Moloch needs buff

Behemothx

Tho I completely agree with the TO, just to lower expectations: I personally would not expect this to be high on the list of priorities. Fire got some decent buffs and is by far in the best state it ever was. Would not be surprised if this changes will take some time.

Though looking forward too for some buffs there.

Hrdina_Imperia likes this

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2023 at 6:04 PM, Metagross31 said:

There are already balancing discussions for Moloch going on in the balancing discord:

I did miss quite a lot there as its hard to keep up reading, but do you know what happened to the idea someone had to give Moloch an active ability to spread lava all around him? Even Moloch´s Card-Art suggests that he can spit fire from his back 😮 

Edited by Xamos

• 5 months later...

Imo the card doesn't belong into fire at all.
It is extremely defensive and slow. That's something I'd expect from a frost or stonekin card, but not from a T4 mono fire card. 
And yes, it needs a change. 350 Energy for a creature that moves slow, cant even attack air and also gets CCd / stuck in pathfinding is terrible. Even the stats aren't that great. 

Imo if it stays Fire, it should lose the "Slow" affix, and/or make it immune to CC, and not be affected by collision/slow. That way it would maybe find a place in PvE. The unit is just so painful to watch. It never actually gets to attack. Why would anyone spend 350 energy on it when Batariel exists? 

Again, it also doesn't thematically fit the fire faction. It is much better suited as a mono T4 frost card. Maybe give it a paint job and put it into the frost/stonekin faction.

Edit: If it stays fire, it needs its own distinctive role. It cannot compete with Batariel as a melee unit. It's lazy, but I'd just give it 10000 attack and 3000 HP or something. Fire doesn't have a T4 artillery unit, which would actually thematically fit the fire faction.
So a siege turtle with 10k attack and 100% Siege dmg would be cool. With another damage type, it would just become a red tortugun. Or maybe make it a semi-caster that spawns lava fields with every attack or something. A T4 artillery mono fire unit would be pretty great. And finally have a unit break the 10000 damage mark (keeping it 350 energy cost)

Edited by ManGa
Cryswar likes this

On 7/5/2023 at 1:01 AM, ManGa said:

It is extremely defensive and slow. That's something I'd expect from a frost or stonekin card, but not from a T4 mono fire card. 
And yes, it needs a change. 350 Energy for a creature that moves slow, cant even attack air and also gets CCd / stuck in pathfinding is terrible. Even the stats aren't that great. 

Imo if it stays Fire, it should lose the "Slow" affix, and/or make it immune to CC, and not be affected by collision/slow. That way it would maybe find a place in PvE. The unit is just so painful to watch. It never actually gets to attack. Why would anyone spend 350 energy on it when Batariel exists? 

Again, it also doesn't thematically fit the fire faction. It is much better suited as a mono T4 frost card. Maybe give it a paint job and put it into the frost/stonekin faction.

Edit: If it stays fire, it needs its own distinctive role. It cannot compete with Batariel as a melee unit. It's lazy, but I'd just give it 10000 attack and 3000 HP or something. Fire doesn't have a T4 artillery unit, which would actually thematically fit the fire faction.
So a siege turtle with 10k attack and 100% Siege dmg would be cool. With another damage type, it would just become a red tortugun. Or maybe make it a semi-caster that spawns lava fields with every attack or something. A T4 artillery mono fire unit would be pretty great. And finally have a unit break the 10000 damage mark (keeping it 350 energy cost)

I have been playing now few weeks Moloch rpve deck for fun. And it is very very strong. Hard to think anything what would survive better. Alone it's not great, but when you have 3 they are almost impossible to stop and 4 is train what cannot be stopped. You can just enter camps without worry when you remember to buff them with bloodshirt and unity. Specially against LS and fire it's very strong.

It is not fastest deck but not every deck need to be fast. Its fun deck.

You can execute very different playstyle with them. Likeyou do not need to hurry destroy spawn, you can simply attack boss 1st and when it's done finish rest. Only problem is ofcourse flying units and bosses. What I usually do is that I ignore flying bosses, let someone else kill them, or if it's deadend camp what I usually avoid going, I leave building as spawn near and when I have power later on I spawn dragons to finish that boss.

It's so fun when you hit LS double camp and there is like 8 LS dragons all over and they cant do nothing to my beasts. 🙂 LS and Fire both are ranged attack heavy so thats why Moloch really shine against them.

It has happen many times against fire that I have been rekt when I have played my other deck, against fire you kinda need to destroy base little by little with some decks because spike damage from all the towers and mobs is just too high. No problem at all with Molochs.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 11:28 AM, Volin said:

Tho I completely agree with the TO, just to lower expectations: I personally would not expect this to be high on the list of priorities. Fire got some decent buffs and is by far in the best state it ever was. Would not be surprised if this changes will take some time.

Though looking forward too for some buffs there.

Fire is not on good spot, maybe early game fire, and pvp fire, but late game pure fire is complete trash, is the worst pure color, loosing to even frost, all because the lack of sustainability, what fire needs its a spell that help units stay in the fight, doesnt matter if they have high dmg, if they are already dead.

On 7/4/2023 at 7:01 PM, ManGa said:

you missed the point of moloch, its not supposed to compete with batarial, its suppose to be a tank, sure some colors are better at some stuff than others, but that doesnt mean they can only do that, Moloch should stay at fire, maybe reduce his power as a buff, but the 90% dmg reduction its exacly what fire needs, maybe ad a swapable option to moloch, that its either negating 90% of range or 90% of melee, cuz it gets destroyed when in melee rn, because fire has no sustainability, or maybe buff bloodthirst

1 hour ago, Lobo23 said:

but late game pure fire is complete trash, is the worst pure color, loosing to even frost, all because the lack of sustainability,

Never seen a late game scenario where fire is not anywhere between viable and A-tier. Where do you struggle with pure fire after T3? Perhaps I can help

Edited by Volin
Metagross31 likes this

Unity B + Bloodthirst is very strong sustain and tankiness. Even crazier when paired with a Moloch.

Bloodthirst was already buffed multiple times and I would even argue that it's totally overloaded right now. Then again, it carries fire sustain on its back. And it even synergizes with Unity because the damage distribution can trigger the heal.

The only think pure fire lacks is out-of-combat healing. But during combat a fire army can top itself off very quickly.

Metagross31 likes this