Random PVE - Grimvine Wheel of Gifts

Sometimes while playing a random PVE scenario Grimvine´s buff by the "Wheel of Gifts" will be removed and will not be refreshed.

In some matches the enemys can use a debuff and the "Wheel of Gifts" buff will not be refreshed at Gimvine too.

3 hours ago, Vultagx said:

Today I saw the same at different units, that´s true.

But is this a bug or just a feature or the lost souls?

It's a feature. The lost dancers take any buffs off of units they hit. Now the good thing is: they can't hit air units. So at least those will profit from the wheel's buffs throughout the whole game.

But the feature should be the following:

After the debuff from lost dancer the troops will lost the buff, after the debuff is deactivated the wheel of gift buff should be activated again. you are not able to repeat the wheel buff.

24 minutes ago, Vultagx said:

But the feature should be the following:

After the debuff from lost dancer the troops will lost the buff, after the debuff is deactivated the wheel of gift buff should be activated again. you are not able to repeat the wheel buff.

Yes Wheel of Gifts should reaply and it's a known bug. There are already a couple of bugreports on this.

1 hour ago, Mynoduesp said:

Making WoG Effects auras with lets say 500m range should do the trick just fine.

Same goes for Incredible Mo. 

Yeah, I already thought about that as well and I'm pretty sure it would work. But I didn't want to mention it because I don't know how "hacky" this solution would be. In the worst case, there could be some performance problems with such an huge aura.

So I would prefer another way if possible.

9 hours ago, Chibiterasu said:

Yeah, I already thought about that as well and I'm pretty sure it would work. But I didn't want to mention it because I don't know how "hacky" this solution would be. In the worst case, there could be some performance problems with such an huge aura.

So I would prefer another way if possible.

If you were to apply a buff with duration and reapply it each ~1 second. You'll most likely end up with bigger performance issues. 

But if you want to try it, a sceleton ability would be the global regen buff of fountain of rebirth. 

Fountain of rebirth is a channel ability but even if I add that to wheels, it doesn't refresh after the dancers debuff.

What's worse, even if I let the buff reapply every second, it doesn't work as intendet. Instead of reapplying the buff after the dancers debuff, it will reapply the buff during the debuff. Lost dancer's attack doesn't seem to prevent the effects of wheel and incredible mo, it only removes them. So that doesn't work either.

Would it be possible to change the lost dancer debuff effect into a temporary disable instead? There are a bunch of similar on attack effects for ranged/melee attacks and ability denial. E.g. Skycatcher, Lost Dragon, Twilight Whisperer, etc.

Would it be possible to change these effects in a way to make them applicable to buffs as well. That would obviously also effect other buffs (Motivate/Life Weaving/Unholy Power/Unholy Hero/Girl Power/Unity just to name a few) and therefor be a nerf to LS albeit probably not too influential besides Mo/WoG as it will only effect cleanup of camps, not so much the main clear. Considering Lost Souls has a very clear difficulty spike to all other factions, I think this would be at most a minor nerf to the faction(on top of what is actually trying to be done here already).

Edited by Treim
Mynoduesp likes this