Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

Transformation is a gimmick and considering that this is a S-unit and has very weak stats, I can't think of a reason why you would want to play this card. Ever.
You should also know that the stats of the cards do not increase with upgrading, so there is that.

Instead, the abilities improve:

U3 Red: 50% more damage for small units, 20s duration.
U3 Green: 30% more damage for Twilight units, 20s duration.

Now, that is not terrible per se but the red affinity is useless, because there are no small units worth playing in T2 for Twilight (alright, there is Ghostspears but since they are S/M counter, they make Minions even more obsolete).
And the green affinity is... nice? 30% isn't bad and buffing is something that Twilight does not have access to, but it's not like they really need it either. More than that, a lot of effort goes into this trick that only holds on for 20 seconds.

I think the unit would be more worthwhile if they required 50 power instead. You could even use them in T3 and T4 to summon Twilight units just because of the 15% discount. I used to use Twilight Brute for this role, since it costs 60 power as well but deals more damage on U3 and is M-sized. In the best case, 50 power could even make them worthwhile playing since transforming would only cost 42 energy.

But if I could rework the unit completely, I think I would completely redo the ability and turn it into something that works like "Motivate". An ability to kill a squad of minions to boost all Twilight units around it. One affinity for more damage and another affinity for life-steal (similar to Twilight Warfare). After all, they are just minions and this way they'd play much more responsive and less cumbersome.

Icefang-Raptor_fire.jpg.3c05a437a7583f16Icefang-Raptor_frost.jpg.3139bcf86327552

AbilityIcon Passive Infused Infused Reserve

Affinity: Infused
If the unit has less than 450 LP, its will then extends its frosty spikes.In this emergence stage it will then reflect 30% damage taken to attacker in close combat.

AbilityIcon Passive Blessed Blessed Reserve

Affinity: Blessed
If the unit has less than 450 LP, its will then extends its frosty plating.In this emergence stage it will then take 25% less damage.

AbilityIcon Passive Agility

Move faster when near friendly structures.
Requires upgrade I.

Upgrades:

Icefang Raptor I New ability+Agility

Icefang Raptor II Damage+65

Icefang Raptor III Damage+75

I like the red raptor a little more than the blue one, just for being an offensive quick unit. Although I find it confusing that the reserve ability is not a toggle type ability, but instead an activation upon lower health.

OKayish card for PvP, i've seen it used in fire/frost and tried it myself in pure frost. The abilities are quite nice because it makes it harder for your oponent to estimate when the unit finally dies - your oponent has to do a little math before erupting to kill it. I didn't use it (the blue affinity) for too long because it's really only useful against s-units that aren't M-counters (and still does poorly against DA spam as far as i remember). Pure frost has the slots to go with it, but in the end i switched it for nothland drake. A card wich is worse and rarely helpful, but it looks awesome.

GetMediaData?id=57b76b511f73e816c7115655

Shield of the martyrs (one of the cards I never knew existed):

Activate to create protective shields with a total strength of 400% of the current void power which are applied to friendly units. Shields last for 30 seconds and absorb 50% of all damage. Has a 60 seconds cool-down after the building was built. Reusable every 60 seconds.
Edited by Nick

Expensive t3 frost card with a "meh" effect.

Ward of the north kind of achieves the same effect but is much much better.

Having void when playing is very counterintuitive, although it could be "fairly effective" in a spell based deck, which also means you won't use the ability with many units.

cooldown is also super long

Icefang raptor... look really cool and awesome, but in PvP there won't be many S units in T2. For the few S units in T2 frost splashes have better options like lost reaver, razor shards, scythe fiends, or just MA and frostmages from T1.

The shieldbuilding thing looks lame, but would the shield stack with other shields, like the shield building spell for instance. That would make it way more powerful, but also more expansive

@Nick I am not sure if Loptous (the op of this thread) is cool with people just posting stuff. It might be better to send Loptous a pm with the card you want and he will then put it here.

Ironclad_fire.jpg.819357feeba9c40907f5cdIronclad_frost.jpg.7a37f2a484918ce352548

AbilityIcon AutoCast Snowy Bomb

Every 4 seconds, unit fires snowy bombs at enemies, that deal 544 damage ina 15m radius, up to 860 in total. Knocks back small and medium units.

AbilityIcon Activatable Infused Infused Winterfall

Power: 50
Switch into this mode in order to turn Ironclad's Frost Cannons to the ground. They will unleash pure ice that slowly freezes the surrounding ground. The ice will spread from the giant's feet until a total radius of 20m has been frozen. Up to 10 enemies within that area take 1400 damage and will then be frozen for 15 seconds. Ironclad will be immobile while freezing the ground but it additionally incites surrounding friendly units to deal 50% more damage against frozen targets. Lasts for 15 seconds. Affects ground targets only.

AbilityIcon Activatable Blessed Blessed Winterfall

Power: 50
Switch into this mode in order to turn Ironclad's Frost Cannons to the ground. They will unleash pure ice that slowly freezes the surrounding ground. The ice will spread from the giant's feet until a total radius of 20m has been frozen. Up to 10 enemies within that area take 1400 damage and will then be frozen for 15 seconds. Ironclad will be immobile while freezing the ground but gains an additional Ice Shield that absorbs up to 2000 damage. Lasts for 15 seconds. Affects ground targets only.

Upgrades:

Ironclad I Lifepoints+340

Ironclad I Winterfall*+100 damage

Ironclad II Lifepoints+680

Ironclad II Winterfall**+5s freeze duration

Ironclad III Lifepoints+750

Ironclad III Winterfall***+150 damage

I love the art design for this card, definitely one of the best!

I freakin love this guy, a cool (literally cool) design, with a badass voice (at least in german) and how much i loved the sound of the bangings of those cannons. For a distance unit he gets really tanky and hes definitely one of my absolut favorite cards in the whole game. (Main reason for me to play frost in pve)

Lava-Field.jpg.16e4a0c07c3866c73e58f3952

AbilityIcon Spell Burn!

Spreads burning liquid over the ground dealing 340 damage to enemies in a 25m radius, up to 2100 in total. Knocks back small and medium units. Affects ground units only. Reusable every 10 seconds.
Deal half damage to structure.

Upgrades:

Lava Field I Burn! 20 damage per target and 100 in total

Lava Field II Burn! 40 damage per target and 200 in total

Lava Field III Burn! 40 damage per target and 240 in total

There is not a lot to talk about the card other than the fact that it is a classic. If nature's T2 to-go spell is Curse of Oink, Lavafield is a must have for fire splashes. While the concept itself is pretty boring, it deals just the right amount of damage and feels very satisfying to use.

Personally, I love supporting my Shadow Phoenixes with Lavafield and I even like using it in T3 if the Soulshatter explosions didn't quite connect.

Fun card that gets the job done 10/10.

Really a core card for every fire splash in PvP. 440 instant damage with a huge aoe wich makes it hard to split against it in a lot of situations. Defensively it is better than shadow phoenix so i carry both in a bandits deck (i think offensively phoenix can help a lot)

Root-Nexus_nature.jpg.e0b011389fcdd2e0dbRoot-Nexus_frost.jpg.dbbcc0d2831af50e411

AbilityIcon Passive Repeater

Is able to repeat the root network and bridge the distance between two entities connected to it. Those entities may then support each other even across wide distances although the Root Nexus itself does not grant any additional support.

AbilityIcon Passive Gifted Gifted Support

Affinity: Gifted
Friendly entities connected to the root network within a 25m radius around Root Nexus will regenerate 2% of their life points every 2 seconds.

AbilityIcon Passive Blessed Blessed Support

Friendly entities connected to the root network within a 25m radius around Root Nexus will take 25% less damage.

Root decks were one of the concepts i loved about PVE. The nexuses were  especially useful to connect living towers to each other or other networkers. This made them an extremely strong T2 tower because their firefrequency increased with every connected unit or building.

Nexuses are also useful to support armies of treespirits or spikeroots. Even in a pure nature PvP deck one or two spikeroots with a nexus and maybe leftover treespirits in the back can be a viable tactic. Razorleaf was unfortunately nerfed a little to harsh and sporelauncher isn't overwhelmingly strong neither but i still loved seeing them all connected together. If my teammates on passage to darkness took a little too long i made it my hobby to spam nexuses and other rootstuff all over the map, covering the whole landscape in a peaceful, green glow. :)

1 minute ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

some people take both the affinities to really boosts their rootnetwork... I never really played a good network deck tho

Pretty much this, actually. Root decks were a very niche thing to begin with and IIRC the devs reworked root networks in a way that only one unit benefits from it, rather than all of them.
That combined with the fact that Sunreavers and Treefiends are only dead weight in a root deck pretty much killed the interest in root decks for me.

It's an interesting idea, especially if you are a nature player to begin with but unless you really go heavily into rooting, I just don't see any merit in this card. I actually have yet to see the "true power" of a root network and consider it more a nice gimmick than an actually valid strategy since it slows you down sooo much and you don't really get that much in return.

15 minutes ago, Mental Omega said:

I actually have yet to see the "true power" of a root network

I guess it's never a fast/speedrun and rarely a really strong choice for PVE (splashes do generally better) and more of a fun or convenient deck. For example not having to constantly click repair on your defensive towers because they regenerate was always a plus in my book. In PvP however it's everything but convenient. Beijingguy was probably the best with it and still only made it about partriarch rank (wich is impressive considering he played the rootstuff + werebeasts and manawing!)

Wrathgazer.jpg.4b23bb0a45456088b009724e0

AbilityIcon AutoCast Disintegrating Gaze

Disintegrates its target slowly over time. Target unit will be paralyzed during disintegration and cannot be attacked by other units. If the spell is interrupted prematurely the target will be released unharmed. May only disintegrate units.

AbilityIcon Passive Pain Link

200% of all damage done to the unit will additionally also be distributed among all friendly units within a 20m radius.

AbilityIcon Passive Resilient

Takes 30% less damage.

Upgrades:

Wrathgazer I Resilient + 20% damage reduction

Wrathgazer II Pain Link - 100% damage spread

Wrathgazer III Disintegrating Gaze - Disintegrates its target faster.

Not useful for PvP. 220 energy bound in a unit without any ways to actually pressure a structure is already a big weakness. While 4k hp are fine for the cost any deck with cc could even win a skirmish by simply canceling the disintegration shortly before finishing. Only deck where this card might actually have some use should be pure Fire. Iirc you could still disintegrate a disenchanted (green) juggernaut and buffed with lw the unit shouldnt die to wildfirespam in time.  

Artillery_fire.jpg.7cb13cdbdbc3600683a5cArtillery_shadow.jpg.522eb7adb08efe1cf33

AbilityIcon AutoCast Boom Bomb

Every 4 seconds, Artillery blows a fiery bomb at enemies that deals 784 in a 15m radius, up to 1176 in total. Knocks back small and medium units.
Affects only ground units (not mentioned in card's description)

AbilityIcon AutoCast Tainted Tainted Mine Blow

Affinity: Tainted
If surrounded by more than 4 hostile entities Artillery may additionally shoot mines every 15 seconds at the position of an enemy unit. After 10 seconds the delivered mine my be triggered by nearby enemies within a 12m radius and deal 1000 damage, up to 3000 in total. If not triggered the mine will vanish after 60 seconds.

AbilityIcon AutoCast Infused Infused Mine Blow

If surrounded by more than 4 hostile entities Artillery may additionally shoot mines every 15 seconds at the position of an enemy unit. After 3 seconds the delivered mine my be triggered by nearby enemies within a 12m radius and incinerate the ground for 10 seconds dealing 70 damage to hostile ground units per second. If not triggered the mine will vanish after 60 seconds.

AbilityIcon Passive Life Stealer

15% of the damage dealt by the unit will be added to its life points.

Upgrades:

Artillery I Boom bomb +24 damage per target, 36 in total

Artillery II Boom bomb +40 damage per target, 60 in total

Artillery III Boom bomb +48 damage per target, 72 in total

How does Artillery have life stealer? I know it's supposed to be a Bandit theme, but for this? Not only does it not make sense, but I really don't see the point...

Very nice card and quite powerful, honestly. Obviously this card is not a reason to go for a pure Bandit deck, but the bomb really leaves an impact and the mine (red) has an insane damage potential since there is no max damage.

I really liked to use the card when I got the opportunity to do so, but sadly there are not many of them. Bandits is a very pro-active action, which allows to zoom around the battlefield quite well and there are not that many missions where you can defend with T4. You normally defend until you got your T4 and can start the offensive.

Nontheless, it is very good to have it as an option and actually there are only few other T4 cards that give you so much attack for so little power. The only other cards in question that come to my mind are Worldbreaker Gun, Tortugun, Necrofury (with the Bone Shards) and the LSS.

So, while it will always be the Worldbreaker's small brother and costs a little bit too much power for my taste, I think it is a very reasonable tower and with life-steal the card really does have a slight edge.

Naturally, I am talking about U3, where the card has 5600 ATK.

Edit: Also, there is a type in the description: "mine my be triggered "

Edited by Mental Omega

19 hours ago, Loptous said:

How does Artillery have life stealer? I know it's supposed to be a Bandit theme, but for this? Not only does it not make sense, but I really don't see the point...

Life stealer does not make sense on artillery? Because it is a building it can not steal life? 

Why can units steal health in the first place? That makes no sense either, so I wouldn't be worried about it xD (Although, I understand what you mean)

Also, looks like a lot of damage, but I never was a bandit guy, so never used it.

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic