Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

Scythe-Fiends.jpg.5fe0c38f053c400822089a

AbilityIcon Activatable Tunneling

Activate to teleport unit to an own ground unit or structure within a 30m range. Reusable every 10 seconds.
This ability is properly, a teleportation ability rather than a tunneling ability as with many Nature Cards; it does not require a tunnel nor can it use the tunnel network.

AbilityIcon Passive Swift

Moves at high speed.

Upgrades:

Scythe Fiends I Damage+15x4

Scythe Fiends I Tunneling+10m range

Scythe Fiends II Damage+30x4

Scythe Fiends II Tunneling+10m range

Scythe Fiends III Damage+30x4

Scythe Fiends III Tunneling-5s until reusable

Oooooooooh my sweet little friends, the fiery red scythe fiends.

One of the strongest and coolest S-Counter, with swift they were the perfect haunter.

Found in the booster they were mine, 100power costs is totally fine.

I really liked them in play, no more things to say.

in terms of raw stats it seems very meh at first, but it really wrecks assasins and ravage is also great at keeping a single unit alive. swift is very nice to prevent kiting as well. a very well desinged counter that manages to act as a counter and not as a pseudo siege unit as one might think due to the power cost. i like the unit a lot, solid design, strong enough and doesn't feel unfair to play against. 

Lost-Dancer_fire.jpg.d3d1065f2e86c99c4d5Lost-Dancer_shadow.jpg.0c34c177f7bafc86b

AbilityIcon AutoCast Tainted Tainted Blast

Affinity: Tainted
Every 3 seconds, unit delivers a nether blast that deals 80 damage to enemies in a 15m radius, up to 120 in total. Deals 100% more damage against humans.

AbilityIcon AutoCast Blast

Every 3 seconds, unit delivers a nether blast that deals 80 damage to enemies in a 15m radius, up to 120 in total.

AbilityIcon Activatable Necro Explosion

Power: 25
Activate to gather up to 2600 life points from corpses within a 20m radius around the caster to create a huge nether sphere that explodes after 2 seconds dealing the corpses former maximum life points as area damage to hostile and friendly entities. Up to 25% of the gathered life points are dealt as damage per target. Affects ground targets only. Knocks back small units.

Reusable every 10 seconds.

AbilityIcon Activatable Revenant's Doom

Power: 60
Activate to bestow the unit with a curse that will make it ressurect in case it dies. The resurrected revenant will only be a shadow of its former self but it will be endowed with the same abilities and equal in strength. After 20 seconds the revenant will then die once and for all. May only be triggered once.

AbilityIcon Passive Infused Siege

Affinity: Infused
Deals 50% more damage against structures
Does not increase damage done by Necro Explosion to building

Upgrades:

Lost Dancer I Lifepoints+40

Lost Dancer I Necro Explosion+150 life points gathered from corpses

Lost Dancer II Lifepoints+80

Lost Dancer II Necro Explosion+250 life points gathered from corpses

Lost Dancer III Lifepoints+80

Lost Dancer III Necro Explosion+300 life points gathered from corpses

I dont know if it is as OP as the firedancer... but then it would be a pretty good card. 

The damage is a little lower tho, 80 per shot instead of the 100 from firedancer. Also the siege bonus is only 50%, while firedancer has 75%. So it is definitelly not as strong as firedancer, but it has an extra active ability.

18 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

I dont know if it is as OP as the firedancer... but then it would be a pretty good card. 

The damage is a little lower tho, 80 per shot instead of the 100 from firedancer. Also the siege bonus is only 50%, while firedancer has 75%. So it is definitelly not as strong as firedancer, but it has an extra active ability.

Firedancer is definitely stronger against structures - in U3 its siege is 150%. The ability is like a built in card of the similar name (corpse X necro explosion), which is fine as it's normally Pure Shadow. The range is also smaller than usually, as is her lower attack speed (tested) - can however attack flying units - the damage is not so high, but still fine

Lost Dancer has signifiacantly higher HP though, which is nice. Both are strong, hard to say which is stronger or more usefull. I prefer Firedancer, but that's just because I prefer Pure decks over splashes. 

Oh, and not sure if anyone ever uses the purple affinity... hardly reliable  

Edited by anonyme0273

3 hours ago, anonyme0273 said:

Both are strong, hard to say which is stronger or more usefull.

For PvP the answer is clear. Firedancer is one of the irreplacable core cards of maybe the strongest deck there is while lost dacer is next to useless. It is much weaker than a lot of other units a lost souls T2 has to offer: nightcrawlers, darkefls, stormsinger and especially for siege (the role lost dancer is supposed to fulfil) mounty is the superior unit.

Fun fact: The actualy damage of this unit is Actually 666

The card used to suck badly but the devs ninja-buffed it without a watchlist and since then it is fairly useable in pve and even rpve if you feel like it. And I think it is a really cool card in visual design and if you go for a Lost Soul theme army, you really don't need to feel bad when taking it.

But is it a top-tier card? Of course it is not a must have card but it does have a lot of utility. A friend of mine especially liked the purple affinity against bandits, because 100% more damage results in an insane amount of damage, so you can even use her as a main damage dealer.

I think the biggest contender of this card are Shadow Assassins which have the great bonus on being garrisonable on walls and you really dont need more than one s-counter.

I'd probably rate it with abou 7,5/10. You can make a lot out of this card if you use Necro explosion at the right time and Revenants Doom you can use it twice in a row.

Retreating-Circle.jpg.6323fd4f2c6848f5ec

AbilityIcon Spell Homeland Portal

Creates a Portal that teleports friendly units in a 15m radius back to the nearest monument of their owner. Lasts for 30 seconds. Reusable every 20 seconds

Upgrades:

Retreating Circle I Power Cost-5

Retreating Circle II Power Cost-5

Retreating Circle III Power Cost-10

@Shotty I can formulate my opinions if you wish, just haven't been doing it cause time and such.

Also apologies for no post yesterday, hectic things going on these next few weeks.

My Thoughts:

This card seems like it should serve a purpose, but is almost fruitless to use because of orb constraints. I do think the concept is very nice, although the execution for it is rather poor. It may have some use in PVE, but for PVP, while having three orbs, I'm sure no one would want to use this. I may be wrong, and there just happens to be a OP combo with this card, but as far as I see it, I wouldn't use it.

Especially because I got this ****ing thing so many times in boosters, I eventually grew sick of its stupid face.

Edited by Loptous

i remember doing an unintentional combo with this: using retreating circle the same moment your teammate uses nasty surprise will trigger the nasty at the original spot and save all your units from its damage. it happen when silverdragen was trolling me in sparring 2v2 (he tried to prevent my nasty using retreating circle). other than intentional trolling, it is not that usefull i guess. how often do you want to retreat in pvp t3? you want to nuke dat base...

Way inferior to Tunnel-Burrowing Ritual and Portal Nexus as the retreating location is way to "special". Even though the power costs are lower the fact that you can not choose the loaction to teleport to is a major disadvantage - unless the closest monument is (luckily) directly on your destined path it is just terrible. Even for defense you kinda have to be attacked at the closest monument to make use of it and if you didnt finish the job at the units location Portal Nexus and Tunnel is still much better.

At the very least you should be allowed to choose the monument you are retreating to - and even then its use is limited. At least you can use it then to teleport units around the map.

Creping_paralysis.jpg.d2c3b5afbed944f509

AbilityIcon Spell Entrance

After a preparation time of 5 seconds up to 5 enemies within a 20m radius will be paralyzed for 10 seconds. After the effect wears off, targets are immune against Paralyze for a while. Reusable every 20 seconds.

Upgrades:

Creeping Paralysis I Entrance* +2s duration 

Creeping Paralysis II Entrance**+3s duration

Creeping Paralysis III Entrance***+2 paralyzed target

My Thoughts:

I like this better in some regards better than curse of oink, just because you can still attack the targets and lasts almost as long. The only con I find is the cast time with this card. You have to predict where the enemies will be moving to a degree and/or use it in a very confusing fight. Whilst the Curse of Oink is an immediate spell I believe and is also not restricted to 2 Nature orbs, unlike this. Anyways, a decent card I think can sometimes get the job done.

Edited by Loptous

It takes a bit time yea, but if you compare it to oink, they wont turn back if you attack them. And if you compare it with coldsnap, coldsnap is faster yea but you deal reduced damage against them (is that right?! dont remember correctly, but i remember that frozen units are taking 50% less damage).

I think its still a good choice, but dont mind me, im a pvp noob :) 

1 hour ago, Riviute said:

It takes a bit time yea

That's really the problem here. Pure natures biggest fear is having burrowers at its own well without the cc-ability to buy time for reapirs. Creeping paralysis can't stop burrowers; because of those 3 or 4 seconds delay it's too easy to dodge for swift units. In PVE however one could argue that paralysis is the most valuable, classic cc (not talking about cards like netherwarp or T4 stuff like maelstrom here):

roots: air units won't be affected, rooted units can still attack.

coldsnap: units take 50% less damage, expensive

oink: attacked units get de-oinked

creeping paralysis: oponents can dodge the cc, but AI doesn't dodge, so there's no disadvantage

1 hour ago, SunWu II. said:

Creeping paralysis can't stop burrowers; because of those 3 or 4 seconds delay it's too easy to dodge for swift units.

The delay was even higher! 5 seconds were just to much to hit any type of unit with this cc.

3 hours ago, Chimerae said:

Isn't it good as a follow up on roots or oink for example? I forgot if you can chain CC or that it has a general cooldown combined of all CC cards. (that and I never really played nature)

You usually can't create cc chains. After using cc onto a unit it will get immunity against the same type of cc and also be less vulnerable against other types of cc (the duration will get shorter and shorter up to a point where an oink for example just lasts for 2 seconds)

Exceptions to this rule and how to create a cc chain properly:

-> Ensnaring roots is not affected by the cc protection mechanism and will always last 15 seconds (It is still affected by cc immunity so you can't root twice in a row!). It still gives hostile units the anti-cc buff though.

-> Rogan Kayle's ability is not affected by the anti-cc buff and doesn't give it to hostile units either! 

So: Oink first (lasts 15 seconds as long as you don't attack the unit over the last 12 seconds of the cc duration) -> Use Ensnaring Roots afterwards, it will apply the cc for 15 seconds -> use Rogan Kayle to reset the cc immunity -> Oink -> Root -> Kayle -> Oink -> Root -> Kayle and so on

This was heavily used in defence against Harvester. You could create an effective cc chain of 60 seconds which is alot of time to deal with that big boy! But you can't implement Creeping Paralysis into this chain, because the only way to hit it reliably is to use it after Ensnaring Roots and that would result in a heavily reduced duration.  

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic