Opening Tournament

bobfrog

I'm in for 1v1 and 2v2.

Just to clarify, we can't use tome cards? And I suppose no upgrades at all? Not even like a U1 surge of light?

Also what time will the tournament be? Times that are convenient for the majority of BF are rarely convenient for me.

No tomes, just the starter cards, but these in any combination. 

There does not have to be an exact time. it takes multiple rounds anyway. So i guess "xxx fight against yyy within 2 days and hand in the replay" would be good.

I would say upgrades of cards are ok. Your opinion?

Opening Tournament

Hello guys,

I think it would be nice to have a tournament right after the start of BFR so we can all play the first games together.

The basic rule would be: only use the starter cards from the starter decks (well we wont have any other cards at that time)

When will it be? Right after the official start of BFR, when no bugs disturb the tournament.

Categories:

PvP: 1v1, 2v2

PvE: fastest Map of the Month at highest possible level (4 players), fastest finish of the tutorial map

PvE is open for anyone, PvP needs registration for organisation reasons.

Replays must be saved.

Price: Its too early to say something about it. Maybe the devs can sponsor some BFP?

I have never organised a tournament, but as long as I have the time when BFR comes out, I will give my best to have an awesome tournament!

PvP registration:

1v1

bobfrog

LetsEinfallslos002

Fritzrich

anonyme0273

XxHARVESTERxX

2v2

bobfrog

WatDeFack

LetsEinfallslos002

Fritzrich

XxHARVESTERxX

Hey Bob i would like to register :D

i would join this sounds like fun

I think that sounds like a great idea.....I would be willing do something like that. Look forward to seeing everyone in the Forge!!!

1v1? 2v2?

added everyone else.

signing in for 1v1 and 2v2 (with Silverdragen)

i can not promise, that you will be teamed with silverdragon. we have to decide if we want to make it random, i assign 1 good with 1 not so good or let everyone choose their teammate

i can not promise, that you will be teamed with silverdragon. we have to decide if we want to make it random, i assign 1 good with 1 not so good or let everyone choose their teammate

Imho randomizing the teams wouldn't balance anything at all, because there is still the same amount of veterans, casual players and new players. Many players (like e.g. me) would enjoy the tournament much more if they could play with a friend or a mate from the good old BaFo times.

Assigning each player to a team would also result in a pretty much imbalanced tournament as there is no way to tell which player is good or bad.

TL;DR: I wanna play with my m8, bro

Imho randomizing the teams wouldn't balance anything at all, because there is still the same amount of veterans, casual players and new players. Many players (like e.g. me) would enjoy the tournament much more if they could play with a friend or a mate from the good old BaFo times.

Assigning each player to a team would also result in a pretty much imbalanced tournament as there is no way to tell which player is good or bad.

TL;DR: I wanna play with my m8, bro

Yeah Chooosing teams would be better, I wouldn't want to work with someone that wasn't good in the beginning and out of the tourney so soon 

For this i would ask every participant to rate their skill on a scale from 1 to 10. This would be based on trust, but we have a good community, so i think this would work.

For this i would ask every participant to rate their skill on a scale from 1 to 10. This would be based on trust, but we have a good community, so i think this would work.

Well, i guess i'm a seven !?

:) One day i will be an eight !

Pssst...Silverdragen will tell you he's a 10 eventhough he's a 9 !

Edited by SunWu II.

Opening Tournament

Hello guys,

I think it would be nice to have a tournament right after the start of BFR so we can all play the first games together.

The basic rule would be: only use the starter cards from the starter decks (well we wont have any other cards at that time)

When will it be? Right after the official start of BFR, when no bugs disturb the tournament.

Categories:

PvP: 1v1, 2v2

PvE: fastest Map of the Month at highest possible level (4 players), fastest finish of the tutorial map

PvE is open for anyone, PvP needs registration for organisation reasons.

Replays must be saved.

Price: Its too early to say something about it. Maybe the devs can sponsor some BFP?

I have never organised a tournament, but as long as I have the time when BFR comes out, I will give my best to have an awesome tournament!

TODO:

- find prices

- Allowed cards: are upgraded cards allowed?

- Teams: random 2v2 teams, I assing people for maximum skill balance or everyone chooses their teammate?

PvP registration:

1v1

bobfrog

LetsEinfallslos002

Fritzrich

anonyme0273

XxHARVESTERxX

fodasseman

Chibiterasu

Yoeyfinz

Eirias

SunWu II.

nofearek9

Navarr

Silverdragen

2v2

bobfrog

WatDeFack

LetsEinfallslos002

Fritzrich

XxHARVESTERxX

fodasseman

Yoeyfinz

Eirias

Eraizer

SweetPotato

nofearek9

Navarr

Silverdragen

FlameDancer

Hey BoB what do you think about this if the players want to make a team then they must have the starter deck and the other people can use the starter deck or another deck ?? : )

There is a spectator mode to this right? :P 

I am sure that some commentators would commentate the replays from these matches and put them on youtube for others to watch. There might be some discussing regarding the PvE part, since the participants can use strategies that they wouldn't want to be shared. This being said, there could simply be a rule: Every match will be posted on youtube. That way, they know that their "strategies" (replays of the match) will be posted on YouTube. However, this might make some participants less competitive because they wouldn't use their best strategy. 

I am sure that some commentators would commentate the replays from these matches and put them on youtube for others to watch. There might be some discussing regarding the PvE part, since the participants can use strategies that they wouldn't want to be shared. This being said, there could simply be a rule: Every match will be posted on youtube. That way, they know that their "strategies" (replays of the match) will be posted on YouTube. However, this might make some participants less competitive because they wouldn't use their best strategy. 

I think only winning or top 3 replays of PVE should be posted on youtube, the rest is basically irrelevant anyways.

Yes  Im sure they will, but is there a possibility of spectating live?

Yes  Im sure they will, but is there a possibility of spectating live?

Well, there kinda is in PvP matches. I believe there was(were) a(few) PvP map(s) where you would play 1v1, but there also was a 3rd slot for another member wich just wouldn't build anything in the game and just start with a orb I believe. However, in PvE you can't really spectate, only if you play a 4 player match and have 3 players actually play and have 1 spectate etc... Conclusion: There is no implemented spectate option.