Skylords Marketplace Journal (SMJ)

@Maze I gotta be honest... When I commented "I love it!", I played around for like 5 minutes on the site. I've played around a bit more now and have to say, this whole thing is amazing.

I love the possibility to toggle on multiple choice for just one filter and how you implemented it:
image.png.6b1ebd48445529329a3a3e4caa7f7205.png

I love the possibility to set individual filters for cost and HP (damage really dosnt make sence, but that is not your fault but just how the damage number is calculated):
image.png.12363efb427befc4adf3bc703a3dbe4e.png

I love the over the top sort options:
image.thumb.png.ef5c592ff5c7a6283990b3f81636f1f0.png

Even though I'll never use it, I love the integration of upgrade drops (although I have no idea if it is accurate):
image.png.d54bc9055ff7b331678d7469396816a3.png

Well and there's that:
image.thumb.png.fbec8a8ea9ab83ee3ef94e304b6da281.png

Out of all the changes you did, the Toggle Ability Tags is the one I'm both most impressed and most dissapointed. The Show All button not only shows all abilities, but also all the reasons why Battleforge is as unintuitive as it is.
I think the collapes view (as shown above) should have the most frequent occuring options shown. What they are... I unfortunatly don't know 😅 But I guess that was your sort criteria as well and works pretty good for Passive Abilities. Not as much for Autocast Abilities, Switch Abilities and Effect. The 9th option of Autocast Abiliteis: Acherontic Jet already is at 2 sources and the 2nd option of Switch Abilities has only 2 sources which are two affinities of one card. I suggest only show abilities which are mentioned on 3 or more individual cards (exluding affinities and promos).

I think else... I have nothing to complaing about... It's funcioning great, looks amazing, is user friendly and (at least for me) very intuitive. I didn't check it out on mobile yet, but honestly it could be terrible and I'd still love it.

The most improvements to be made are not up to you, but up to devs to change Hamstering Rage into Rage and Cripeling Bite as example. Keywords are godaweful in this game and you did the best out of it.

I'll continue to follow this project with great interest and curiosity.

Kind regards,
Myno

Edited by Mynoduesp
Maze likes this
On 11/4/2020 at 8:25 PM, Maze said:

I played with the design a little bit more and added some images that I thought were fitting to the species/class/building type/spell type filter, if you think others would fit better, tell me which, once I deployed the new version.

grafik.thumb.png.1b76944f1d49da5df77d59afd8670239.png

Really like it a lot too, but the lower filter row of the image above is gone now? (Or maybe I just cant find it)

Edit: got it

Edited by LEBOVIN

@Mynoduesp thanks for your feedback! :)

10 hours ago, Mynoduesp said:

I love the possibility to set individual filters for cost and HP (damage really dosnt make sence, but that is not your fault but just how the damage number is calculated):

Yeah, but I got the data, so I thought I could just add it, at least it's possible to filter the displayed damage. xD

Even though I'll never use it, I love the integration of upgrade drops (although I have no idea if it is accurate):

They are accurate, as I fed them with data from another source that contained the official upgrade map data, that is available online.

I think the collapes view (as shown above) should have the most frequent occuring options shown. What they are... I unfortunatly don't know 😅 But I guess that was your sort criteria as well and works pretty good for Passive Abilities.

The most frequent are shown first and if there are multiple that have the same frequency it is sorted by name.

I suggest only show abilities which are mentioned on 3 or more individual cards (exluding affinities and promos).

That's a good idea and I thinks one that is easily implemented.

The most improvements to be made are not up to you, but up to devs to change Hamstering Rage into Rage and Cripeling Bite as example. Keywords are godaweful in this game and you did the best out of it.

The way I generate the datasets allows for this kind of adjustment quite easily (only one line of code for each ability that needs to be adjusted), for example  I thought of combining ones that mean/do practically the same into one tag (like you suggested in the other thread with Steadfast and Stalwart), like the abilities from "Surge of Light", "Ray of Light", "Equilibrium" and "Regrowth" under the Effect Tag of "Heal".

And also stuff like this:
grafik.thumb.png.bcffce7239936acddee4d40e5240061d.png

Which I would change into one Tag called "Bolt".

I also noticed that some ability types don't fit anymore, like the "Shadow Worm"'s "Mass Disintegration" ability, on the images it shows at an active ability, whereas ingame it seems to have been updated to a switch ability.

If you think you know ones that should be combined into one tag or find errors in the typing of the abilitis, tell me which/where and I can adjust it. ;)

Edited by Maze

I also noticed that some ability types don't fit anymore, like the "Shadow Worm"'s "Mass Disintegration" ability, on the images it shows at an active ability, whereas ingame it seems to have been updated to a switch ability.

If you think you know ones that should be combined into one tag or find errors in the typing of the abilitis, tell me which/where and I can adjust it. 

@Maze You can find a list of those I caught in the wiki aswell :) https://skylords-reborn.fandom.com/wiki/Patches (basically scroll down to the bottom as most of it happend there).

e.g:

image.png.afe08d6f5b022f6116deff3c5ae0e838.png

Edited by LEBOVIN
Maze likes this
50 minutes ago, LEBOVIN said:

@Maze You can find a list of those I caught in the wiki aswell :) https://skylords-reborn.fandom.com/wiki/Patches (basically scroll down to the bottom as most of it happend there).

e.g:

image.png.afe08d6f5b022f6116deff3c5ae0e838.png

@LEBOVIN Oh wow, thanks for the info. :)

I only updated the "Swift" ability for Colossus and Bloodhorn as well as the "Siege" ability for Skycatcher up until now, so this help is very much welcome. ^^

• 3 weeks later...
  • Maze changed the title to Skylords Marketplace Journal (SMJ)

I did some smaller changes to the site and updated the main post of this thread to better represent the features that my site currently provides.

As stated in the main post and on my site, I plan to completely overhaul the site, to allow easier implementation of features, so there might not be a lot of changes for quite some time.

Mynoduesp likes this