Official 2p rPvE Contest#2 The Bandit alliance - Difficulty 9 - Event Finished!

54 minutes ago, Ragenarok said:

But you don't spawn those units either, right?
The Grim Bahir does?

If I understood the rules right, it doesn't matter how a unit is spawned - through a spell, an effect like Grim Bahir applies.... the only thing that counts is that you gain no ground presence.

Minashigo Hiko likes this

4 hours ago, Ragenarok said:

But you don't spawn those units either, right?
The Grim Bahir does?

This is covered in the FAQ:

• Am I allowed to spawn or create units via a spell or ability?
As long as these units don't give ground presence, yes.
The only source of ground presence in your game should be the one unit you have chosen (per player).

Minashigo Hiko likes this

14 minutes ago, Ragenarok said:

How do you review your own replays?
I've got a few saves, but Don't know how to view them to make sure I submit the correct one.

The way they get named automatically doesn't make it easier to find the replay I want to submit

you can view them ingame --> be in the Forge  --> Book icon on the top -->Profile --> Replay icon on the right side --> names will be as they are named in the replay folder but you can see the finish times of the replay selected, so as long as you know what your replay time is you should be fine. The replays are ordered based on recency, so if you know a date you can skip quite a few as well.
Also you can change the names of replays outside the game by changing the name in the following folder:  C:\User\Battleforge\replays

Edited by Treim

Even though the event isn't over yet - I'd like to bring my first point of feedback already.
I feel like the event runtime is way too long. Imo 3 weeks+ just feels like it is stretching on forever. Especially considering the ruleset is relatively simple and straightforward. For events like the Guns of Lyr one where the ruleset was way more expansive I can understand a longer event runtime, even then 3 weeks might be a tad too long.

Personally I would prefer a event runtime of 10-14 days for the "simple" competitions and maybe a couple days extra for something thats more complex.

Edited by Treim
Majora, Metagross31 and Kapo like this

23 hours ago, Treim said:

Even though the event isn't over yet - I'd like to bring my first point of feedback already.
I feel like the event runtime is way too long. Imo 3 weeks+ just feels like it is stretching on forever. Especially considering the ruleset is relatively simple and straightforward. For events like the Guns of Lyr one where the ruleset was way more expansive I can understand a longer event runtime, even then 3 weeks might be a tad too long.

Personally I would prefer a event runtime of 10-14 days for the "simple" competitions and maybe a couple days extra for something thats more complex.

100% agree.

An event with a singel runtime of 15 minutes on average shoud not be held longer than 7 (max 10) days.

Events with runtimes over 30 minutes and especially 3+ players can be held over a longer period like 14 days. Go give ppl the chance for optimisation, team coordination and team organisation.

Only if the whole purpose of the event is multiplayer optimisation (rPvE MotM is such an event), then it could be run for a full month (without patches during uptime). But these events can easily be run in parallel.

Since there was also a race for fastest 2p 9s alltime on the same map last month, I can't wait to find out what the standings are for the contest.

Will this only be announced in the stream or is there already a publication of the rankings for the contest?

4 hours ago, Damo said:

Since there was also a race for fastest 2p 9s alltime on the same map last month, I can't wait to find out what the standings are for the contest.

Will this only be announced in the stream or is there already a publication of the rankings for the contest?

Hey Damo,

A total ranking will be published on stream and after that also here in the forum.

On 1/28/2022 at 2:43 PM, Treim said:

On 1/29/2022 at 2:33 PM, Mynoduesp said:

100% agree.

An event with a singel runtime of 15 minutes on average shoud not be held longer than 7 (max 10) days.

Events with runtimes over 30 minutes and especially 3+ players can be held over a longer period like 14 days. Go give ppl the chance for optimisation, team coordination and team organisation.

Only if the whole purpose of the event is multiplayer optimisation (rPvE MotM is such an event), then it could be run for a full month (without patches during uptime). But these events can easily be run in parallel.

First of all, thank you two for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

I agree, that a duration over 14 days can be too long for events.
We are still trying to adjust the event durations and this time we went for the full rpve rotation to give the possibility to optimise.
What we also shouldn't forget, is that many participants that aren't in the top 10 haven't enough time to always catch the current running events and therefore might miss events.

In Conclusion:

We will adjust the run time of events in the future and will try to find the sweet spot.
Please keep giving us feedback, so we can improve our events!

In the meantime:

Thank you all for participating to this event, a stream date will soon be announced!

Kapo and Metagross31 like this

• Majora unfeatured, featured and unpinned this topic

Hey,

First of all, I would like to thank you once again for participating, we got a huge amount of participants this time!

The Stream will be scheduled to the 12th of February, this is a Saturday.
Please keep in mind, that we have a lot of participants this time and I do need some time to evaluate everything and collect watchable data for the Stream!
Rewards will be distributed on Tuesday after the stream.

We also received a donation of a Harvester (so I added another one), that I would like to distribute among the places below the
top 20, this will be completely randomised and drawn on stream!
image.png

FYI: The Participation award got extended to the 20th place.

Here is some data I collected for this Event:

Spoiler

How many people didn't manage to name their file correctly:

Spoiler

What is the average time:

Spoiler

17:38,2

How many people did participate:

Spoiler

how many players participated more than once:

Spoiler

What was the Most used card:

Spoiler

Surge of Light (403 Times)

What was the Most used card per replay:

Spoiler

Regrowth (39 Times)

Promos Used:

Spoiler

Swamp Drake(3), Fallen Skyelf(8), Ravenheart(1), Harvester(1)

What was the rarest used card:

Spoiler
  • Cluster Explosion R
  • Decomposer
  • Dreadcharger
  • Dryad B
  • Fire Sphere
  • Forest Elder P
  • Harvester
  • Healing Well
  • Lord Cyrian
  • Lost Warlord B
  • Mind Control
  • Mortar Tower
  • Necroblaster G
  • Pyromaniac B
  • Root Nexus G
  • Shrine of Memory
  • Stranglehold
  • Termite Hill
  • Tower of Flames
  • Twilight Warfare P
    (All of them where only used once)

What was the rarest used card per replay:

Spoiler
  • Altar of Chaos
  • Cluster Explosion R
  • Crystal Fiend, Deathglider
  • Deathray, Decomposer
  • Defense Tower, Dreadcharger
  • Dryad, Fire Sphere
  • Forest Elder P
  • Harvester
  • Healing Well
  • Home Soil
  • Infernal Chain
  • Juice Tank
  • Living Tower
  • Lord Cyrian
  • Lost Dragon G
  • Lost Warlord B
  • Mind Control
  • Mortar Tower
  • Necroblaster G
  • Nox Trooper
  • Primal Defender
  • Pyromaniac B
  • QueekQueek,
  • Root Nexus G
  • Shrine of Memory
  • Stranglehold
  • Termite Hill
  • Tower of Flames
  • Twilight Bombard
  • Twilight Curse R
  • Twilight Warfare P
  • Twilight Warfare R
  • War Eagle
  • Ward of the North
  • Wildfire
  • Windhunter G 
    (All of them where only used once)

Feel free to leave any feedback and have fun with the currently running event!

Metagross31, Volin, Hirooo and 3 others like this

• Minashigo Hiko changed the title to Official 2p rPvE Contest#2 The Bandit alliance - Difficulty 9 - STREAM On 12.02.2022 13:00 UTC+1
  • Minashigo Hiko changed the title to Official 2p rPvE Contest#2 The Bandit alliance - Difficulty 9 - Event Finished!