Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting May Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
WatcherOfSky

(Suggestion) Detailed HP Bars

Posted (edited)

So I was playing some pvp, and I came across a couple of Avatar of Frosts. They get that shield and stuff, and I found it a little hard to determine how much damage was needed to get rid of it completely before it would refresh, so I could determine when the best time to go all in was. But there are no numbers on the shield (other than written in his ability set), which can be a little hard to get accustomed to when I haven't seen one in forever.

I've been playing League of Legends for about 8 years, so I've grown accustomed to the way they've set up their health bars.

1306773582_leaguehpbars.png.9c0855d551eb42ec3d034985501557a9.png

It occured to me that we might be able to implement a similar system for our HP bars and shields for units and buildings in out game, so that we can determine how much is left much more accurately and quickly. I know this can be fixed with a lot of experience, but I'd think this would help the newer players more too. My suggestion would be to add a half line for every 100 points of health/shield and a full line for every 1000; just like in LoL. I definately think it could help all kinds of play if it could be implemented at all. (It could also help with damage spells to better determine when to use them) 

What do you guys think?

Edit 1: just realized S units might need something a little different, I don't know.

Edited by WatcherOfSky
BurningWorld and Loriens like this

Posted (edited)
On 3/24/2019 at 10:32 PM, WatcherOfSky said:

So I was playing some pvp, and I came across a couple of Avatar of Frosts. They get that shield and stuff, and I found it a little hard to determine how much damage was needed to get rid of it completely before it would refresh, so I could determine when the best time to go all in was. But there are no numbers on the shield (other than written in his ability set), which can be a little hard to get accustomed to when I haven't seen one in forever.

I've been playing League of Legends for about 8 years, so I've grown accustomed to the way they've set up their health bars.

1306773582_leaguehpbars.png.9c0855d551eb42ec3d034985501557a9.png

It occured to me that we might be able to implement a similar system for our HP bars and shields for units and buildings in out game, so that we can determine how much is left much more accurately and quickly. I know this can be fixed with a lot of experience, but I'd think this would help the newer players more too. My suggestion would be to add a half line for every 100 points of health/shield and a full line for every 1000; just like in LoL. I definately think it could help all kinds of play if it could be implemented at all. (It could also help with damage spells to better determine when to use them) 

What do you guys think?

Edit 1: just realized S units might need something a little different, I don't know.

I wish I could downvote for that League of Legends Picture, here take my upvote instead! :( 

Edit 1: I just saw your edit 1 and had an idea, what about single health bars just like for minions / creeps (dota ftw) and when you zoom out enough the combine to 1 larger health bar, like a single unit.. I just realized this idea is dumb, coz all small units get the same damage :facepalm: 

Edited by BurningWorld