Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

I missed the time when she was viable in PvP, before she got nerfed. I still tried to use her in a pure shadow deck, wich costed ELO, but led to some really great moments. One time i managed to fully heal an army of shadow mages with her ability wich took my oponent by surprise (players that never encountered that ability mistake it for a corpse explosion, wich has the same animation). BUT it's much easier and more efficent to play pure shadow with KoC and/or NG as your L counter and to use green netherwarp for your mageheals. Still a beauty and the only skylord of shadow, so thematically really fitting into a pure shadow deck !

KOC?

Core-Dredge_frost.thumb.jpg.4b73dd578292Core-Dredge_fire.thumb.jpg.5ec8f6ad7e196

Right before we get to Knight of Chaos, which will be tomorrow's post, I want to talk about Core Dredge.

I mean, I cannot see myself taking this card when there are such cards like: Avatar of Frost or even Northland Drake. I suppose it is like Deepcoil Worm for frost, but without the tunnel system thingy. Also it could be hard to get from a pack, and if you really wanted to save up for a good frost card, you would go for Avatar of Frost imo.

Core-Dredge_frost.thumb.jpg.4b73dd578292Core-Dredge_fire.thumb.jpg.5ec8f6ad7e196

Right before we get to Knight of Chaos, which will be tomorrow's post, I want to talk about Core Dredge.

I mean, I cannot see myself taking this card when there are such cards like: Avatar of Frost or even Northland Drake. I suppose it is like Deepcoil Worm for frost, but without the tunnel system thingy. Also it could be hard to get from a pack, and if you really wanted to save up for a good frost card, you would go for Avatar of Frost imo.

This card is definitely superior to AoF in PvP, cheaper, less orb requirements and especially the fire one(siege) for base nuke  or the blue one combined with northstar for some good damage when using Freeze. Having said that, the fire aff isn't particularly great at Base Nuking, mass Tremors would do a better job by far. The utility in Core Dredge lies in its what I like to call "hidden swift". All worms have this and although its not described as having swift, it moves even faster than a swift unit due to its Earth Dive ability and when moving around in general.

I used it in a deck with deepcoil worm for PvE, never really used it in PvP much though. AoF v Core hmm well you couldn't just use pain link against it, so that's good. Its ability to take 50% less damage when moving + knocking back S + M units could sometimes also be useful. 

Avatar of Frost is pretty bad in PvP... I mean, you really only need silverwind, tremor, timeless one, and shield building for an OP frost t3. But if you do want more, I wouldn't take avatar of frost. There are too many counters for him. The fact that he only has 500 HP under his shield means he can kill himself against a lifeweaving. (or you can kill the avatar by hurting your own unit with lifeweaving). Disintegration kills him really easily, GS do good burst damage against him...

Core Dredge isn't bad, it just isn't needed.

Abyssal-Warder_frost.thumb.jpg.a51b90836Abyssal-Warder_fire.thumb.jpg.a92c2d6a62

My apologies for the recent delays in the topic's posts, real life stuff been bothering me, but anyways here's the new one!

I really like the design of this card, something I would of came up with eventually myself. Very good stat line both affinities are pretty good, I just prefer the blue over red imo though. Anyways i am not sure about PVP but in PVE this would be great having 2 or 3 even of these on the field can really help out. 

A shoutout to SilenceKiller99, Dallarian, Ulrakool, and Hiroo for helping out this discussion during my time of negligence.

This is one of the many cards where I do not understand why they cost so much. The unit isn't really worth going for in my opinion simply due to the fact that it requires 3 nature orbs. Besides, his stats aren't all that great and it's a L counter. Best thing about him in my opinion is his ability: Breakdown.

I think the breakdown ability is the thing that makes it worth the power. I also think this unit should not be any cheaper, keep in mind that if this unit gets 'spamable' it would get a big mess of little brokendown mini warders

Thanks to shrine of memory it is,to a certain extent, spamable (you getting the power back as soon as it breaks down the first time is what makes it really sweet). It's still not OP because with only 4 charges you can't spam too careless and a Jugger still does more damage. Also pure nature has no damage buffs like motivate or homesoil. Those could make 5 or more minions with built up rage really scary (always prefered the red affinity)

Seems like there are better nature cards that would be a good alternative to this card. I'd probably not use him if I ever would be such a big traitor that I tried out nature.... which I NEVER will.

The only other Nature T3 L counters are Razorleaf (which sucks if you don't have a root deck) and Drones. Drones are Okey-ish I guess but I think abyssal warder is still a better card (more expensive, but more offensive power). I also think that this is your personal preference, so that there is not really a 'good or bad/wrong or right' thing.

The only other Nature T3 L counters are Razorleaf (which sucks if you don't have a root deck) and Drones. Drones are Okey-ish I guess but I think abyssal warder is still a better card (more expensive, but more offensive power). I also think that this is your personal preference, so that there is not really a 'good or bad/wrong or right' thing.

Ah, okey. I don't really know :P I never played nature. Main shadow player here :P

They were useless. You could sadly not stack affinitys in a reasonable amount and the buff was not strong enough to be worth 100  bound power.

The thing with abyssal warder is that you reach t3 with pure nature at really high energylevels since SoM and Eps will lead to a powerspike at t2 against an enemy t3 were you will probably spam do/burrower and delay your t3timing a bit.

Following that SoM will let you have high energyspikes at t3. This makes Mo a really good choice for pure nature. Gameending basenuke is way better than a grinding "I kill all your units" thing. Nature is very good in supporting Xl units with high healthpools since surge of light heals a single unit for a ridiculous amount.

Abyssal Warders healthpool isnt high and his first form is barely worth the support at all.

The card is not weak by any means but does not fit in the currently strongest options for pure nature t3.

In 2n2 you could probably get away with running two Xl units and that might even be pretty strong.

They really were useless in PvP. But if i remember correctly the flame crystal was good in rPVE. I think it gave every own (and friendly?) unit with fire affinity the rage ability. So let's say you had an army of fire wagons (fire affinity) attacking for a certain amount of time, they would deal 4x their normal damage in the end. I remember how a lot of player got it wrong and confused fire affinity with fire unit, but i was too smart for that ! Can somebody remember or test if it really multiplied the damage x 4 or if it was a weaker form of rage-ability for the units ?

The crystals are far too gimmicky and give too little in return to make them really even worth it. The only scenario where I see them poentially being useful is rPvE and in T4 and there the effects are too little too late. I also remember somebody calculating the damage effect of the red crystal and it was way less than any other rage effect in the game. 

On top of it, I can think of a lot of options in T4 which are way more powerful than any of those puny crystals.

The cards are bad by design, but if you really would want to make them viable, lower their cost, make them T4 and give them better abilities. But even then, I think they are too cheesy and just not needed in the game.

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic