My Improved CardBase

gnomgrol

UPDATE: We made it! This is now the official cardBase. You can check it out on the usual link in the top bar of the forum.

Or Here:

https://allcards.skylords.eu/

If you want anything added or changed or have a bug to report, comment below!

Known bugs: 

- Some cards are sorted into the wrong place or display outdated info in the tooltip. This is because some data in the API is out of date and there is not much I can do about it.

1.8: 
- You can now sort cards in a deck using the arrow keys <- and ->
- Booster Simulator now has a button to share a booster

1.7:
- Added a Booster Simulator (link in the top bar)
- Some Visual Bugfixes

Patchnotes 1.6.6:
- Added a slider to adjust card size.

- Moved view maps button to the top line.

- Added easier implementation into existing website.

Patchnotes 1.6.5:

- Small GUI edits

- Made sure cards with bugged API stats still get added to all filters that they provide data for.

- Deck pictures now also have a "small" version

Patchnotes 1.6:

- Massive clean-up and GUI improvements

- Added Link Bar on top of page

- Decks can now be exported as pictures to link in forum posts (or anywhere else) or downloaded!

- Maps can now be sorted by player count

Patchnotes 1.5:

- Deckbuilding is live! Hover over the INFO text to get started.

- Card links are aquired by shift-clicking now.

- Decks can be ex/imported. Shift-click on any card in the deck to get a link!

- Some minor tweaks to improve usablity on wierd screen resolutions.

Patchnotes 1.4:

- You can now choose your orb order and sort by cards you could play with it!

- Double clicking a card shows a permanent link to the card.

- Added Button to reset all filters.

Patchnotes 1.3:

- Added filters for Rarity, Affinity and Edition.

- Added Unit Stat filtering.

- Changed all exclusive selectors to Multicheckboxes. You can now filter in much more detail.

- Fixed messed up UI for smaller screens

- Renamed remaining Back to Purple

Patchnotes 1.2:

- Added option to sort alphabetically

- Upgrades are now always in the correct order

- Added Maps View, which includes Minimap previews and loot tables

- Renamed Color Black to Purple

Patchnotes 1.1:

- Greatly improved loading speed and stability.

- Tooltip is now displayed next to the card, and intelligently chooses its position to be on screen.

- Tooltip now contains upgrades. Effects + where they drop.

- Sorting by Orbs or Energy is now exclusive of each other.

Bugfixes:- Firefox scrollbar working now.

See you in beta.

Quite impressive for one evening of work ^^

If you want suggestions, I'd say some advanced color searching, clearer sorting, since selecting both current options seems kinda random. Hovering over a card creates a nice window with all information, however it is placed directly on top of the viewed card, perhaps move it a bit to the side so the card is still visible and if you feel like it, add loot maps - where to get certain upgrades for each card. Good job either way, nice.

@gnomgrol You are doing an absolute great job! It works, and is super fast. Thanks for this.

Some things that I found anoying though:

- shadow is not black... its purple (not a bug, just cosmetic)

- Some tooltips (for example homesoil) display their upgrades in a different order (level 2, level 3, level 1, instead of 1, 2, 3)

- An extra search option to filter by name would be nice (just found out it sort of filters by name if you uncheck all other filters, but has a lot of cards in the wrong place)

People posted above me that it should replace the current card viewer skylords currently has (https://cardbase.skylords.eu/Views/App.html). Which I agree with. The only thing that the cardbase is doing better is showing the maps information. But maybe you could implement this too.

Maybe, if you add the feature to make decks, you could replace both the cardbase (link above), the allcards app (http://allcards.bfreborn.com/, currently not working?) and the battleforge cards app (http://www.bafocards.eu/). It would be nice to have one app to rule them all, which is also fast, complete, and always open for updates or bugfixes.

InsaneHawk likes this

Thanks for your reply. 

Some of the bugs you mentioned come straight from the api data sorting, I'll see what I can do.

Map implementation is on the way.

I talked with insaneHawk in the shoutout box about adding mine as default, you can read the conversation.

With all the support of you guys we might be able to convince him :)

5 hours ago, gnomgrol said:

I talked with insaneHawk in the shoutout box about adding mine as default, you can read the conversation.

With all the support of you guys we might be able to convince him :)

I saw your conversation with him yeah. I think he is willing to give you a chance. He also liked my post where i mentioned that your database should replace all other databases so far, so I think you have a fair chance here.

I see you added a 'show maps' button. Nice work, it functions like it should (as far as I tested). It is slow though, which was to be expected, but maybe you can still speed it up or optimize it. I noticed the 'show maps' button moved in the short time I tried it out, so i assume you are still working on it. I will try it again tomorrow.

Edit: It seems to have magically speed up. It is super quick now, even the maps page. Maybe it has something to do with cookies? (i have no clue, I have barely any knowledge about this topic)

Edited by SilenceKiller99

@gnomgrol Nice work! looking good.

If you still wanna add extra features, here is a list of things you possibly could still add:

- selecter menu to select only cards with 1/2/3/4 orbs (like the dropdown menu for card colours now)

- selecter menu to select only cards of rarity common/uncommon/rare/ultra rare/promo

- selecter menu to select only cards for twilight/renegade/lostsouls/amii edition

- selecter menu to select only cards from a certain affinity (the tainted/blessed/gifted/infused abilities)

- more options to filter for units, for example their size, meelee/ranged, and counter damage

the old 'allcards' database had an option to even specify what orbs to use, for exapmle: first orb fire, seconds orb nature, third orb fire again. It would then show all cards that you would be able to play with these 3 orbs in that order. Maybe you can do something with that still, but that might be to complicated for what its worth

Edited by SilenceKiller99
Changed dropdown menu to selecter menu, like TheSilverlost suggested

Just now, SilenceKiller99 said:

@gnomgrol Nice work! looking good.

If you still wanna add extra features, here is a list of things you possibly could still add:

- dropdown menu to select only cards with 1/2/3/4 orbs (like the dropdown menu for card colours now)

Not a dropdown, but rather a select thingy. So i can search for 2 and 3 orbs at the same time. Like in the game.

1 minute ago, TheSilverlost said:

Not a dropdown, but rather a select thingy. So i can search for 2 and 3 orbs at the same time. Like in the game.

That would be better, indeed. Maybe even change the card colour and card type also to a selecter filter then?

@gnomgrol nice to see that you plan to add deckbuilding, I think you are on your way to surpass the older databases

2 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

That would be better, indeed. Maybe even change the card colour and card type also to a selecter filter then?

@gnomgrol nice to see that you plan to add deckbuilding, I think you are on your way to surpass the older databases

Yeah i mean we can get behind the selector thingy, for every dropdown if we really want too. Aha

This one is really well made i must say very good job! Keep up the good work and yea i hope this could be the official and universal one once some of the suggestions that u got ,get implemented so keep up the good work and see you on the forge soon!