord is a XL counter which is much more useful in PVE than the L counter of overlord.

T4 cards arent relevant in PVP anyways so its pretty much nonsense comparing overlord and lost warlord in that regard.

Tbh i think that both cards are pretty good. While overlord is a card that is much more flexible and can be played in a lot of different decks, lost warlord is limited to 2-3 strategies however is superior to overlord in those decks.

Overall just a great card in my opinion

woooow.

Lost Souls green Lost Spirit Ship has the best heal in the game with its ability, its easy to stack up with altar of chaos or armored tower and all the energy is easiliy regained with a bit of void manipulation. It takes some preparation time for sure, however definetly worth

I dont think that most melee t4 units are supposed to be the damage dealers but more of a tank. I really liked to use Lost dragons + 2-3 lost spirit ships for healing + 1-2 lost warlord for tanking. Regarding the card costs. His stats are way superior to overlord that why it costs more.

I agree on revenants doom not being the best ability, however the point about that ability is having voidless units. You can hold them alive for a pretty decent amount of time with help of revenants blessing and netherwarp. I used a revenants rPVE deck, that one was entirely build around keeping revenants alive. I managed to have my army alive for about 5-6 minutes, that was generally enough to clear a lvl 9 rPVE t4 stage. Also the ability effecit

Ability costs doesnt matter anyways as pretty much any 'good' PVE deck is around void manipulation anyways, so those costs arent an issue( effectively costing you 11 power). Do not forget that lost warlord is a XL counter which is much more useful in PVE than the L counter of overlord.

T4 cards arent relevant in PVP anyways so its pretty much nonsense comparing overlord and lost warlord in that regard.

Tbh i think that both cards are pretty good. While overlord is a card that is much more flexible and can be played in a lot of different decks, lost warlord is limited to 2-3 strategies however is superior to overlord in those decks.

Overall just a great card in my opinion

you forgot to mention how badass an army of their revenants look, especially surrounded by ethereal storm and revenants blessing.

Ice-Shield-Tower.thumb.jpg.a47dbdfd8bfe6

I loved the liveliness in the last discussion guys, nice work. Let's get into some frost cards now!

This card I "think", I am not totally sure because I had never used this card, is pretty good. Stats are very good for a T1 structure, and the ability is pretty useful. The ice shield it gives is pretty beefy for T1, if anyone didn't know, it is 690. 

What do you guys think?

In PVE it can be useful on defensive maps. Defense tower has better stats but i guess with clever use of ice shield tower's ability it can be more effective. I can imagine lightblade's taunt supported by shielding being good against single, strong enemies.

In PVP it's not a must have T1 card, but a strong choice. Freemka showed how it can bring significant T1 advantages. It can be used to avoid being scavy or dreadcharger rushed on large maps and it can be an effective counter against offensive phase towers, also good to defend against T2.

Edited by SunWu II.

I loved the liveliness in the last discussion guys, nice work. Let's get into some frost cards now!

This card I "think", I am not totally sure because I had never used this card, is pretty good. Stats are very good for a T1 structure, and the ability is pretty useful. The ice shield it gives is pretty beefy for T1, if anyone didn't know, it is 690. 

What do you guys think?

it was a good t1 card for frostplayers on several pve maps with cliffs, iceshield was nice but in each game i used its ability maybe 2 times at max. later i switched it with Northern-Keep_frost, because this is a better tower if you defence with towers and units togheter 

Fire-Worm.thumb.jpg.db756ad74d88490b9f7e

Let's do one of the worms suggested by one of our fellow community members!

But for T4 it has horrible HP, worse that Deepcoil I believe which is only T3. The attack damage is pretty good although. I think this card was meant as a glass cannon of sorts. The earthquake ability has nice DPS for those who like it, but I still do not see the point in paying 210 power for this card and paying an additional 100 for the earthquake. The earth dive makes it take 50% less damage, but is rendered kind of bad when fighting because, you know it's not really moving.

That's my input, what do you guys think?

This is actually a great card, and not only because I really like worms. First of all, it has great ranged attack damage, killing everything from range. The earthquake ability is very good for random PvE: put five of these guys in a camp and you will deal over 5K damage to every unit around, every two seconds! You will basicly take out every camp in a few seconds. Combine the worms with thunder wagons as tanks in rampage mode. Ride the glorious hype wagons into battle, closely followed by the worms in earthquake mode. This was actually my favourite rpve deck (1 shadow and 3 fire orbs).

The low HP isn't really an issue because the tanks will take all the damage anyway. They move really quickly because they are worms, and so do the thunder wagons in hype mode.

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic