Jump to content

Coming back and need help with deckbuilding Shadow/Nature (mainly for rPVE)


Recommended Posts

Hey folks, 

last time i ve played this game was in open-beta. Shadow-Nature was always my favorite combo, but i cant remember my deck anymore. I have to start over anyway, since the wipe already happened. 

Do you guys have any recommendations? After all those patches im feeling like im "out of time" :D Im looking for a good allround shadow/nature deck, but i ll playing rPVE 9-10 mostly.

i want to start T1 as shadow. As far as i remember i started with this teleport tower, forsaken, motivate and this soul gathering tower. Is it still viable? Which cards are autoincludes? My t4 units were mainly Lost Ships. What has changed here? 

Im really open for any tips. Mainly about the most important autoinclude cards for shadow/nature.

Ty in advance and have a nice day!  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there! Im no expert on rPvE, so I'll leave that for other players to comment on.

If you love shadow nature, you might want to look into the new card Amii Palladin, and doing cool stuff with Aura of Corruption though 😄 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Forsaken/Nox Trooper with Soul Splicer (Nature) and Motivate is still the go to start for most players starting with Shadow, so nothing has changed here in that regard. Phase Tower got a bit out of flavour due to a nerf it received for PvP. But I still see it, albeit rarely. There are new cards that may be interesting for you, namely Amii Paladins as Majora mentioned or Transcendence, which is a T4 spell card that debuffs a target of your own but buffs all surrounding ones substantially or you can heavily buff one enemy target but weaken all surrounding ones in the process.
As for units, T2 the general culprits are Shadow Phoenix, Harvester or Burrower, T3 you may opt for Ashbone Pyros, Swamp Drakes or Deepcoil Worm or any neutral XL unit if needed.
Void Return with Furnace of Flesh and Cultist Master is the usual way and Resource Booster.

Do you plan to stick with Lost Spirit Ships in T4? If not, Death Ray with the new Transcendence is a great strat. There were several changes to Shadow T4 ground units. You can obviously go Overlord as the staple Shadow T4 unit, try the reworked Necrofury or improved Void Maws.

Depending on your T2 strat and further plans, Surge of Light, Curse of Oink, Equilibrium/Regrowth are pretty much the standard spells to take. Offering with Rifle Cultists, too.
Frenetic Assault is a popular CC spell and if you go 3 Shadow, the reworked Plague is high recommended. Befallen's Curse got changed slightly, so it too is a consideration along with Soul Shatter. If you want to trade your organs, may take Infect as well.

If you stick with Lost Spirit Ship, Maelstrom, Coldsnap and Lost Horror may be good additions.

Here's an example of a Shadow/Nature deck. I'd say build a deck, maybe share it and I think everyone can give you some advice on how to continue.

 

 

shadownaturerpvedeck.jpg.d9ecf836728c088031bdc3b5962309ca.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ty for all the replies. I already moved forward today with my deck.

I'm really undecided about the T4-unit of my choice (Shadow/Nature will stay as my main deck focus):

- With q blue orb i can get LSS but they feel much weaker as i remember (got they nerfed?)

- 3 shadow orbs death ray: sooooo slow till U3 but even then, are they THAT good? And they need really micromanagement

- grim bahir: Really love that card visually but am i crippling myself because that card is much weaker as the other options?

- 1 Red orb: bloodhorn. Would be a ground unit but its really strong. And with SoW id not need the FoF combo wich needs more micromanagement and get me one more card slot.

Are they other options i dont think about atm?

With the other options id take grimvine or overlord as t4 ground unit, but i really like grimvime since its a good meatshild and its cheaper.

Edited by Marvvster
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Marvvster said:

- 3 shadow orbs death ray: sooooo slow till U3 but even then, are they THAT good? And they need really micromanagement

They have incredible damage output but if you rely on them, Incredible Mo is important to prevent them from being disabled when facing Lost Dragons.

However, to fully utilize them you need lots of healing to sustain their Leech Guns. Healing Gardens and generic nature sustain takes care of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Marvvster said:

Ty for all the replies. I already moved forward today with my deck.

I'm really undecided about the T4-unit of my choice (Shadow/Nature will stay as my main deck focus):

- With q blue orb i can get LSS but they feel much weaker as i remember (got they nerfed?)

- 3 shadow orbs death ray: sooooo slow till U3 but even then, are they THAT good? And they need really micromanagement

- grim bahir: Really love that card visually but am i crippling myself because that card is much weaker as the other options?

- 1 Red orb: bloodhorn. Would be a ground unit but its really strong. And with SoW id not need the FoF combo wich needs more micromanagement and get me one more card slot.

Are they other options i dont think about atm?

With the other options id take grimvine or overlord as t4 ground unit, but i really like grimvime since its a good meatshild and its cheaper.

Any mentioned T4 are viable imo.

LSS weren't touched since OB as far as I know. At times they where a bit overrated in memories to old wheel stack "strategies". Still not a bad unit, if you stack some and support they are pretty decent.

Bloodhorn are one of the strongest T4 around - never a bad choice.

Stacked Death Rays are the strongest damage dealers shadow has, even without their ability. If you support and micro the Leech Guns they get insane strong.

A single Grim Bahir isn't that strong, but they are quite cheap and it is easy in such a deck to stack a bunch of them quite fast. Double Shadow (Boosters) plus the Breeding Ground support this perfectly and mass Bahirs aren't that bad. Support those further with (energywise) cheap Grimvine or Overlords and you have a pretty decent and big army in no time. The crawlers spawned by the Bahirs got buffed a bit and should not be underestimated. They deal nice extra dmg, can be used for Offering and make this option most tanky.

Alone the above options are 4 different decks to me. Though build on the same core they may give all a quite unique playing experience and are all worth to be build.

Other options you ask: Always! If you just change a few cards or one orb of this core deck you will find many other t4 options.

In 2 Shadow/2 Green for example Primeval Watcher spam is a funny and viable option.

Void Maw aswell as Necrofury can be options, both got buffs and are nice units these days.

When one of the Green Orbs can be also Frost or Fire you got many options: Emberstike spam, Banzai Lords, Comstructs and Gemeys are the most obvious.

All of the mentioned can make a lovley deck and all are worth to make a deck to me.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Volin said:

Any mentioned T4 are viable imo.

LSS weren't touched since OB as far as I know. At times they where a bit overrated in memories to old wheel stack "strategies". Still not a bad unit, if you stack some and support they are pretty decent.

Bloodhorn are one of the strongest T4 around - never a bad choice.

Stacked Death Rays are the strongest damage dealers shadow has, even without their ability. If you support and micro the Leech Guns they get insane strong.

A single Grim Bahir isn't that strong, but they are quite cheap and it is easy in such a deck to stack a bunch of them quite fast. Double Shadow (Boosters) plus the Breeding Ground support this perfectly and mass Bahirs aren't that bad. Support those further with (energywise) cheap Grimvine or Overlords and you have a pretty decent and big army in no time. The crawlers spawned by the Bahirs got buffed a bit and should not be underestimated. They deal nice extra dmg, can be used for Offering and make this option most tanky.

Alone the above options are 4 different decks to me. Though build on the same core they may give all a quite unique playing experience and are all worth to be build.

Other options you ask: Always! If you just change a few cards or one orb of this core deck you will find many other t4 options.

In 2 Shadow/2 Green for example Primeval Watcher spam is a funny and viable option.

Void Maw aswell as Necrofury can be options, both got buffs and are nice units these days.

When one of the Green Orbs can be also Frost or Fire you got many options: Emberstike spam, Banzai Lords, Comstructs and Gemeys are the most obvious.

All of the mentioned can make a lovley deck and all are worth to make a deck to me.

 

Ye i like the idea of necrofury as a huge bombardement squad, but they seem to slow for rpve 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use