Map Editor [Activation Guide]

Menchrese

Map Editor [Activation Guide]

If you ever wanted to use the BattleForge Map Editor and make some of your own cool maps or just to play around with it while Battleforge is off, well here's how:

To be able to instal the map editor you will need a program that will extract zip files. WinRAR or z7 free software are 2 examples of free programs capable of doing that.

Step 1: Download the MapEditor zip file and extract the files. If you were wondering about viruses: Scan results.

Step 2: Open the "Map Editor" folder and place the "Battleforge" folder inside your documents (Computer>Documents). The other files will be placed somewhere else later in this guide (Step 4).

Step 3: Go to Computer>Local Disk (C:) and check if you have a folder called "Battleforge" in there. If you don't, make one.

Step 4: If you downloaded Battleforge without the map editor or just created a new folder, then you must place all the remaining files from "Map Editor" in the "Battleforge" folder in your Local Disk (C:). Replace any existing files with the new ones from the "Map Editor" folder.

Step 5: Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4ov83foag0s1tj/bf-base-pak-1st_300-files.rar?dl=0 and https://www.dropbox.com/s/kf65cp9mzvo3dgb/bf-base-pak-rest-of-files.rar?dl=0. Make a folder (if you didn't have one) called "base". In the "base" folder make another folder called "pak". Extract everything from these 2 links in the "pak" folder.

Or all in one link : BattleForge from sylar.

Step 6: If you already had Battleforge in your Local Disk (C:) this step is most likely not needed for you. Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9tnfubsviog2ux/BattleForge-all-but-base-folder.rar?dl=0 and extract everything into your "Battleforge" folder located in your Local Disk (C:).

This should be it. To open the Map Editor you must go to Computer>Local Disk(C:)>Battleforge and click on "pluginbasededitor".

I also made a short video showing you were to place the files from the "Map Editor" folder. This is it MapEditor. I also made some simple instructions in Notepad: Instructions.txt .

Note: Important to mention that you must have a Battleforge folder in your Local Disk (C:) (not the one in Documents) which must contain a folder called "base" with a folder called "pak" with the pak in it (Step 5). Without the pak the editor can't function because that's where it loads its resources and assets from. You must have a folder called "Battleforge" in your Documents as well as in your Local Disk (C:).

Common issue: The map editor will most likely not work as a stand alone so you have to download the full Battleforge folder, with the base/pak folders and every thing else unpacked properly for it to work, so put all the files, excluding the folder "Battleforge" from the "Map Editor" folder in the Battleforge main folder in your Local Disk (C:) and then try it.

Thanks Sylar for providing me with the "pak" files and the main Battleforge folder from your post: How to.

Feel free to ask me any questions or issues you might have while attempting my guide.

Thanks to Ladadoos for simplifying the guide.

Edited by Menchrese

You should be able to start the editor unless there is some error from corrupted files/deleted files or for some reason you didn't activate the editor ever.

try to download the file's i provided only the "Step 1" and place the "battleforge" folder inside of the "Map editor folder" to your documents folder , and let me know if that helps.

If that doesn't work  you'ill have to delete everything related to bf, and redownload and follow all the steps in this guide.

Edited by Menchrese

Oh now I can start it, but it says when I try to createe a new map: The application failed to create the requested file type.

"the map editor will most likely not work as a stand alone so you gotta download the full battleforge folder, with the base/pak folders and every thing else unpacked properly for it to work, so put the map editor in the battleforge main folder and than try it."

If it fails to work for ya, try to get all the files provided in this forum instead.

I haven't encountered such an issue so far so i'm limited as to what it could be, i'd need to reproduce the issue on my end to be able to figure it out.

Also try to watch this video:click here might shade some light on your issue.

Edited by Menchrese

Try to use it with admin rights, if still doesn't work try to Delete all the battleforge files, including the Documents ones.

redownload every thing while the anti virus is off and don't use any downloaders to prevent corruption, and try again if still doesn't work.

than for the time being i'm not sure what could be wrong, maybe no access maybe the file blocked in "properties" see if it says "blocked" or some thing read only.

What windows are you using?

Oh I already watched the video, I followed all the steps and even downloaded the additional files before I complained about it. It still doesn't work.

If you want i could try to help you via "TeamViewer". PM me if ya do.

Hey there Menchrese,

I am able to open the map editor but I am not able to make a new map or do anything in the map editor itself. I have tryed to follow your video but whenever I did that it still said "Assertion failed". I deleted everything and started from scratch.

I put the "battleforge"  file from the "map editor" file in my documents and put the other files from "map editor" in the  "battlforge" file, that I had put in my documents.  In that "battlforge" file I made a file called "base" and in there a file called "pak" and put all the paks in there. That's it.

What am I doing wrong ?

Map_editor_2.thumb.png.4cd6437bc903344bcThis is what I get. I am not sure if this is the same problem as WDF.

4bf.thumb.png.1a740de04ee09bd3bd3ff3da7f

I'm not sure what you are trying to say, but by following my rewritten guide it should work.

"To open the Map Editor you must go to Computer>Local Disk(C:)>Battleforge and click on "pluginbasededitor". This is exactly what you are showing in the picture.

I dont have the editor downloaded in my client, but if it works, good job! :)

You should still be able to make it work if you only downloaded Battleforge without the Map editor files. Not sure if that was the intention of your post tough :ladadoos:

i still have no idea how to do this it is probally because every file i download is messed up for some reason <_<

Have you tried to follow my rewritten steps ? Where do you have problems ? Perhaps I can help you make it work.

yea i cant do this everytime i try there is an error i started over about 5 times watch the videos and yea nothing will work well what ever 

Don't download with a downloading manager of any sorts, download with a 1 connection direct download of the browser. try to disable the anti virus while downloading to ensure that nothing corrupts the files.

Perhaps we could add some of these stuff to a torrent file at some point including my original game from which i uploaded the editor.

cause it weights 11gb.

• MrXLink pinned this topic
  • Zyna unpinned this topic