Important: Open Beta Status Announcement

MrXLink

I've just had an awareness training on GD-PR, talk about a coincidence, ha ha. Stuff gets tricky when you store data overseas though, but for now if everything is EU (or EEA rather) your data should be safe (if proper procedures are followed).

19 hours ago, MrXLink said:

..., since we already barely collect any data (especially not sensitive data) ...

But i thing in the future it could by very funny to have some charts or reports about the played games / cards.
Something like:
-         
Which is the most played card
-          Which card are the most sold one in the market
-          Which are the cards that every one has 100 times in there collection

(could also be interesting for balancing)

2 hours ago, T1421 said:

But i thing in the future it could by very funny to have some charts or reports about the played games / cards.
Something like:
-         
Which is the most played card
-          Which card are the most sold one in the market
-          Which are the cards that every one has 100 times in there collection

(could also be interesting for balancing)

These are statistics which will not be affected by the GDPR, hence we're able to do such things. I'm currently coding an API for our Administration Tool but it could also be used as some sort of manager for your personal account when it's up an running and when I implemented the user functionality. It does take time though, but it also doesn't make any sense to produce some charts before the final release of the game.

Navarr likes this

this is absolutely awesome, as a game designer i know how hard it is to stick to even more general timeframes and milestones, pushing it is scary but im glad you are taking time now to give room for error so when it is open for beta there wont be so many issues to fix and have to bring the servers down every 3 days. you guys are doing a great job and i cant wait to see this finished, id hope to stream it on twitch when possible.

i dislike you for that Promo Swamp Drake :(

knowing my luck with RNG in booster packs in various games ill get that in like 3 years after game goes full launch lol

my Promo Swamp Drake back in the day was named Timmy, when the game died i said Timmy fell down the well

Edited by Lavos2018
adding some slight comedy

First of all: thanks for doing this project! I've been following for quite a while now, props to you for putting your time and effort into it!

To the OB status:

When bugs like "accepting group invites causing the crash of the world server" got fixed just now, then it seems like there is still a very long way to go until the game is ready for an OB release. 

That's completely fine. This is not a paid project.

But I don't get why statements like 

"For those still doubting us, calling this biggest Internet scam and similiar names - you will be proven wrong very soon! The derailed hype train will be back on track in no time!"

are published. The "in no time" line was already a month ago.

I'm obviously not a programmer but to me it seems very possible that it could very well take another few months until the game is ready for an OB release. 

Statements like the above cause unnecessary hype, and when hyped up expectations can't be fulfilled there will be disappointment and ultimately hate. 

emil0 likes this

1 hour ago, Wigggenz said:

<snip>

QUOTE: "When bugs like "accepting group invites causing the crash of the world server" got fixed just now, then it seems like there is still a very long way to go until the game is ready for an OB release." 

ANSWER: There is a lot of context missing from those kinds of changes, because I tend to simplify and generalize those changes for the public so people can read nice changelog instead of the one few pages long, which is pointless and boring, both to write and read.

QUOTE: "The "in no time" line was already a month ago."

ANSWER: So? "in no time" is not a valid period/interval of the time itself, thus can last anywhere from 1 month to 1 year (in my point of view).

QUOTE: "I'm obviously not a programmer but to me it seems very possible that it could very well take another few months until the game is ready for an OB release. "

ANSWER: Yes, sorry for trying to make this game as bug free as possible. Rather have a stable and working game with satisfied community than unstable and crashing one with people raging for the inability of having servers up for consistent 12 hours.

QUOTE: "Statements like the above cause unnecessary hype, and when hyped up expectations can't be fulfilled there will be disappointment and ultimately hate. "

ANSWER: That statement was not intended to create any more hype, I just can't see how you got that feeling out of it.

To all none helpfull and "hate/disappointed" comments, I really wish in one point of your life you encounter the situation these lovely devs are in. Their lives are stressful enough even as it without this project. I want you all to understand that they are under a lot of pressure to release it asap so we could all be happy. I bet that most of them have never worked on anything close to the scale of this project. And to top that, they are doing it in their own free time, not to get paid, but for the love of the game and it's playerbase.

I wish you all a good night!

- Ficohaker

Navarr and ImperatorSK like this

23 hours ago, fiki574 said:

QUOTE: "When bugs like "accepting group invites causing the crash of the world server" got fixed just now, then it seems like there is still a very long way to go until the game is ready for an OB release." 

ANSWER: There is a lot of context missing from those kinds of changes, because I tend to simplify and generalize those changes for the public so people can read nice changelog instead of the one few pages long, which is pointless and boring, both to write and read.

QUOTE: "The "in no time" line was already a month ago."

ANSWER: So? "in no time" is not a valid period/interval of the time itself, thus can last anywhere from 1 month to 1 year (in my point of view).

QUOTE: "I'm obviously not a programmer but to me it seems very possible that it could very well take another few months until the game is ready for an OB release. "

ANSWER: Yes, sorry for trying to make this game as bug free as possible. Rather have a stable and working game with satisfied community than unstable and crashing one with people raging for the inability of having servers up for consistent 12 hours.

QUOTE: "Statements like the above cause unnecessary hype, and when hyped up expectations can't be fulfilled there will be disappointment and ultimately hate. "

ANSWER: That statement was not intended to create any more hype, I just can't see how you got that feeling out of it.

I never criticized your development work or that you try to make the game as bug free as possible, don't try to paint this picture of me. I think delaying it was the correct choice, even if it takes a year or even longer. Not giving any more dates or time frames is the correct choice as well. 

But still the communication is irritating to me. 

"The hype train will be back on track in no time!" IS a statement that's hyping up. I can't see how it can have any other possible effect. "In no time" and "very soon" are both vague time frames whose meaning is dependent on context and from context right here they suggest (at least in my view) a time frame no longer than a few weeks. Just my understanding. 

It's just that I would prefer posts without any time-related phrases like that at all. So there's absolutely no possibility any readers could get hyped up. Just a neutral description of what is going on.

Edited by Wigggenz
emil0, zajonek1, Pookins and 2 others like this

13 minutes ago, Wigggenz said:

I never criticized your development work or that you try to make the game as bug free as possible, don't try to paint this picture of me. I think delaying it was the correct choice, even if it takes a year or even longer. Not giving any more dates or time frames is the correct choice as well. 

But still the communication is irritating to me. 

"The hype train will be back on track in no time!" IS a statement that's hyping up. I can't see how it can have any other possible effect. "In no time" and "very soon" are both vague time frames whose meaning is dependent on context and from context right here they suggest (at least in my view) a time frame no longer than a few weeks. Just my understanding. 

It's just that I would prefer posts without any time-related phrases like that at all. So there's absolutely no possibility any readers could get hyped up. Just a neutral description of what is going on.

So you're bothered by the whole communication we're having with you as a community? That's the impression I got from your statement, just as the hype part you got from mine. Weekly dev posts are not enough? Discord or forums' private messages anytime as well? Streams also?

Out of everything you can and could have quoted, you're still tied to those two words "no time", which, as me and you said, have different time frame in everyone's point of view.

Wigggenz, piersonmp3 and Wladyslaw like this

2 minutes ago, fiki574 said:

So you're bothered by the whole communication we're having with you as a community? That's the impression I got from your statement, just as the hype part you got from mine. Weekly dev posts are not enough? Discord or forums' private messages anytime as well? Streams also?

Out of everything you can and could have quoted, you're still tied to those two words "no time", which, as me and you said, have different time frame in everyone's point of view.

I hope you are not misinterpreting me on purpose here. I never said that weekly dev posts are "not enough" (same goes for discord, streams etc).

Once again, just to clarify: I think communication is fine from a quantity point of view as well as from a technical point of view (you explaining the changelog). 

It's just the "emotional style" that's bothering me, as I said in my last sentence that I would like communication to be just a more neutral description. So pretty much the same as you are doing now, just without the "very soon" or "in no time" parts. 

I guess I just brought that up now (and not back then when it was first posted) because I just now realised how wrong the expectations I got from that post were. 

Ficohaker, fiki574, Pookins and 4 others like this

I really hope you guys don't hit next month.

Path of Exile's new league hits next month, and Dead Frontier 2 releases in to Open Beta.

I'm sure other things hit as well, but those are the big ones for me =P

Lmao, you definitely don't have to be a passive-aggresive b***h about that. People been waiting for the launch so long, and you postpone it AGAIN. It's not players fault you can't  complete the game in time frame you set yourself. 

myster2 likes this

5 hours ago, BrokeboiLemur said:

Lmao, you definitely don't have to be a passive-aggresive b***h about that. People been waiting for the launch so long, and you postpone it AGAIN. It's not players fault you can't  complete the game in time frame you set yourself. 

It's not our own fault that EA failed miserably and had to shut down this game. Is there any other alternative to playing this game? No, there isn't, so I guess you'll have to wait a tad bit longer for this to come out, whether you like it or not. I've been working on this project for almost 3 years now, and still getting bashed by "people" like you.  We don't owe anything to anyone, let that sink in first!

No one is a passive aggressive b***h, I don't know how you people making psychological assumptions based on a single sentence.

Also, better watch your mouth, you're certainly breaking forum rules.

Edited by fiki574

13 hours ago, fiki574 said:

It's not our own fault that EA failed miserably and had to shut down this game. Is there any other alternative to playing this game? No, there isn't, so I guess you'll have to wait a tad bit longer for this to come out, whether you like it or not. I've been working on this project for almost 3 years now, and still getting bashed by "people" like you.  We don't owe anything to anyone, let that sink in first!

No one is a passive aggressive b***h, I don't know how you people making psychological assumptions based on a single sentence.

Also, better watch your mouth, you're certainly breaking forum rules.

While it is true that you don't owe anything to anyone, you did build hype.
Hype is a powerful tool to keep people interested in something, so long as you can follow through.
Hype comes with a lot of backlash potential though.
Most of us definitely appreciate what you guys are doing, though I do wish you hadn't built hype with the open beta carrot.
At least... not until you knew you were ready for it.

Best of luck getting those servers up to snuff though :D

2 hours ago, Tyroki said:

While it is true that you don't owe anything to anyone, you did build hype.
Hype is a powerful tool to keep people interested in something, so long as you can follow through.
Hype comes with a lot of backlash potential though.
Most of us definitely appreciate what you guys are doing, though I do wish you hadn't built hype with the open beta carrot.
At least... not until you knew you were ready for it.

Best of luck getting those servers up to snuff though :D

Yes, that's true, and it backfired on us - no one's denying it I went over the line with hype build-up.

Wladyslaw likes this

4 hours ago, fiki574 said:

Yes, that's true, and it backfired on us - no one's denying it I went over the line with hype build-up.

Hey, at least there is a silver lining here. You learned a valuable lesson on when to set the hype train in motion.
Never be afraid to, just be sure you're actually almost ready to go.

Then hit the hype train a month in advance and use that month for polish.

I don't mean to make the timing sound easy. I know it isn't, but you'll get the hang of it.
Best to keep this in mind for if and when you expand the game :D

I mean, don't be afraid to say an expansion is on the way, but temper the hype with a solid mention that it'll take months to complete.
Then you re-kindle the hype when it's basically done, give people a month to prepare, and hit them with the expansion.

Just don't forget to research other game releases. You don't want to be overshadowed by a super popular game dropping or getting a major update.

Hope this helps.

fiki574 likes this