Jump to content

Wanted: Skylords Reborn Company Manager


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Paulson79 said:

At least I have none, I guess they are no longer interested to find someone, perhaps they found different solution...

or this project is dead

the project is not dead and afaik they are still searching someone. @InsaneHawk wants to make a new informational video/stream soon so there might be news about this as well.: :)

keep the :hype: up ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Treim said:

the project is not dead and afaik they are still searching someone. @InsaneHawk wants to make a new informational video/stream soon so there might be news about this as well.: :)

keep the :hype: up ;)

He's wondering because he "applied" for the position of community manager and he didn't get an answer

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

He's wondering because he "applied" for the position of community manager and he didn't get an answer

uuh alright. I didnt know that one :P. Still maybe Hawk is saying about this topic ^^

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paulson79 said:

At least I have none, I guess they are no longer interested to find someone, perhaps they found different solution...

or this project is dead

this project isn't dead, idk where they are with a company manager, but development wise they just are at the most difficult part: entering the maps. As soon as the Devs figure that out though it should start going a lot smoother again. just be patient and keep up the hype :D :hypetrain: :hype: :hype:

Link to post
Share on other sites

its not about hype

I was asked for contact via skype and after few attempts... 0 feedback

You can imagine, that it doesnt feel right... So if they concider my offer, it would be good to at least recieve a message: we are busy right now, we will contact you soon

But so far I have no message in my box, so that's, what makes me doubt

Besides this project with non-profit company will require some adjustments from me and my fiance... and these adjustments cant be done just in one day

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paulson79 said:

its not about hype

I was asked for contact via skype and after few attempts... 0 feedback

You can imagine, that it doesnt feel right... So if they concider my offer, it would be good to at least recieve a message: we are busy right now, we will contact you soon

But so far I have no message in my box, so that's, what makes me doubt

Besides this project with non-profit company will require some adjustments from me and my fiance... and these adjustments cant be done just in one day

Hello Paulson,
I remember that you added me on skype few days after my messages, I was currently really busy, that's why you didn't get any answers, that's mostly the case for everyone, even on my projects beside this one.
I'll try to catch you as soon as possible on skype, so we'll be able to talk about that !

Sorry for the late response.

InsaneHawk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 17.05.2016 at 10:24 PM, InsaneHawk said:

Waiting since 1 May any answer from him, I can't blame him since I was really busy to answer him previously. :)

Uhm, sorry but I have no message from You guys, not on skype nor here...
so does it means that we can start talking and find a way to co-op?

 

Update: my Skype went rogue and I didnt see the notification about a message, responded already

Edited by Paulson79
update
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20.05.2016. at 3:17 PM, Paulson79 said:

Uhm, sorry but I have no message from You guys, not on skype nor here...
so does it means that we can start talking and find a way to co-op?

 

Update: my Skype went rogue and I didnt see the notification about a message, responded already

i hope you work smth out with them... I realy want to play this game again i miss it alot

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

This might be a suggestion u guys already heard a thousand times, but what about finding a (nice) guy at blizzard EA, some community manager or ex-battleforge employee who still works at ea and just hit him up at twitter or fb or smth like that and explain what you guys want to do here. maybe he can get this to his bosses and they actually approve and give u green light (in writing). maybe they'd say u have to pay x amount, but that could be achieved through donations maybe. or maybe I'm just day dreaming here and EA is a company which doesn't even want to "sell" a dead game, with which they dont earn any money anymore - just to keep the possibility to maybe release a game in 50 years with Battleforge stuff.
 

this may sound wise-assy, but: isn't it better to talk with an EA guy before making the game etc.? if they just file a complaint and the server gets taken down as soon as it hits closed beta or maybe official release, all the work would've been for nothing. sorry for sounding like an ass, but I just want this project to succeed, like all of us - and the devs the most, I imagine :)

also I work for a tax advisor and I know a quite a few things about german tax law and accounting and stuff. I dont know if germany is the best place to set smth like this up though.

 

Edit: I just found this project by accident and this is my first post. Again, I apologize if I overstepped or just repeated the same suggestion u guys already got 1000 times.

Edited by Invisible
apology
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Invisible said:

This might be a suggestion u guys already heard a thousand times, but what about finding a (nice) guy at blizzard EA, some community manager or ex-battleforge employee who still works at ea and just hit him up at twitter or fb or smth like that and explain what you guys want to do here. maybe he can get this to his bosses and they actually approve and give u green light (in writing). maybe they'd say u have to pay x amount, but that could be achieved through donations maybe. or maybe I'm just day dreaming here and EA is a company which doesn't even want to "sell" a dead game, with which they dont earn any money anymore - just to keep the possibility to maybe release a game in 50 years with Battleforge stuff.
 

this may sound wise-assy, but: isn't it better to talk with an EA guy before making the game etc.? if they just file a complaint and the server gets taken down as soon as it hits closed beta or maybe official release, all the work would've been for nothing. sorry for sounding like an ass, but I just want this project to succeed, like all of us - and the devs the most, I imagine :)

also I work for a tax advisor and I know a quite a few things about german tax law and accounting and stuff. I dont know if germany is the best place to set smth like this up though.

 

Edit: I just found this project by accident and this is my first post. Again, I apologize if I overstepped or just repeated the same suggestion u guys already got 1000 times.

Several of the EA staff are aware of this project. For instance, @TheBlackOne is registered, as is @Ragox. Also, the then-president of Phenomic is aware of this game, and wishes us to succeed so his son can play see below around 13 minutes (I think?) and 16:42. As far as I know, as long as we aren't making money and aren't taking from EA's profit, we're fine, legally.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for ur answer and ur sources/links. I'll check them out later, but that's good to hear, I really hope this will succeed.

I think it's too easy to say "legally fine", cause yes, it might be, but EA still could just don't give a f*** about that and just sue and make it a long lawsuit at court - which no one could afford really (besides big companies like EA). But whatever, not trying to be the partypooper here. When BFR is ready it will sure be awesome as fk :hype:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i have a friend that has allot of knowlegde in for games and evenly manager, him and i have worked on allot of diffrence apps in appstore and such like the app called ''Unicorn Jungle'' but i could ask him if he is interrestedm cus him and i have played allot of BF in the past b4 it shutted down saddly. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, VeriiMoney said:

Well i have a friend that has allot of knowlegde in for games and evenly manager, him and i have worked on allot of diffrence apps in appstore and such like the app called ''Unicorn Jungle'' but i could ask him if he is interrestedm cus him and i have played allot of BF in the past b4 it shutted down saddly. :)

Sounds great dude! Hopefully he has time tho :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a lot of internal discussion going on about the company manager and whether we have found one or can agree to a plan of action for the project's future in general. Feel free to keep offering help, though. We're keeping an eye on this. Just letting you skylords know that we're still working on this and progress is going on behind the scenes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • Zyna locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use