Jump to content

Restoring Lyr - Need play testing and feedback - UPDATE 2.2 Out!


Feedback Poll 2  

3 members have voted

  1. 1. Opinion after Update 2

    • Much Better!
      2
    • Good
      1
    • Worse
      0
  2. 2. How far do YOU consider this map is finished?

    • 100%
      0
    • 99% Almost there
      1
    • 75%
      2
    • 50%
      0
    • 25%
      0
  3. 3. Im learning alot doing this!, Would you like me to continue to do maps after this?

    • Yes Absolutely!
      3
    • I dont mind
      0
    • dude stop, get some help
      0


Recommended Posts

  • Hi all!

Im working on a map called Restoring Lyr and its my first map ever so im still learning it all, but now im kind of done with the "core" work of the map, still alot to be done but for me to continue im gonna need some testing and help from other players. So if you want feel free to download it in community maps and try it and report the bugs/errors or suggestions to improve it!

Its a 2P map with defend/attack elements

 

Whats being worked on:

Cyan = Worked on continuously

Done = Added to the map

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Difficulties - Currently only one diff but will add /standard/Advanced/Expert (This will be the highest priority after the "core" of the map works fine)

Map design - terrain/cliffs/textures/props/audio etc

Balancing - exploits/missed blocking/more or less enemies?/to hard or easy?/waves/quests/monuments and power wells.

Add more objectives at the north to put some pressure to get there in time, maybe some defence.

Reworking the North with new quests and more content

Add translation for german/russian/french

Add more Outcries

 

 

 

 Updates - Just updated! 21-09-27

Spoiler

Update 1 // 12-09-21

Spoiler

Made the Objectives more clear for the player to understand (More minimap markers, timers, changed text information etc)

Added a main objective "C" which tells the supply wagons need to be protected all the time.

Added Supply wagon in the main base to be defended or you will also lose the game.

Added the "flaming fog" at the north which will kill your troops if close to it (to hinder going outside the map).

Added a little bit more buildings and enemies throughout the map.

Made more space down by the walls in the middle to fit more buildings.

Made the neautral map towers shoot enemies (might need some tweaking in the starter base).

Added a few Outcries to the map, Including the start to explain some background and information for the map. Also outcry when winning and a warning outcry to warn the player not to enter the flaming fog. (More will come if feels needed!).

Fixed the final attack wave to actually spawn it and attack which also means the map can be "won", Currently only comes down the middle lane for testing if it works fine it will be attacking with a wave from every side.

Some changes to map design fixed some clipping/blocking and exploits.

Added little more voidpower at the start

 

Spoiler

Update 2 // 21-09-21

Spoiler

Added alot more detail to the map // changed, Added and Removed some stuff

Added more squads around the map (mostly up north)

Balanced the squads (added a little bit more bigger units)

Reworked some quests /added markers changed timers etc

Added new quests // added timer on start so you cant skip the waves and just attack camps // new waves quest to defend up north aswell after the wagon attack.

Added barriers to block the entrance to the northern enclave (they disappear after you destroyed all camps)

Fixed so if you destroy some bases before the quest becomes active it wont break the game. So if you start to destroy a base it will count towards the next quest but wont spawn the wagon attack before you reach there.

Removed some power wells to balance out the power return

Moved one of the monuments in the middle to the northern enclave (There are 2 monuments up there by the "Supply" Wagon)

Fixed Some glitches with flying units in the middle part of the map (this one is annoying but a little bit better for now)

Spoiler

Update 2.1 // 26-09-21

Spoiler

Difficulties! First iteration of difficulties this is subject to change on the way!

Reworked north some more, made it a little bit bigger and added larger wall that can be built and mounted

More details and art

Updated minimap

some minor tweaks to quests

some tweaks to waves

Supply Wagons (Gold Wagons) - Raised from 5.5k health to 25k

 

Spoiler

Update 2.2 // 27-09-21

Spoiler

Added the final attack to all 3 walls and tweaked it depending on difficulty

Added a timer to prepare your defence for the final attack to give you a little bit time to build and gather the troops

Tried adding voicelines to some outcries just to try it out, can probably do something fun with this (2 short ones are added)

updated the loading screen picture

 

 

 

 

 

 

So please if you try it send me a message on the forum or ingame mail and give some feedback whats good or bad. I wanna be able to polish it as best as i can so the next map will be even better. I want to continue the PvE Campaign story and maps 🙂

 

Thanks for all the feedback!

 

/RookieN

 

 

 

Edited by RookieN
Updated the map with new version
Link to post
Share on other sites

@RookieN I didn't get too far before I lost, but the first impressions are very good (especially terrain texturing too)! Unfortunately, since I didn't get too far into the game I do not have much constructive criticism, but I did notice that the minimap was missing the goal for B? Not sure if this is on purpose or not.
image.png
 

RookieN likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

@RookieN I didn't get too far before I lost, but the first impressions are very good (especially terrain texturing too)! Unfortunately, since I didn't get too far into the game I do not have much constructive criticism, but I did notice that the minimap was missing the goal for B? Not sure if this is on purpose or not.
image.png
 

Thank you! still everybit helps now i know i need more focus on balancing 🙂 waves might be to hard or fast and such. How far did you get and were did you feel it was too hard/impossible? The B marker i must have forgot 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RookieN said:

Thank you! still everybit helps now i know i need more focus on balancing 🙂 waves might be to hard or fast and such. How far did you get and were did you feel it was too hard/impossible? The B marker i must have forgot 😄

I think where it went wrong is that my teammate pinged me to help attack the top, while I also had to defend the bottom. I think I likely should just have focused defend the bottom, and that that's also what you intended (but I might be wrong). We lost when Twilight Treefiends started attacking from the bottom, because I did not have enough defenses set up. I think had I focused defending, it would have been much easier. The addition of the B goal on the minimap will likely help add emphasis on the fact that you need to focus defending.

Metagross31 and RookieN like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

have discovered the map by chance. First impression was: oh beautiful.

Found the map not too difficult (maybe adv diff?) 

Have the part below done with the defend, but paralel above helped with the clean. 

Have the map "played through" if the endbosstimer would not be on 9999minuten. a whole week on the map defend without a break was then a bit too long for me 😄
Have looked in the scripts to what it is missing then that it does not end. 

I for my taste think the wave above the runs against the gold car may be quiet a little heavier. We have killed relatively carefree. 

The waves at the bottom of the 3 walls is nice and crisp, not too hard, not too easy. But think that just if you look at it so that this is the middle difficulty, on expert still some fernkämpfer should be there in the first waves. 3 mele S troops are then but something "easy" to defend.

Furthermore, I would welcome it if the towers that are placed on the map around the initial base, also have a use. So if they could shoot as you know it from other maps. 

The whole thing was played with a random, without any agreement, without amii, without enlightenment. 
I had down natural start, then shadow to defend with time vortex in addition to the windweavers. When I reached the top then t3 I have built at each wall still 1 necroblaster. 
I played the whole thing without void manipulation because it was my 4 color allraunder map deck.  What exactly my mate had played I can not say, have that no longer exactly in memory. However, at t3 we both had asbone pyro, which had "simplified" the clearing of the strongest base at the top left. Together with motivate it went relatively well. 

Unfortunately, I have not saved the replay, because as I said I did not know that the map was presented here in the forum. 

Hope you can do something with this feedback

/wanky

RookieN likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall, I really enjoyed this map. I handled the north, whilst my teammate handled the south (though they joined me with the attack on the final camp). Of course, I had some glitches that I messaged you privately about, looking forward to giving it another go. I would say that it's roughly Advanced difficulty.

The patrol was quite fun to fight against. I had to time my attacks on the camps accordingly so I wouldn't bump into the patrol (and specifically the twilight hag) until I got my second orb. I did feel that power generation may have been a little bit low. Recovering from a failed attack was pretty devastating.

RookieN likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RookieN changed the title to Restoring Lyr - Need play testing and feedback - UPDATE 1 Out
On 9/5/2021 at 7:13 PM, wanky said:

have discovered the map by chance. First impression was: oh beautiful.

Found the map not too difficult (maybe adv diff?) 

Have the part below done with the defend, but paralel above helped with the clean. 

Have the map "played through" if the endbosstimer would not be on 9999minuten. a whole week on the map defend without a break was then a bit too long for me 😄
Have looked in the scripts to what it is missing then that it does not end. 

I for my taste think the wave above the runs against the gold car may be quiet a little heavier. We have killed relatively carefree. 

The waves at the bottom of the 3 walls is nice and crisp, not too hard, not too easy. But think that just if you look at it so that this is the middle difficulty, on expert still some fernkämpfer should be there in the first waves. 3 mele S troops are then but something "easy" to defend.

Furthermore, I would welcome it if the towers that are placed on the map around the initial base, also have a use. So if they could shoot as you know it from other maps. 

The whole thing was played with a random, without any agreement, without amii, without enlightenment. 
I had down natural start, then shadow to defend with time vortex in addition to the windweavers. When I reached the top then t3 I have built at each wall still 1 necroblaster. 
I played the whole thing without void manipulation because it was my 4 color allraunder map deck.  What exactly my mate had played I can not say, have that no longer exactly in memory. However, at t3 we both had asbone pyro, which had "simplified" the clearing of the strongest base at the top left. Together with motivate it went relatively well. 

Unfortunately, I have not saved the replay, because as I said I did not know that the map was presented here in the forum. 

Hope you can do something with this feedback

/wanky

Got the first update out for it with some stuff done 🙂

On 9/6/2021 at 9:26 AM, Metagross31 said:

I played this map yesterday and tried to condense my thoughts about it into a video, I hope it is helpful to you:

 


Also, here is the replay file, in case you need it:
 

20210905_132222_restoringlyr.pmv 44.42 kB · 2 downloads

Got the first update out for it with some stuff done 🙂

Ladadoos and Metagross31 like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

played the map again duo without voiuce. This time used a pure nature deck. 
Difficulty over all seen unchanged. Endwave I would not make stronger for my taste on expert, and weaken a little in adv. 

The attack on top of the wagon is still way too easy in my opinion. 

The map is very fun to play but you realize relatively quickly: Without agreement and a look at each other, it can be very fast that the deffensive player below is completely overrun. 

All in all, there are also a bit many powerwells on the map for my taste. 

would like to assess the map from the speedrun perspactiv. but need a mate who has discord and preferably speaks German. Large map pool and playskill of advantage, but you can learn.

An assessment of how the map feels solo comes at a later time certainly still. Currently did not have much time. 

RookieN likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Have played the whole thing again. 

My part: Again the defense, this time with Pur frost. 

Treim has played the map for the first time, have told him hardly noteworthy things about the map. 

Played the map Casual, and First try with 14minutes 41 seconds finished. 

The defensive part is relatively easy with Pur frost. 

The attacking part in the north I quote from treim: "the attacking part was very easy. You can cliff extremely well with e.g. white hunters. It is relatively unclear where to go first. From t3 it is then much too easy. The attack in the north is very small, there should definitely be more. The energy level is massively too high due to the many wells. If both players have made the first camp is one already T3 that is almost absurdly fast, on expert I would see an abomination there. The other camps should be adjusted with units that you can tackle it with t3.

Possible changes: 
-More patrullia in the north, so you have to use the energy (like Insane God).
-Adapt the camps to the corresponding orbs. (There can be much stronger units in the camp, take examples from Crusade, Nightmares maps Titans etc.)
-Attack in the north take a few XL units with purely

 

 

UPDATE: We played the map with feed speedrun 1 time, only with the knowlage of this 1 run u have the replay. We managed first try easy below 9 minutes. Got a little scripot error, cause we killd everythink in north first, after this the south base, the missin kill 3 spawncamps in north, was broken then. Anyways endwave got triggert even bevor one single atk wave appears
 

 

This time with Replay

Restoring Lyr Treim Wanky 14.41 FIRST TRY Treim Pur Frost defence.pmv

Edited by wanky
RookieN likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2021 at 12:11 AM, wanky said:

Have played the whole thing again. 

My part: Again the defense, this time with Pur frost. 

Treim has played the map for the first time, have told him hardly noteworthy things about the map. 

Played the map Casual, and First try with 14minutes 41 seconds finished. 

The defensive part is relatively easy with Pur frost. 

The attacking part in the north I quote from treim: "the attacking part was very easy. You can cliff extremely well with e.g. white hunters. It is relatively unclear where to go first. From t3 it is then much too easy. The attack in the north is very small, there should definitely be more. The energy level is massively too high due to the many wells. If both players have made the first camp is one already T3 that is almost absurdly fast, on expert I would see an abomination there. The other camps should be adjusted with units that you can tackle it with t3.

Possible changes: 
-More patrullia in the north, so you have to use the energy (like Insane God).
-Adapt the camps to the corresponding orbs. (There can be much stronger units in the camp, take examples from Crusade, Nightmares maps Titans etc.)
-Attack in the north take a few XL units with purely

 

 

UPDATE: We played the map with feed speedrun 1 time, only with the knowlage of this 1 run u have the replay. We managed first try easy below 9 minutes. Got a little scripot error, cause we killd everythink in north first, after this the south base, the missin kill 3 spawncamps in north, was broken then. Anyways endwave got triggert even bevor one single atk wave appears
 

 

This time with Replay

Restoring Lyr Treim Wanky 14.41 FIRST TRY Treim Pur Frost defence.pmv 35.4 kB · 1 download

Yep Im currently reworking the north especially 🙂 with the quests and such, looking good so far 😉

5 hours ago, Emmaerzeh said:

Very nice map.
Beautiful mapart. Btw we rly need mapartist for our team. Feel free to apply if u want.  🙂
Nice variety of defending and attacking.

in general way too easy balancewise.

Kind regards

Thank you so much! 🙂 Yeah there are much more work and detail to be done here, this is just a very small part 😉 focusing on the scripts and balancing/bug fixing ATM. This is my first map ever so learning everything as i go here, never did it on the OG either 😄 but taking my time because i want it to have quality and feel like a "real" BF map. But have learnt so much of the editor and scripting so next map will be much cleaner and even better 🙂 Yeah maybe been thinking of applying 🙂

//RookieN

Emmaerzeh likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

A section on the wall at the starting base cannot be accessed by units because it's blocked by terrain.

Also encountered the problem that if you destroy the bases before reaching the wagon the bases are marked as not destroyed until you kill the main base, at which point the quests proceed.

As far as aesthetics are concerned, I think the cliffs and edges of the mountains look way too clean and steep. They look, well, modeled by a "raise terrain"-tool and artificial. Take a look at some of the snow and mountain maps in the game to see how they made them look more natural. But that's probably polish to get to once you are completely satisfied with the layout and everything.

In the north, I'd move the insta-kill flames back a bit. If you place your army on the small available space before them then melee units can get aggroed into the flames by twilight ranged units.

Flying units behave a bit weirdly. They kind of follow the paths that is also accessible to ground entities but at the same time often soar up really high. So after all is said and done, also check the traversable terrain for flyers.

Edited by Cocofang
RookieN and Dallarian like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cocofang said:

A section on the wall at the starting base cannot be accessed by units because it's blocked by terrain.

Also encountered the problem that if you destroy the bases before reaching the wagon the bases are marked as not destroyed until you kill the main base, at which point the quests proceed.

As far as aesthetics are concerned, I think the cliffs and edges of the mountains look way too clean and steep. They look, well, modeled by a "raise terrain"-tool and artificial. Take a look at some of the snow and mountain maps in the game to see how they made them look more natural. But that's probably polish to get to once you are completely satisfied with the layout and everything.

In the north, I'd move the insta-kill flames back a bit. If you place your army on the small available space before them then melee units can get aggroed into the flames by twilight ranged units.

Flying units behave a bit weirdly. They kind of follow the paths that is also accessible to ground entities but at the same time often soar up really high. So after all is said and done, also check the traversable terrain for flyers.

Thank you for the feedback! Will take a look at the flames 😉 mostly everything is being reworked in the north as i speak. Yeah the mapdesign and aesthetics will improve alot as you said for the moment its a "placeholder" to atleast be playable 😄 it will look more nice and crisp when the core play are working well. My first priority is to have the objectives run smoothly and working well, then i will focus on just "cleaning" it up. All this feedback helps alot thank you again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I played [first game on adv] as green and went south.

Tier 2 felt slightly too easy to get, perhaps too much power on the map?
Also I wish the timer before attack waves was slightly longer, so I could make use of my T4 technology before it gets crushed into ground.

The map seemed to be rather fast and that's bad. It's too detailed to spend so little time on it!

RookieN likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RookieN changed the title to Restoring Lyr - Need play testing and feedback - UPDATE 2 Out!

Imo u should be attacked from north at t1 earlier so u cant clear south together, or at least need multitasking.

i couldnt mount the north wall,  also there is nearly no room to build defences behind north wall cause all the ships and stuff.

North attacks too much twilight dragons and dancers for my taste.

 I would let the north attacks be triggert by timer not by clearing other camps.

At least its my impression the timer for final attacks started when we cleared the top left camp. didnt look into scripts.

 

Kind regards

Edited by Emmaerzeh
RookieN likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Emmaerzeh said:

Imo u should be attacked from north at t1 earlier so u cant clear south together, or at least need multitasking.

i couldnt mount the north wall,  also there is nearly no room to build defences behind north wall cause all the ships and stuff.

North attacks too much twilight dragons and dancers for my taste.

 I would let the north attacks be triggert by timer not by clearing other camps.

At least its my impression the timer for final attacks started when we cleared the top left camp. didnt look into scripts.

 

Kind regards

Must have missed that when i was redoing the quests, will take a look into that,

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just played the map on advanced. The map was really fun to play. We tried it with buffed WBG's. 

However, there is 1 point that was strange to me. In the top right, there was a timer. When it hit 1.40 minutes left, nothing spawned anymore. which made our newly constructed defense useless. 

Besides that, great map and will definitely try it on expert as well

RookieN likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DutchyDutchy said:

I just played the map on advanced. The map was really fun to play. We tried it with buffed WBG's. 

However, there is 1 point that was strange to me. In the top right, there was a timer. When it hit 1.40 minutes left, nothing spawned anymore. which made our newly constructed defense useless. 

Besides that, great map and will definitely try it on expert as well

Awesome to hear! will look into the waves script again 😄 there is currently no other difficulty, if this update feels pretty stable besides some minor tweaks and adjustments i will focus all work on difficulties 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RookieN changed the title to Restoring Lyr - Need play testing and feedback - UPDATE 2.1 Out!
On 9/22/2021 at 6:19 PM, DutchyDutchy said:

I noticed the expert was the same as advanced when I tried it 😛 . What difficulty do you target with the current balancing?

Hey finally got to work on difficulties trying to figure balancing out and how it works. First update is out with different difficulties working. Need to get a feel from players about what they think it feels like. I think it might be "pretty" good right now 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

The way it felt with the 2 games I played, it was about advanced difficulty. On expert I wouldn't say we need more difficult waves, but more waving overall with less downtime between them. for example, not waiting till the previous wave is ll dealt with, but non stop waves ( or almost). 

RookieN likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DutchyDutchy said:

The way it felt with the 2 games I played, it was about advanced difficulty. On expert I wouldn't say we need more difficult waves, but more waving overall with less downtime between them. for example, not waiting till the previous wave is ll dealt with, but non stop waves ( or almost). 

Did it feel Advanced on both adv and expert?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RookieN changed the title to Restoring Lyr - Need play testing and feedback - UPDATE 2.2 Out!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use