The PvP-Balancing Wish/Whine-List

Nachtalb

Pure Fire is the strongest deck in my opinion. The reasons are pretty simple

1. Juggernaut is the strongest T3 card in the game. 

2. map-rng advantages (cliffdancer) -> highest chance out of all decks to get upset wins against a better player -> easy to play  

3. strong T2 vs shadow Frost (the most played deck aside from pure fire), because you can protect your Firedancer very well since Enforcer are superior to Nightcrawler & Darkelf Assassins don't have enough damage to kill them fast enough. 

Didn't want to disappoint you :( but that's my opinion:

Either nerf both Pure Fire & Timeless one or keep everything how it is right now, because the current balancing is the best we've ever had. Aside from OP vileblood of course, hehe ^-^

That makes sense. Aren't shadow phoenixes strong against fire? And mounty or lost reaver? Still, I feel like LS can still turtle through t2 and can have a stronger t3 than pure fire. Grigori can disintegrate juggernaut, for instance, which can't be disenchanted. I think there are ways to modify the shad-frost deck to make it better against a pure fire matchup, but pure fire can't really change the deck at all.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That makes sense. Aren't shadow phoenixes strong against fire? And mounty or lost reaver? Still, I feel like LS can still turtle through t2 and can have a stronger t3 than pure fire. Grigori can disintegrate juggernaut, for instance, which can't be disenchanted. I think there are ways to modify the shad-frost deck to make it better against a pure fire matchup, but pure fire can't really change the deck at all.

Shadowphoenixes arent good vs pure fire. You have a firedancer you can not oneshot 50m from your base. The distance between that is enough to force engagements that are spread out enough that a shadowphoenix will not be efficient.

Reaver is fine but decently microed gladis/enforcer can deal with him. Mountaineer is very strong against pure fire but if the pure fire player does not mess up he will be the one attacking. Since pure fire is not afraid to be the first one going t3 the point where you could really start to splittattack while defending is not good enough to delay your own t3.

A Grigori can not disintegrate a green disenchanted juggernaut.

Edited by Hirooo
A

Shadowphoenixes arent good vs pure fire. You have a firedancer you can not oneshot 50m from your base. The distance between that is enough to force engagements that are spread out enough that a shadowphoenix will not be efficient.

Reaver is fine but decently microed gladis/enforcer can deal with him. Mountaineer is very strong against pure fire but if the pure fire player does not mess up he will be the one attacking. Since pure fire is not afraid to be the first one going t3 the point where you could really start to splittattack while defending is not good enough to delay your own t3.

A Grigori can not disintegrate a green disenchanted juggernaut.

I'm pretty sure disintegrate is immune to disenchant. I was testing it out as a possible way to avoid the shadow worms in the alpha tournament ;)

I'm pretty sure disintegrate is immune to disenchant. I was testing it out as a possible way to avoid the shadow worms in the alpha tournament ;)

Thats true but disenchant green blocks every debuff from being applied so if it is already on the unit is stops disintegration. As I wrote you need to have an disenchanted Juggernaut.

Thats true but disenchant green blocks every debuff from being applied so if it is already on the unit is stops disintegration. As I wrote you need to have an disenchanted Juggernaut.

I specifically tested this in the forge. Even with a juggernaut, to see if it made a difference. Doesn't work if you apply it before the disintegrate, and you can't apply it after.

i also remember not being able to disenchant grigs disentegration - i would have definetly used it at 12:30 in this match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkdImAIsUXg , as i never played pure fire without green dis. What i remembered wrong, though, is that the unit doesn't get it's full health back after a failed disintegration, i thought they would heal up. Would be also interesting if frostbite (the 25% more damage affinity) speeds up the disintegration. Can you test that ?

Edited by SunWu II.

i also remember not being able to disenchant grigs disentegration - i would have definetly used it at 12:30 in this match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkdImAIsUXg , as i never played pure fire without green dis. What i remembered wrong, though, is that the unit doesn't get it's full health back after a failed disintegration, i thought they would heal up. Would be also interesting if frostbite (the 25% more damage affinity) speeds up the disintegration. Can you test that ?

I've done a few tests and these are my conclusions:

1. You are not able to disenchant your unit when it's being disintegrated. It says Invalid Target.
  2. Frost bite does not speed up the disintegration.
  3. The unit does not lose health after a failed disintegration.

I've done a few tests and these are my conclusions:

1. You are not able to disenchant your unit when it's being disintegrated. It says Invalid Target.
  2. Frost bite does not speed up the disintegration.
  3. The unit does not lose health after a failed disintegration.

Thx for clearing those up. My assumption regarding 3 was that the unit (jugger for example) that survived the disintegration gets its max hp back, but i guess i confused it with wrathgazer.

Thx for clearing those up. My assumption regarding 3 was that the unit (jugger for example) that survived the disintegration gets its max hp back, but i guess i confused it with wrathgazer.

Wrathgazers also leave the target unharmed if the disintegration process is interrupted.

Wrathgazers also leave the target unharmed if the disintegration process is interrupted.

and isn't the target unit completly healed if it was let's say half-health before the attack ?

Edited by SunWu II.

and isn't the target unit completly healed if it was let's say half-health before the attack ?

The unit doesn't get fully healed after the failed disintegration. It simply is left over with the HP it had before the disintegration started.

guys you are kind of going offtopic, but i still love you ;)

I'm sorry.

@SunWu II. If you would like for me to do more tests feel free to PM me.  

Nonetheless, a disenchanted unit that has the debuff-immunity can still be disintegrated by the Lost Grigori.

And like asked here: How about windhunterdisenchant? And can you currently disenchant lightblade(both affinities)?

@cdkillroy You better explain this.

Edited by Hirooo

And like asked here: How about windhunterdisenchant? And can you currently disenchant lightblade(both affinities)?

Windhunter disenchant works the same as nature disenchant card. 

The Provoke abilty of both lightblades are disenchantable. It still shows that your unit has Provoke, but you are able to move your unit like you normaly would after you disenchanted it. Even after the debuff-immunity ends, you're still able to control your unit.

This is what I meant when I said that the Provoke on my unit didn't get removed (although I am able to control my unit):

Disenchant.thumb.png.5b327c00f65d16766d5

Please PM me if you want me to do more tests as I believe @Nachtalb would rather not have these off-topic discussions here.

Actualy it's ok, because i find it interesting myself how theese mechanics now realy work and we anyway discuss possible Bugs that are interesting for PvP Balance here as well, so it is not realy Offtopic when i think about it again.

Edited by Nachtalb

@cdkillroy You better explain this.

Yes...for the alpha tournament the very first thing I tried was a windhunter self disenchant with ice barrier before I read the rest of the rules :). My original statement concerned the windhunter, and I checked to make sure it also didn't work on juggers.

Also, ice shields and damage reducers (like defenders or commandos or imperials stance) do not affect disintegration time. I guess a side effect of this is that stonekin cards are slightly more susceptible to disenchant than otherwise.

Ok guys, one last question here again ^^ .. I went through the thread and somehow i'd like to hear some opinions about Stormsinger. I recall that some people thought the buff of stormsinger made her too strong and somehow i can understand this point of view (though i was happy about the buff as fire/frost player). What do you think about this folks?

At the moment my list of further discusable things would be:

T1: Tree Spirits OP, Phasetower slightly OP and Mortar slightly OP

T2: Bandits UP, Stormsinger slightly OP (?)

T3: Shield Building OP, Timeless One Ability OP

+ ALL BUGFIXES

Edited by Nachtalb