Skylords Open #1 03.01.2021

Toggy

19 minutes ago, xs0ulLess said:

'' s0ul '' was taken, I am SkylordS0ul on Challong

hf gl gg

Your account name in challonge does not matter. You still can use the feature explained in the rules to take part in the tournament with ANY name (and can change your name once you have registered for the tournament).

Challonge=>Register=>Sign in with alternate name=>Change your name to your Skylords ingame name.

I already changed your name to s0ul, if that is not your ingame name just change it again.

Greetings,

DasToggy

Edited by Toggy

17 minutes ago, Bkingn said:

Are we sure playing Best of 3 with 100 participants? This will be a lot of time xd why not Bo1 then with fewer players we play the Bo3 and Bo5 or am i wrong and missunderstood something?

Toggy may consider change, but right now he said he predicts the tournament to last ~6 hours.

Perhaps it could be Bo1 in first three rounds, and after half of players are gone, then it could be Bo3.

But yes, you did understand correctly.

Also rule: "disconnection during game is automatic lose" give us real mathematical probability, that all top players will be out of tournament ^^

Edited by Dallarian
Bkingn likes this

1 hour ago, Bkingn said:

Are we sure playing Best of 3 with 100 participants? This will be a lot of time xd why not Bo1 then with fewer players we play the Bo3 and Bo5 or am i wrong and missunderstood something?

Format Update: Since an overwhelming number of participants entered the tournament (you rock) the format will be best of one (one match) in round 1-5 and then return to the regular best of 3 (2-3matches) in the winner bracket. The lower bracket will be played best of one round 1-7.

If you are unsure about the rules, maps played or how to change your name in Challonge contact me or a mod. The stream will go online 30min before the tournament starts going over format and rules again. See you guys later.

Greetings,

DasToggy

Bkingn and Pritstift like this

On 1/2/2021 at 11:15 AM, Toggy said:

Your account name in challonge does not matter. You still can use the feature explained in the rules to take part in the tournament with ANY name (and can change your name once you have registered for the tournament).

Challonge=>Register=>Sign in with alternate name=>Change your name to your Skylords ingame name.

I already changed your name to s0ul, if that is not your ingame name just change it again.

Greetings,

DasToggy

@DieToPlay

After a long day strife and warfare a champion emerges victorious from the battle.

Congratulations to RadicalX for winning the Skylords Open#1!

1st - RadicalX, 2000 BFP

2nd - Draken, 1200 BFP

3rd - xHightech, 800 BFP

4th - TopS3cret, 500 BFP

Thank you all for the support and stay tuned for more tournaments in the future.

EDIT: The Booster packs will be distributed next week as soon as possible.

Greetings,

DasToggy

Edited by Toggy

@gemeiner Lauch That's a question to Eirias, RadicalX, Ultrakool, Toggy, or actually any person that would be interested in making such content, it could be even you.

For sure it is time consuming ^^

I used to make short ~30-90 seconds long videos that do not need any editing, but still uploading it in high quality was a pain. Therefore, a great respect for those who already make Youtube videos.

There's possibility to ask top players for their replays and then cast them.

gemeiner Lauch likes this

Thanks for organising such a great tournament!

With such a massive amount of players this felt amazing. Glad to see so many players wanting to play competitively. 

Perhaps in order to continue with such a large amount of players we can divide the tourney in two sections: the open and the newbie friendly. In the open everyone can participate and in the newbie friendly we can match players of similar strength to each other. This way we can cover both the high level PvP and the promising PvP starters even later in the tourney. 

gemeiner Lauch likes this

On 1/6/2021 at 12:11 PM, Toggy said:

Hey guys,

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback, a new tournament will be announced soon.

The Boosterpacks for the tournaments should be added to the account by now.

Note that only people who actually participated got a booster.

Greetings,

Toggy

I participated (lost the first match, when afk for the second) and didnt recive any booster

ingame name is damata

Edited by Anzu
missing info

• 2 weeks later...

@DireDRAGON Yes, I even dropped something cool and Lost Spirit Ship from Tournament booster.

Consider asking on Technical Support on Official Discord for better visibility - GMs can track such data and confirm whether you received or not a booster.

#Report a player "This player needs help with finding his booster"
If I get evil ideas, am I evil? #Forum Abuse #Ban

Edited by Dallarian

3 minutes ago, jaco tredoux said:

Is this tournament still running 

No it started and finished at the 03.01.21.

On 1/6/2021 at 1:11 PM, Toggy said:

The Boosterpacks for the tournaments should be added to the account by now.

Note that only people who actually participated got a booster.

If you played both the upper and lower backet and did not get a boosterpack contact me via discord.

Greetings,

Toggy