Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

The cards are bad by design, but if you really would want to make them viable, lower their cost, make them T4 and give them better abilities. But even then, I think they are too cheesy and just not needed in the game.

Or make them have a really low cost, like 20 or something, but make them single use, so that the bound power part is also fixed.

* although it would be almost equal to a spell in that case

Edited by SilenceKiller99

Flame Crystal was actually pretty decennt. When spamming LSS it gave quite a good damage increase. The damage increase was capped at 50%. That actually made every rocket hit for 120 instead of 80 damage. It takes about 5 seconds to get to that point. Obviously this one gets better the more LSS are on the map and so this one got especially worth in 2 and 4 player speedruns :)

The problem with these crystals is that you have to build a deck around it to make it work, which in PvP is rarely an option. For Frost affinity cards I did try using Ice Crystal, and 20% damage reduction is quite a nice bonus but... you need frost affinity cards for it. The most useful one is likely Flame Crystal, but the Earth Crystal does stack nicely with other nature regen buildings, like Fountain of Rebirth and Healing Gardens. Again, this revolves around building a deck around them so I'd consider it worth using in PvE rather than PvP.

566ac98af252d_Warriors-Death_frost.thumb566ac98c2860c_Warriors-Death_fire.thumb.

Hey look what I found guys! jk

This card seems alright (ALRIGHT) mind you, it is far from being good I think, because of it's cost and during that time with 2 orbs, you would rather summon a unit. If there was a unit you used this spell on during T2, it wouldn't be much of a good investment, I would personally use this on Soulhunter during T3 if I was running a bandit deck. The cost is just too high to work with I'd rather just stick to normal fire or shadow spells before going for the bandit spells.

Overall I don't like this card

566ac98af252d_Warriors-Death_frost.thumb566ac98c2860c_Warriors-Death_fire.thumb.

Hey look what I found guys! jk

This card seems alright (ALRIGHT) mind you, it is far from being good I think, because of it's cost and during that time with 2 orbs, you would rather summon a unit. If there was a unit you used this spell on during T2, it wouldn't be much of a good investment, I would personally use this on Soulhunter during T3 if I was running a bandit deck. The cost is just too high to work with I'd rather just stick to normal fire or shadow spells before going for the bandit spells.

Overall I don't like this card

To understand that card you must have played Bandits for a serious amount of time and apart from a few exceptions, nobody did. The card has its flaws (aka no knockback protection and high cost), but it is a great addition to fire/shadow T2 as Bandits lack CC themselves and are very vulnearable to CC in general.

50% more damage over 20 seconds sucks, because it wont really make a huge difference and with the blue affinity you can more or less guarantee that the enemy won't be able to kill the affected unit until the effect wears off.

And actually, the card was most valuable in pvp. Bandit player "Legend" had the great idea to use it on Sunderer to give Bandits T2 a valid siege unit. He chained Unholy Power, Ravage and Warrior's Death on Sunderer and man was it effective. But you could also use it on frenzied Nightcrawlers and it still remained a valid card in T3.

I also liked it on rpve10, as a Shadow Phoenix + WD WILL reach its target or you could use it to improve the already powerful combo of Commandos + Rioter's Retreat to an even greater extend.

i will quote LagOps for this one, as he's the one with the PhD in Banditology:

,,Warrior's death... oh boy the most toxic bandits card ever. who ever thought this card would be a good idea???

first of all: bandits have a good enough offense just with the basic cards you would play anyways. chosing purely offensive cards is very risky and will create holes in your defense. even if it is as devestating as it is, i would not play it just because it does not fill a role that needs filling in a bandits deck.

This card has only frost protects as a counterplay and in combination with rallying banner and/or nightcrawler, this is just utterly ridiciuolus. a frenzy warriors nc+assasins kills a well vs. anything that is not frost and can hardly be avoided. as soon as your well drops into the 1500 hp range it can be deleted by this very cheap combo. it is as close to a t2 curse well as you can get. in 2v2 it is even more broken since you won't be lacking defense if paried with a frost splash. this card needs a rework. it has no counterplay and is only worth it when beeing abused. it is hardly usefull in defense (what prevents your enemy from running away and letting the unit die?) and adds nothing to the bandits playstyle. it simplyfys it to a point where the whole complexity and strategy (every matchups requires a vastly different tactical approach and deep faction knowledge pays off. you can find your own style within the faction and try out new things) is nullified as long as you don't face anything with frost. usually warriror's death players are unable to play bandits propery (no offense, not beeing able to execute a faction is nothing to be ashamed about) and then lose to frost splashes anyways.''

Unity_nature.thumb.jpg.0cbf835ec2b93a7a6Unity_frost.thumb.jpg.0e8f4dc24b70016c50

I remember getting tons of these and never using them. Anyways it kind of reminds me of the Infernal Chains card, except being used by all friendly units. It seems pretty good for PVE inside great amounts of what I like to call war moments, when there are a lot of units fighting one another. Especially in very difficult PVE campaigne runs or just Battlegrounds PVE on a high difficulty as well. Overall pretty good I can say the least!

I think I have seen these being used in PvP Free To Play games or similar. A pretty good card for keeping your units alive since they will share life points. Probably is very good with nature splash as you can heal the units after they all take damage. Pretty good card for beginners, but only subpar if you have better cards.

Pretty decent card, was usefull in 2 player rpve lvl 10 against twilight, to get rid of those nasty willzappers before entering a base and adding a bit more cc for those wrathgazers.

Really liked the purple affinity for some damage increase in the fairly low damage stonekin decks.

Mana-Wing.thumb.jpg.251cb0fdd219bbaf71d4 :kappa:

Here's a good looking card! So I would be quick to assume that not only does it look good, but plays out very nicely. Being pretty much one of the only flying t1 cards, gives it some nice mobility. Although I am bothered by it's low base hp stat line, but can be probably fixed with some upgrades. Also the damage is pretty nice on it, and the power cost is very flexible, overall nice card, definitely something you should chose for a PVP deck 

Edited by Loptous

Mana Wing... I rarely used it. I believe the only time I used it was to solo The Dwarven Riddle and Raven's End. Best feature about it is that it's a flying unit at T1, which can come real handy.

... definitely something you should chose for a PVP deck.

I think PVP players will beg to differ.

Mana Wing... I rarely used it. I believe the only time I used it was to solo The Dwarven Riddle and Raven's End. Best feature about it is that it's a flying unit at T1, which can come real handy.

I think PVP players will beg to differ.

Well I did say it had low health and I didn't play PVP with nature so, I was trying to figure out all the archers and stuff, but then again I was also thinking of this card as a scouting type of card, not really used for combat. Then again what do I know...

Well I did say it had low health and I didn't play PVP with nature so, I was trying to figure out all the archers and stuff, but then again I was also thinking of this card as a scouting type of card, not really used for combat. Then again what do I know...

scouting? PvP doesn't have FoW

Mana-Wing.thumb.jpg.251cb0fdd219bbaf71d4

Here's a good looking card! So I would be quick to assume that not only does it look good, but plays out very nicely. Being pretty much one of the only flying t1 cards, gives it some nice mobility. Although I am bothered by it's low base hp stat line, but can be probably fixed with some upgrades. Also the damage is pretty nice on it, and the power cost is very flexible, overall nice card, definitely something you should chose for a PVP deck.

Sorry I just have to do this:

34ypqfp.jpg

It says a lot about this card if even a ranged S counter can beat this card (or maybe it says even more about Master Archers...).

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic