Skylords Marketplace Journal (SMJ)

Maze

14 minutes ago, Mynoduesp said:

@Maze Another thing I've noticed is following inconvinience. If a card somewhen had a huge spike in price the graph doesnt resize even with the abnormaly large price out of the timespam. (Example: https://smj.herokuapp.com/cards/dreadnought)

I am aware of this as well, it is an issue with the charts plugin. might potentially be fixed quite easily, but I haven't looked into it, as I plan to use a different plugin for displaying the charts in the future, but I will look into it nonetheless.

14 minutes ago, Mynoduesp said:

I'll be reporting such minor issues (like the image) whenever I come across one, Sorry for being a pain in the ass :D

Thanks and no problem, you are not being a pain in the ass. I am happy to see that my site is used and doesn't fade into oblivion. xD

fiki574 likes this

49 minutes ago, Maze said:

I am updating some stuff on the database right now (correct id for lord-cyrian, displaying prices for santa), so please wait a couple of minutes. :)

Site is working again, with said adjustments. ;)

Also I exported the full raw data for december and the size is bigger than expected with 380MB for the 13 days I stored the raw data for. For comparison, the full adjusted price data that is currently displayed on my site only takes up 17.5MB. :)

I will have to make some adjustments for january, since the database that I use has a limit of 512MB for each cluster, but I will probably just split the data and create another cluster for each month. :D

Edited by Maze
Volin likes this

On 12/31/2020 at 2:08 PM, Mynoduesp said:

@Maze Another thing I've noticed is following inconvinience. If a card somewhen had a huge spike in price the graph doesnt resize even with the abnormaly large price out of the timespam. (Example: https://smj.herokuapp.com/cards/dreadnought)

I finally got to it, but I didn't look too deep into how it adjusts automatically, so I just implemented something so you can set the max value yourself. ;)

Edit:

I will probably add the feature to pre set this max. display value with a url query, like for the card filters, later, shouldn't take long, so if you set bookmarks you dont need to set it every time.

grafik.thumb.png.d9123a1bb1a0bd6d961d3c5e0c1fdbe1.png

Edited by Maze
Mynoduesp likes this

2 hours ago, Maze said:

Edit:

I will probably add the feature to pre set this max. display value with a url query, like for the card filters, later, shouldn't take long, so if you set bookmarks you dont need to set it every time.

This is now implemented. Enjoy! :)

1 hour ago, Mynoduesp said:

This seems like a bug: Booster values 0. :D

On 12/28/2020 at 11:31 PM, Maze said:

After not working again today, I tried to fix another bug related to the data size.

I only managed to partly fix it, so for now the noteworthy prices will only be available on the specific card pages. The price infos on the Cards and Boosters page will display values of 0 for now.

Haven't thought of a good fix for this yet. One comes to mind, but that would only fix the prices for the current values not the mean values. If you think that is good enough, I will implement that... And... I just though of how I could fix it for the min and max prices on the cards page too and maybe even the mean prices, which would even solve the problem of the data size being too big to load/operate on for the future and allow for more features for the notification bot. I will try to do the neccessary adjustments tomorrow/next week. ;)

Edited by Maze
Mynoduesp likes this

The "value" of boosters would also have to consider the distribution of rarity, right? A shaman for example makes a booster much more valuable because it is just an uncommon than an equally expensive ultra rare. Or is that not the case because the uncommon pool is bigger than the ultra rare pool?

Would cards need to have to have a "weight" depending on their rarity and possibly by the pool of cards they share their rarity with? Don't know, I am not a statistician :P

Edited by Cocofang

Just now, Cocofang said:

The "value" of boosters would also have to consider the distribution of rarity, right? A shaman for example makes a booster much more valuable because it is just an uncommon than an equally expensive ultra rare. Or is that not the case because the uncommon pool is bigger than the ultra rare pool? Don't know, I am not a statistician :P

It does consider the distribution of rarity, the algorithm to calculate the average booster value from the prices isn't that complex. :)

Bad news everyone, my scipt somehow stopped again, without even sending an error message and the data for the last 13 hours was lost as I only realized it just now... Sorry about that.

What Maze, you invest hours upon hours of your valuable free time here, and now for once something doesn't work - you really should be a little ashamed of yourself. :P

Joking aside: I love your project more and more, hope you can figure out the problem quickly. (Quick in terms of said free time, not in terms of availability). :D

Thumbs are pressed

Maze likes this

10 minutes ago, Volin said:

Joking aside: I love your project more and more, hope you can figure out the problem quickly. (Quick in terms of said free time, not in terms of availability). :D

Thumbs are pressed

Thanks, I think this issue was caused by the device that currently runs the script that writes the raw API data to my database as well as the notification bot (which didn't stop working). I am currently looking into different options to run the scripts on either a raspberry pi, cloud server or the server of someone I know, but I will have to make some adjustments first. :)

25 minutes ago, Maze said:

Thanks, I think this issue was caused by Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

Thats how it reads for me :D

Before anyone wants to translate, its a non-sense placeholder

Edited by Volin
Mynoduesp and Maze like this

9 hours ago, Maze said:

I think this issue was caused by the device that currently runs the script that writes the raw API data to my database as well as the notification bot

It is definitely the device... for some reason it stops running the scripts without technically stopping them, if another application was focused...

Well, I guess that's the price you pay when using a cheap old tablet/notebook that isn't really good for anything and that I had lying around... :lol:

I will try to switch to something reliable as soon as I can...

4 minutes ago, Volin said:

Hey Maze, atm we see only a grey screen after selecting a card. Not sure if you are aware already

Thanks for pointing that out, I was working on something and selected a different price database, but forgot to select the correct one again before deploying the changes. Should be fixed now.

Volin likes this

On 1/2/2021 at 6:40 PM, Maze said:

Haven't thought of a good fix for this yet. One comes to mind, but that would only fix the prices for the current values not the mean values. If you think that is good enough, I will implement that... And... I just though of how I could fix it for the min and max prices on the cards page too and maybe even the mean prices, which would even solve the problem of the data size being too big to load/operate on for the future and allow for more features for the notification bot. I will try to do the neccessary adjustments tomorrow/next week. ;)

I implemented some changes and the boosters page now displays the current average value again, but the data comes from a temporary dataset, that I implmented for the bot, so if there is a card that is currently not available on the auction house, a value of 0 is used to calculate the booster prices. Prices on the cards page as well as the mean prices of the boosters will be implemented another time.

Other than that I created a new page on the site, where you can see potential sales, that have a bid price of at least 10 BFP less than the current lowest buyout price. (In the future, I plan to implement that you are able to set the difference yourself.)

Also, the table on the specific card pages now don't show all historic prices, but all current buyout prices. (design is kind of wacky, since I feed the table with new prices, but didn't change the number of columns yet...)

Apart from that I also changed my scrips a little, which hopefully won't cause any unforseen issues.

Edit:

I am aware that the pages take longer to load, but this is not due to the changes, as the site took longer to load, even before I implemented them. I am not sure why, but it is probably because of the data sizes... again. I will have a look at it, when I find the time.

Edited by Maze
Mynoduesp likes this

Hey Maze,

I have a feature recommendation for the display page of individual cards. It would be nice to have the option to display a straight horizontal line in the previous prices graph at a variable height.
Why that? Because that way you can more easily compare the value of the card to the value of a booster. This can be used to check, whether your most recent booster payed off with the cards you got in it.
Example: I pull a Deepcoil Worm from a booster (because green Worm is best Worm) and want to know, if its value is above or below the price of a booster of a certain type. Then I can go to https://smj.herokuapp.com/cards/deepcoil-worm and display a horizontal line at the price I bought the booster from (e.g. 350 for a normal booster without discount). This will make it easier to see, whether the card is above, below or oszillating around that line.

This is only a small quality of live feature, but probably also not too much effort. Instead of having a variable height of the line, you could also just add a checkbox, which toggles a line at a fixed value (e.g. 350 and after booster price went up 450) on or off.

Thanks for reading and for providing such an awesome tool!

Maze likes this

6 hours ago, Metagross31 said:

Hey Maze,

I have a feature recommendation for the display page of individual cards. It would be nice to have the option to display a straight horizontal line in the previous prices graph at a variable height.
Why that? Because that way you can more easily compare the value of the card to the value of a booster. This can be used to check, whether your most recent booster payed off with the cards you got in it.
Example: I pull a Deepcoil Worm from a booster (because green Worm is best Worm) and want to know, if its value is above or below the price of a booster of a certain type. Then I can go to https://smj.herokuapp.com/cards/deepcoil-worm and display a horizontal line at the price I bought the booster from (e.g. 350 for a normal booster without discount). This will make it easier to see, whether the card is above, below or oszillating around that line.

This is only a small quality of live feature, but probably also not too much effort. Instead of having a variable height of the line, you could also just add a checkbox, which toggles a line at a fixed value (e.g. 350 and after booster price went up 450) on or off.

Thanks for reading and for providing such an awesome tool!

You mean like this? I was planning on implementing lines for the median and mean values of the cards, once I've completed the overhaul.

But your idea is also not bad, but quite useless when displaying it for cards with a value of 3 BFP. So, how do you want it to work? Like the max diplay value, so you can set it yourself?

grafik.thumb.png.c696a14bdd4cfcb310c4c9b568b5bf9c.png

Metagross31 likes this

3 hours ago, Maze said:

But your idea is also not bad, but quite useless when displaying it for cards with a value of 3 BFP. So, how do you want it to work? Like the max diplay value, so you can set it yourself?

Either like that, or just have a checkbox with a label "Display Booster price" or something, which you can (un-)check.