Battle of Tactics #4: We Are One - Until: 16.07.2023

Great greetings, people of the Sky

Battle of Tactics goes into the fourth round. This time we are focusing on Twilight and the Transformation ability.

image.pngWinners / Ranking / Stream recording:

image.png

Rules:

1.       You are only allowed to play Twilight cards.
          (Not the Edition Twilight, I mean Fire-Nature-Cards)
2.       You are not allowed to play flying units.
3.       You are only allowed to play one Affinity of a Card.
4.       You can play every card only once.
          So if you play Slaver and he dies, you can not re-summon it. He is gone forever.
          Same goes for buildings and spells can only be cast once as well.
          --> But you can transform your Units as much as you like. <--
          When You transform you often get buffs. Also, transformation is cheaper than casting. (See FAQ)

An example deck could look like this:MNXTYVWQaDTWZRaMTrWoYLTaYUaSXmXOTAZ3X0YkW
Use "/importdeck [Deckcode]" in the chat

image.png

Ranking:

Main-Ranking:
          Finish the map as fast as you can

Stamp-Rankings:
          Finish a section of the map as fast as you can (See below)

Style-Ranking:
          Lowest action Count
          Most summons & least transformations
          Most transformations & least summons

Section of the map:

Spoiler

Section 1: From “The beginning of the map” till “Viridya starts walking to cast her spell”
Audio stamp: “The Twilight returns! That is one massive horde!”

Section 2: From “Viridya starts walking to cast her spell” till “Viridya starts to the Soultree”
Audio stamp: “They will take a while to recover!”

Section 3: From “Viridya starts to the Soultree” till “Viridya arrived at the Soultree”
Audio stamp: “There it is! Come, ancient soul,”

Section 4: From “Viridya arrived at the Soultree” till “End of the map”
Audio stamp: [You won screen]

image.png

Checking for a valid run:

There are two ways to check the run:
1.       I added check in to the map. But since I'm not a map/LUA-programme, so there might be still a bug.
2.       The funny BOT-Website. --> www.t1421.tk <--
          On the page, you also find live rankings for the Main-Ranking, as well as your numbers for the Stamp-Rankings and Style-Ranking.

Of course, the website is optional! You can join without using it to check your replay.
You don’t enter the event by uploading, you have to send me your replay via the Forum or Discord!

image.png

In conclusion:

Map:                   Community map: “Battle of Tactics #4” (a copy of "The Soultree")
Difficulty:            Advanced
Goal:                   As fast as possible and following the rules
Until when:         16.07.2023 23:59 CET
Winner Stream:  21.07.2023 19:00 CET via my Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/ultralord_t1421)
Replays:              PM in the Forum @Ultralord or DM via Discord Ultralord#9706
Replay name:      BOT4_[Your Username].pmv

You can send in multiple replays, the last one which I receive will be used for the event.
Replays can be found in your Documents folder (C:\Users\xxx\Documents\BattleForge\replays\)

How to play the map:

Spoiler

To access the map for the contest (or any community map), select the blue icon in the far lower right corner:
image.png

The search for look for "Battle of Tactics #4"

If you have problems downloading/starting the map, you can try to clean up you map folder and try again:
Close BattleForge, delete all files in C:\Users\xxx\Documents\BattleForge\map\, and try again.

image.png

Prizes:

Main-Ranking:
1st Place             7 General Boosters                                            + Promo Juggernaut 
_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png     _General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png     Juggernaut.png

2st Place             6 General Boosters                                            + Avatar of Frost
_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png     _General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png                  Avatar_of_Frost_FullCard.png

3st Place             5 General Boosters                                            + Grinder [P]
_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png                                     Grinder_FullCard.png

4st Place             4 General Boosters                                            + Thunder Wagon [B]
_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png                                                  Thunder_Wagon_FullCard.png

5st Place             3 General Boosters                                            + Grim Bahir [R]
_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png                                                               Grim_Bahir_FullCard.png

6st - 10st Place   2 General Boosters                                            + One of: Batariel [P], Transcendence, Bloodhorn [P], Home Soil, Colossus
_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png                                                                            Batariel_FullCard.pngTranscendence_FullCard.pngBloodhorn_FullCard.pngHome_Soil_FullCard.pngColossus_FullCard.png

11st - 15st Place 1 General Booster
_General_Booster_Pack_HD.png.abba871e0b8d6d0c1e575cffd0ebbddf.png

Stamp-Rankings:
Fastest Player in each Section gets 2 Twilight Booster + 1 Normal Viridya + 1 Moon
twilight.pngtwilight.pngViridya_FullCard.pngMoon_FullCard.png

Style-Ranking:
The Player with the lowest/ highest score gets 2 Twilight Booster (tiebreaker is the time to complete the map)
twilight.pngtwilight.png

A new Star is rising:
The fastest player with a PvE Rank under Level 10 image.png will receive a Promo Construct
The fastest player with a PvE Rank under or equal Level 10 image.png will receive a Promo Construct
Construct_(Promo)_FullCard.png

Support the new ones:
The 5 players with the lowest PvE Rank (Max lvl 10 image.png) will get cards from this pool (Random but equal distribution):
Forest Elder [G], Batariel [P], Comet Catcher, Shrine of War, Juggernaut, Wildfire, Mine, Magma Fiend, Gladiatrix [G]
Forest_Elder_FullCard.pngBatariel_FullCard.pngComet_Catcher_FullCard.pngShrine_of_War_FullCard.pngJuggernaut_FullCard.pngWildfire_FullCard.pngMine_FullCard.pngMagma_Fiend_FullCard.pngGladiatrix_FullCard.png

Random Draw:
Every Player in the event has the chance to win one or more of the 45 Twilight cards.
(player without a prize form other rankings have a higher priority)

1485.png3.png1554.png99991.png6.png1.png1681.png1225.png
1619.png1575.png1228.png1487.png1562.png999992.png99999.png1484.png
1527.png1588.png1444.png1488.png1600.png1230.png1231.png1232.png

image.png

Big thank you to:

SLR-Team                                    For 40 Booster for Main-Ranking 1-15
                                                    and another 12 Twilight Booster for the other two Rankings
@Kapo                                   For the Promo Juggernaut 
@Metagross31 & @nukie   For helping with organizing the event
@Kapo & @Little_Ducky     For Map Testing
Proofreader                                For fixing and improving this post
@arabikaa                               For the Promo Construct
[anonymous]                              For the Forest Elder [G]
@hauclir                                 For Avatar of Frost, Grinder [P],Thunder Wagon [B], Grim Bahir [R], Batariel [P], Transcendence
@Kayrie                                  For Batariel [P], Comet Catcher, Shrine of War, Juggernaut, Wildfire, Mine, Magma Fiend, Gladiatrix [G]

And You for playing in the event 🙂 

image.png

Closing words:

You want to sponsor something -> feel free to contact me.
Replays and rankings will be shared after the stream.
You want to host an event as well? Contact our Event-Organizers. They happy to support your:
@nukie (nukie#9354), @Metagross31 (Metagross31#1103), @Minashigo Hiko (Minashigo Hiko#1126)

I hope you all have fun with this forth BOT. See you in the Forge.

Ultralord

PS: there are 4 small changes I made to the map. Can you find them?

image.png

FAQ:

Spoiler

Transformation is cheaper the a new Unit?
If you transform your Twilight unit into another, you only pay a part of the power costs:
In a T2 Unit: 85%
In a T3 Unit: 80%
In a T4 Unit: 75%

Can I play Amii Monument?
No only twilight cards.

Can I play Enlightenment?
No only twilight cards.

How can I only play Twilight units? I need a pure card for T1.
On this map you start on T2. No need for T1 Units in your deck.

The game is crashing when is try to start the map!
1. Close the game
2. Remove ALL *.PAK Files from the map folder (C:\Users\xxx\Documents\BattleForge\map\) 
3. Re-download the map and try again

Can I play for example Play Abomination [B] and transform another unit into Abomination [P]?
No. I short: You are only allowed do have one Affinity per card in your deck.

At what point do you record my PvE Rank?
When you send in your replay I check in game. If you send in a new Replay i check again. 
You may levelled up and might not be considered a new player anymore

RadicalX, Kapo and Metagross31 like this

• Ultralord changed the title to Battle of Tactics #4: We Are One - Until: 16.07.2023
  • Ultralord featured and pinned this topic
37 minutes ago, LoganOn said:

I don't have enough cards from the Twilight Series 😞
Why are all these Events so hard for players who have been playing for several days? 🙂

Which card do you need?

36 minutes ago, LoganOn said:

Why are all these Events so hard for players who have been playing for several days? 🙂

You are right, in this event you need around 20 TW cards - thankfully not all events are made in this way

If you want i can share some of the cards - most of them are pretty cheap too

1 hour ago, Ultralord said:

You are right, in this event you need around 20 TW cards - thankfully not all events are made in this way

If you want i can share some of the cards - most of them are pretty cheap too

I have 16 cards. Some specifically upgrade. I'll see again tomorrow I have to take a break from this map for now I played 8 matches each lost but once it was close I think I chose a good tactic 🙂

1 hour ago, Dolewan said:

Which card do you need?

Would be nice to have any advantage : Nightshade Plant Fiolet and Green 😛 Then I can summon both 🙂

5 minutes ago, LoganOn said:

I have 16 cards. Some specifically upgrade. I'll see again tomorrow I have to take a break from this map for now I played 8 matches each lost but once it was close I think I chose a good tactic 🙂

Would be nice to have any advantage : Nightshade Plant Fiolet and Green 😛 Then I can summon both 🙂

You cant play both Nightshade Plants
image.png.a35ded7f12621729e340afdfe6402f91.png

On 7/8/2023 at 8:25 PM, LoganOn said:

While we try to make events inclusive for all kinds of players, most players have been playing for quite a while already, and are looking for something unique/fun in these kind of events that normal maps cant offer them anymore. If you are just starting out (like, first week of playing) there is still a ton of content in the original game to enjoy. Once that dries up, we hope to encourage players to try new tactics and strategies through these events. 

That being said, as can be seen above, most players are definitely not unwilling to share some cards to allow newer players to play 🙂

Dutchy and Ultralord like this

13 hours ago, Majora said:

While we try to make events inclusive for all kinds of players, most players have been playing for quite a while already, and are looking for something unique/fun in these kind of events that normal maps cant offer them anymore. If you are just starting out (like, first week of playing) there is still a ton of content in the original game to enjoy. Once that dries up, we hope to encourage players to try new tactics and strategies through these events. 

That being said, as can be seen above, most players are definitely not unwilling to share some cards to allow newer players to play 🙂

Yes it's true. Now I got a lot of game quest heroes 🙂 so the deck is getting bigger. I also found a few cards that went on sale and for nothing I bought more boosters - a friend who plays this game for a long time also gave me a lot of BF for which I could buy more cards now I'm ready to take on more events ❤️

• 2 weeks later...

And so the 4th round of BOT comes to an end.
TY to all who joined the event and watched the steam as well as all how supported and helped with the event.

Prices have been sended out. If you think something went wrong - contact me.

The final ranking:

image.png

All replay can be found here:
BOT4.zip

And here is the Stream recording:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gFlcBxili8

MFG Ultralord

Metagross31, Volin and Dran like this