What kind of DAILY quests would you prefer as main BFP source?

Kubik

What kind of DAILY quests would you prefer as main BFP source?  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of DAILY quests would you prefer as main BFP source?

• Weekly based play X minutes, with no additional reward for winning
    • Weekly based play X minutes, with small (less than 10%) reward for winning
    • Daily based play X minutes, with no additional reward for winning
    • Daily based play X minutes, with small (less than 10%) reward for winning
    • Weekly based win map X, or play that map for at least Y minutes and lose to get significantly reduced reward (50%)
    • Daily based win map X, or play that map for at least Y minutes and lose to get significantly reduced reward (50%)
    • Weekly based win map X
    • Daily based win map X
    • Other type (please describe)
    • No quests just give us everything
  2. 2. Would you prefer to get more BFP on higher difficulties?

• NO
    • Only a bit more for higher difficulties
    • Only based on leaderboards results
    • Only a bit more for higher difficulties and some rewards based on leaderboards results
    • YES, Expert maps should give at least twice as much BFP compared to standard
    • YES, Expert maps should give at least twice as much BFP compared to standard and rewards based on leaderboards results

Before you ask, yes I read that thread, but these are more of an chievements than daily quests.

Giving out BFP only based on play time, and only in limited amount on weekly bases is the most fair option of these, because everyone get the same amount of BFP and will have no gap between skilled players and new players in regards to BFP gain.

On the other hand rewarding only victories and based on difficulty will give big advantage to veteran players that know the game and can start expert maps quickly.

We are not going to use result of this poll unless we want to, we are interested in opinions, we take them to consideration, but we do not need to follow the majority!

There seem to be missunderstanding with "or play that map for at least Y minutes to get significantly reduced reward (50%)" it mean that if you play at least Y minutes and lose not win you can take 50% of reward

Edited by Kubik
mbored and Logarius like this

• Kubik pinned and featured this topic
21 minutes ago, thesikaleon said:

Just find a way so people like me who are interested just for PvP won't be forced to play PvE, thank you

Well the opposite goes for me. I would much prefer to get all rewards in PvE than being forced to play PvP

Do not worry about PvP right now, there is separate plan for that.

50% reward is not meant to be negative, but in case player lose, but was trying long enough to be rewarded at least partially for his/her time, new players can have high lose rate and that would allow them to pick reward even without a win.

Missions should be as broad and general as possible so that every thinkable playstyle (PvE, PvP, solo, duo, etc.) can complete them. People shouldn't be required to play specific maps, modes, cards or whatever. Also be careful with a time requirement. The current video game market is getting oversaturated with "games as a service" that all tout for players time and everyone wants people to sink their freetime into their game so they can have more opportunities to shove microtransactions in everyone's face. I don't think you want to enter into this competition, so the required amount of playtime should be generously low.

For purely cosmetic achievements on the other hand, that are just there for bragging rights, I think you can go as specialized as you like.

There could be a small incentive to play harder content. Just a tiny bonus so that pushing to difficult maps is a tad more rewarding. Overdo that and it would create a big imbalance between players.

As you stated, players with a lot of time naturally have the ability to progress faster already. The balance is definitely delicate but also considering that the size of the community will be quite small and imbalances could be felt even more severely, I would err on the side of caution. Keeping things as accessible and even as possible.

Also, leaving things on the table always feels bad and frustrating. So I think the diminishing returns of investing more time should definitely be noticeable.

oh wow

1. i like the System like its now ,

2. worktimes : i Need to stand up 05.00 AM , driving 0600 @ work until 06.00 PM , driving home 1 hr , , with human neededs i only have About 1 hr time to Play per day !

so do Weekly quest for reward , like Play 210 minutes in any gamemode , or win map x , y , z map (not on a specific day )

and not everyone is able to beat every map on highest difficultys ! even with a good deck !

Coveras likes this

Why would you Change the actually reward?

I like the acutally reward System. because you only Need to Play 30 min for a Booster and you can reroll the bfps if ist too hard! and for rpve 6 ist for all possible too beat!

plz dont Change this ;)

greetz

JTRettore likes this

Tried thinking about this one tons, since you've brought the game back, and will say again, thank you for reviving this gem of a game.

It won't bother me how the progression system turns out either way, I can enjoy solo or coops with the basic starter cards we get: giant thanks for the mostly solid starter set.
As long as progression is at least as good as it is now, the game is completely playable and doesn't damage its long term value. Just tossing a few instance based idea suggestions!

MMOs have a 'Rested bonus'! Shouldn't be hard to do something similar.
Daily: Play time based reward like usual 30 minutes a day. With 1 stored extra play time daily (if you didn't finish yesterday) and reductions for missed play time.
(adjust it with a weekly timer subtraction, subtracts 5 minutes from the daily if you didn't play yesterday
10 minutes if you haven't played in 2 days, and stores up to 30 minutes of *daily consecutive reductions*?
e.g. -10 min to the timer, for 3 days in a row, if you havent played for a week!)

Essentially this idea basically means, if you didn't complete your 30min daily for w/e reason, you get a 25 or a 20 minute daily! Also being able to hold over 2, 30 minute dailies isn't a bad idea either, if I don't play for several days because of a busy week it'd be nice to see 2, 20 minute dailies on the weekend for at least a decent reward. Or 2 dailies (for a total of 55 minutes) if I didn't play yesterday. This concept's basis is to consider that players who do play daily, will guarantee an advantage, 14.2% per day of a total weekly payout for daily players. Backstocking a missed daily through a week at least provides almost 30% of the total possible weekly reward.

Daily quests (either PVP or Coops, no forced PVP or PVE)
Those daily types should probably just be 'any campaign, PVE 6 or harder, or PVP quest', maybe 2x per day? (1 Solo or multiplayer, 1 multiplayer required?)

Quest completion counter (keeps a running tally of all these quests you've completed, providing bonus packs at specific intervals)
Already a standard, and not a bad idea, it works fantastic as an overall progress condition, maybe gets a bit steep when your far in though.

Proposed Suggestion: Another secondary running tally counter, like the completion counter, every 10 missions (PVE6, Campaign, or PVP)
that you complete, rewards you with a singular common card from a unique (custom commons only) booster set.

By offering 1 free common for the completion of every 10 missions (not quests, but any mission meeting the same requirements) common cards will have low prices by ensuring the common cards are just that, common. This suggestion revolves around several ideas, ease for new players to purchase common units and spell cards they'll need reducing any shortages, players that continue playing after completing the dailies have a basic incentive to continue enjoying the game, even if its not huge or highly profitable. This suggestion also avoids providing an additional BFP directly to players who play for too long causing any large negative impact on BFP production.

Don't figure I mean to tell you how to make or balance the game, I'm just happy to see and play it again, just thought this one through for awhile and figured I'd offer the ideas, even they don't get implemented. Thanks for letting us enjoy this classic again.

Edited by Fayded
Kubik likes this

I think this way ... (And I hope you do not throw stones at me for this) the text in parentheses is a saying that we use a lot in Brazil, I hope it does not sound very strange.
I believe that the rewards should be "equal", not to benefit many newcomers and also not to benefit the more experienced.

In spite of the fact that the novices "need" more boosters in the beginning of the game because they do not have so many letters. These should not acquire a greater amount than those who are already in the game the longest and battling daily.

On the other hand, those who have played for a long time and are "experienced" should not benefit from this either, since they have been playing for a longer time and are more likely to complete more difficult challenges and obtain better rewards for this.

In this way, I believe that the rewards should be equal for everyone, with the extra for victory (SMALL) just as an extra bonus.

An example of a change to the rewards, I believe the daily playing 30 minutes to win a booster, should be modified.

One way to change it would be as follows:
Keep the 30-minute reward as the booster, however, for every 15 minutes thrown after this 30 requirement, add a prize to the player. Limiting the rewards after 2 hours of play.

Nothing extraordinary, but something that keeps the player interested in continuing to play, and from this were he could play whatever he liked. Be PVP, PVE, rbg, or whatever.

As a daily mission, just win "x" maps, or play "x" matches.
This would be the right kind of mission to come every day, nothing that would force anyone to do something they did not like.

I hope my point has been clear. It is not easy to try to argue using a language that you are not fluent in.

7 minutes ago, Upoo said:

As a daily mission, just win "x" maps, or play "x" matches.
This would be the right kind of mission to come every day, nothing that would force anyone to do something they did not like. 

So you prefer BFP/Boosters only for time? What reward you imagine for these?

9 minutes ago, Kubik said:

So you prefer BFP/Boosters only for time? What reward you imagine for these?

Not necessarily, I believe we should be limited (to 1 booster per day as a reward), just as it has been done as a reward for playing 30 minutes.

However, I believe that this reward could be improved, so I suggested the following:
"One way to change it would be as follows:
Keep the 30-minute reward for the booster, however, for every 15 minutes thrown after this 30 requirement, add a prize to the player. Limiting the rewards after 2 hours of play. "
This additional reward up to 2 hours should be BFP.

As for the part of the text that made the quote, was my suggestion as to the daily missions, which I believe should not force players to do something they do not like, so I suggested that it be "win x maps" or " play x matches ". For this type of mission we can all complete, without anyone being benefited, whether new or experienced.
And as for the rewards of these daily missions, I believe they could be the way it's been done, 50-75 BFP, or even a small amount (if the first suggestion were to be taken, which would increase the reward on a whole).

I like the idea of every day you have the ability to get one booster and the possibility to get enough bfp to get another booster using bfp if all quests are completed including a win map x this gives more objectives for the day as opposed to just 3 quests and two booster possibility per day would be nice especially since prices fluxuate and go up and down in the market. As people are able to get more cards this will make it easier for the beginner to play with the pros and keeps everyone happy you could make it so the quests take a total of two or more hours to complete so you still have people playing for periods of time.

Edited by budders024

higher rewards on wins and difficult maps would reward players with lucky boosters. those who were not so lucky gets it even harder.

flaming when you join a lobby with lower decklevel...

i don´t know. i don´t care. happy that i am not a new player anymore. i would find my way^^

• 3 weeks later...

The fact that that many people want to get twice the reward for doing expert maps and further leaderboard rewards is so greedy and funny. There is maps that can be speedrun and some people want to farm them to get a significant advantage over novice players and people more focused in PvP. I see Kubic has made a response saying they are interested in opinions and wont necessarily implement the most popular poll result, but I just want to say that the people voting for that with the intent to more or less abuse it along with the early re-release marketplace rare card prices to just stack money should be ashamed of themselves. 

Coveras likes this

2 hours ago, mbored said:

The fact that that many people want to get twice the reward for doing expert maps and further leaderboard rewards is so greedy and funny. There is maps that can be speedrun and some people want to farm them to get a significant advantage over novice players and people more focused in PvP. I see Kubic has made a response saying they are interested in opinions and wont necessarily implement the most popular poll result, but I just want to say that the people voting for that with the intent to more or less abuse it along with the early re-release marketplace rare card prices to just stack money should be ashamed of themselves. 

Minorities are usually overpresent in any kind of public internet vote because they have a higher percentage of participants compared to other groups. Solely listening on thse votes is a bad idea because of that. 

About the daily rewards: 

Just as another option: How about adding the "get a free common card" for a "win of the day" quest? 

Edited by DarcReaver
mbored likes this

9 hours ago, DarcReaver said:

Minorities are usually overpresent in any kind of public internet vote because they have a higher percentage of participants compared to...

There are currently only like 12 active people present in the leaderboards. Yet there are more votes.

• 1 year later...

I would think that a simple daily play X could incorporate everyone. I know once everything resets we will all be back at square one, however, longevity of a game depends on bringing in new blood and specific missions would reduce incentive for a new player to get started as it's currently difficult enough to get a steady flow of BFP whereby you actually feel like you are "growing" in a positive way. It's also why I think not only expert but advanced missions should reward more BFP than standard missions to compensate for the time necessary to complete the maps.

I would say the largest drawback for me at the moment is honestly the inability to purchase BFP and packs. The BFP you get from daily missions seems tedious and forces me into grinding daily missions to earn BFP. It was never liked much in MMORPGs and I don't like it here. They are fine to reward people for going above and beyond to min/max their earnings but shouldn't be the baseline set for how much BFP is reasonable for one to earn.

Everything as it is leaves me wanting more. More packs and more to do than to login for 45 minutes get my discounted pack and log off. The 20ish BFP I get for a map isn't worth the effort. I would rather decrease the daily mission rewards from 75/50 BFP to 50/25 and would rather like to see the base gain from a standard mission (because we will all need to farm for our upgrades) increased from the average 20 whatever to 35 which would require 13 standard maps to get a pack which is more reasonable than 21-22 maps needed which is simply absurd. Advanced missions should reward around 45 which requires 10 maps and expert should give 55 which is at 8 maps.

If you are deadset on preventing people from getting ahead of others which isn't unreasonable then I would then you could simply limit the number of packs purchasable per day to 2 which means you can earn BFP and store it but your progress is capped. This allows some of us working folks to play hard on the weekends to makeup for the loss of playtime during the weekdays. So I can farm BFP hard on the days I can and not fall too far behind due to daily missions being a large source of BFP.

The largest contention is how fast someone can progress, but comparing a speed running expert to standard players is apples to oranges. If you want to slow people down then hardcap packs purchasable a day or apply a growth to packs purchased so the first pack every day is 450 then 500 then 550, etc. 

Edited by Kyoji

7 hours ago, Kyoji said:

The 20ish BFP I get for a map isn't worth the effort. I would rather decrease the daily mission rewards from 75/50 BFP to 50/25 and would rather like to see the base gain from a standard mission (because we will all need to farm for our upgrades) increased from the average 20 whatever to 35 which would require 13 standard maps to get a pack which is more reasonable than 21-22 maps needed which is simply absurd. Advanced missions should reward around 45 which requires 10 maps and expert should give 55 which is at 8 maps.

You don't earn BFP for winning a map, you gain BFP by spending time in matches. More matches does not equal more BFP. I am also not sure where you are pulling "20 BFP" from. Furthermore, your statement about requiring 10-20+ matches for an extra booster misses the point. The daily BFP rewards (which are different from the daily quests), consists of the daily boost and the reserves. With the daily boost (250BFP) + 2 quests (150BFP) you can buy whatever booster you wish with the booster discount. The reserves is and was not meant to give you an option to buy an extra booster. It is simply there to give you some BFP if you decide to play a lot more.  At one point many more achievements will be added too, which gives players another reason to play more (or differently, rewards players for playing more).

Edited by Ladadoos

2 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

You don't earn BFP for winning a map, you gain BFP by spending time in matches. More matches does not equal more BFP. I am also not sure where you are pulling "20 BFP" from. Furthermore, your statement about requiring 10-20+ matches for an extra booster misses the point. The daily BFP rewards (which are different from the daily quests), consists of the daily boost and the reserves. With the daily boost (250BFP) + 2 quests (150BFP) you can buy whatever booster you wish with the booster discount. The reserves is and was not meant to give you an option to buy an extra booster. It is simply there to give you some BFP if you decide to play a lot more.  At one point many more achievements will be added too, which gives players another reason to play more (or differently, rewards players for playing more).

Ah I was mistaken then about how it was earned. The 20 BFP I got was a general number I found reoccurring from spamming PvE maps well after the daily boost was gone. Can I ask why the idea of slowing progression to one pack a day was decided? It sounds counter-intuitive to encouraging play in a multiplayer game. Not that I want to criticize but I would like to understand more of the logic so I can formulate better responses in the future. 

• Zyna unpinned and unfeatured this topic