Ironman mode/ solo mode

Clouds

I just recently  wanted to start a new account that I will be playing with NO TRADE and NO MARKETPLACE restrictions.
So you will be only able to play with the cards and build decks around the cards you get from buying packs or get through achievements.

This has several benefits and is based on the formula that Runsecape and Oldschool Runescape have added to their game modes, called: Ironman mode.

It allows for:

- To strategize and make us of the resources you have at hand. So more "useless" or less played cards will get used in-game and new strategies will be formed around them.

- Replay value for people who already own all the "interesting" cards and upgrades. For me personally the will to play came from grinder for BFP to buy the cards I wanted. But once achieved, it left me in a void not having a real goal to strive for and as a result I lost interest. 
Making a game mode where you will have to make do with what you have and grind for cards you need or want to have to complete your deck is on a much bigger scale. This will give you a much bigger sense of accomplishment when making progress.

- The pack buying process adds a whole new dimension to the strategic concept. You might have to think about which cards fit well with the ones you have now before building out an ideal deck from the start. This way, players don't immediately jump to the most powerful cards such as Batarial and Enlightment, but rather have to go for a well rounded deck first with "average" and more "common" cards in order to progress in the game.

- Probably some other topics I'm not thinking about at the moment...

Currently it is impossible to make a new account due to multi-account restrictions.
Would I have to delete my existing account to start anew or how does this work if I want to go about making such an account?

Making a new playstyle with simple account restrictions like this will open a whole new game + discussion panel on the forums about strategies and tactics of which people think of.
It also let's people know in game that you are playing with cards you pulled yourself, so you are more restricted in the strategies you adopt. You will have to coordinate with your team members on a bigger scale to complete certain aspects of the game. It will also be much more rewarding.

So I think it could be cool.

Just a suggestion :)

Edited by Clouds

i like the idea. but the multiacc aspect is high.

Maby if u can creat a 2nd acc with your curerend Email with disablet Trade functions? (no marketplace, no messages trages, no direct trade) witch make it IMPOSSIBLE to give away the cards. and then the only way u can spend your BFP is Buy new booster packs. 

maby this could be a idea?

KserSke, Dallarian, Volin and 1 other like this

We can have multiple profiles (limited on SR to one only, and actually selection skipped) on same account (login data).

If there was possibility to add account described by Wanky... That's very interesting.

I wonder how difficult it would be to implement, but it seem to be really interesting idea as a side activity.

Yeah for sure!

In Runescape it is also shown with an icon in front of the name (in this case it is a grey helmet). 
So people from the outside know that this person is "self made", meaning he acquired everything he owns by himself.
Outsiders know that the person is operating under way more restrictions and therefor respect, applaud and celebrate their achievements.

For the player himself it is also a token to be proud of as building out a deck will become way more of e personal grind than just buying it straight from the market (long term commitments vs immediate satisfaction). It also allows the creation of a community for like minded people who are playing with the same restrictions. Often "clans" and special chats are formed to discuss restriction strategy and to help players starting out to progress in the game mode.

It brought new life in the game of Runescape, as veterans who had already achieved their goals in the game had a chance to test their game knowledge and experience the often "un-played" or "skipped" mid game, being the common and uncommon cards for Skylords reborn.

How would we go about proposing an idea like this to the game devs? 
Do I just wait till one notices my post?

Thanks for the brainstorm btw!

4 hours ago, Clouds said:

Yeah for sure!

In Runescape it is also shown with an icon in front of the name (in this case it is a grey helmet). 
So people from the outside know that this person is "self made", meaning he acquired everything he owns by himself.
Outsiders know that the person is operating under way more restrictions and therefor respect, applaud and celebrate their achievements.

For the player himself it is also a token to be proud of as building out a deck will become way more of e personal grind than just buying it straight from the market (long term commitments vs immediate satisfaction). It also allows the creation of a community for like minded people who are playing with the same restrictions. Often "clans" and special chats are formed to discuss restriction strategy and to help players starting out to progress in the game mode.

It brought new life in the game of Runescape, as veterans who had already achieved their goals in the game had a chance to test their game knowledge and experience the often "un-played" or "skipped" mid game, being the common and uncommon cards for Skylords reborn.

How would we go about proposing an idea like this to the game devs? 
Do I just wait till one notices my post?

Thanks for the brainstorm btw!

Devs probably already seen it, and may answer SoonTM (if it suits them).

It is a correct forum cathegory for the idea.

I only play true ethical SSF hardcore. I give away every meta card I draw because it is unethical to keep it. When I lose a map, I delete every card upgrade I used on that map because it's not true ethical SSF hardcore otherwise. I disenchant every meta upgrade I land because it is unrealistic to ever get the upgrade I want in true ethical SSF hardcore. I skip XL units because they are unethical powerhouses. Every time a Cursed Orb or Cursed Well drops, I immediately remove a random card from my current deck to increase the challenge. I've had beginner chat and strategy chat disabled since I got my closed beta invite because player interaction gave too much advantage. I've sent at least 84 emails to the Skylords devs over the years asking for unlimited ignore player space so I can make sure that no one talks to me when I'm in the forge. I read and listen to every NPC callout, unit quote and lore entry to fully immerse myself in the true ethical SSF hardcore experience. Every time I go into this general and read the word "meta", "trading", "amii monument", "batariel", "nightguard", "mark of the keeper", so on and so on, I've stolen at least a dozen credit cards from my parents to pay for the patreon to show my support for the Skylords devs and the true hardcore game that they have revived. Why do you self-proclaimed SSF hardcores even try to pretend that you're truly SSF hardcore? You make me fucking sick.

3 hours ago, Cocofang said:

I only play true ethical SSF hardcore. I give away every meta card I draw because it is unethical to keep it. When I lose a map, I delete every card upgrade I used on that map because it's not true ethical SSF hardcore otherwise. I disenchant every meta upgrade I land because it is unrealistic to ever get the upgrade I want in true ethical SSF hardcore. I skip XL units because they are unethical powerhouses. Every time a Cursed Orb or Cursed Well drops, I immediately remove a random card from my current deck to increase the challenge. I've had beginner chat and strategy chat disabled since I got my closed beta invite because player interaction gave too much advantage. I've sent at least 84 emails to the Skylords devs over the years asking for unlimited ignore player space so I can make sure that no one talks to me when I'm in the forge. I read and listen to every NPC callout, unit quote and lore entry to fully immerse myself in the true ethical SSF hardcore experience. Every time I go into this general and read the word "meta", "trading", "amii monument", "batariel", "nightguard", "mark of the keeper", so on and so on, I make sure to thrust my giant vibrating dildo one to three times to punish myself accordingly for tainting my TESSFHC experience. I've stolen at least a dozen credit cards from my parents to pay for the patreon to show my support for the Skylords devs and the true hardcore game that they have revived. Why do you self-proclaimed SSF hardcores even try to pretend that you're truly SSF hardcore? You make me fucking sick.

Wtf? A little too hard on the gas there. Also I don't even know what SSF means even after looking it up. 

Volin likes this