Jaymy

Hello peoples,

since official release an issue emerges, more clearly every week. :o

2v2 appears to be almost unplayable. Not because of any issues with the game itself... No, its just not enough teams, searching for matchups at the same time. If you're lucky, there are 1-2 other Teams, which results in maybe 3-5 games. But that's it basically, like I said, if you're lucky.

Since 2v2 is my favourite gamemode, maybe even the reason why I play Skylords Reborn at all, I'm quite frustrated about this issue.

So, I have a proposal! ^_^

All people who like to play 2v2 ranked come together on maybe 1-2 days a week, at certain timeframes, so that there are at least enough teams for consecutive matchups. 

My first suggestion would be:

Every Saturday 16:00 - 20:00 (UTC +1/ MEZ)

What do you think? 

Kind regards!

LordJay

Edited by Saruman

Contact the 1-2 other teams in-game for better information flow, or even send in-game mails to people on top of 2v2 scoreboard.

As you know, popularity is a problem, so you should want to contact all of them to increase chances of your success.

Jaymy likes this

3 minutes ago, Dallarian said:

Contact the 1-2 other teams in-game for better information flow, or even send in-game mails to people on top of 2v2 scoreboard.

As you know, popularity is a problem, so you should want to contact all of them to increase chances of your success.

Yes. Already trying to maintain communication with some other teams. Good point with them ingame mails! ^_^

On 3/20/2021 at 2:30 PM, Dallarian said:

Just send around 150 ingame mails to ppl on 1v1 board :P  again some ppl wanna try to play this saturday! lets see ;)

Volin and Dallarian like this

To prevent waiting forever, maybe see how many people are in queue so you know if you want to queue up too? And you joining a queue would be visible for others who want to play but are unsure if they'd wait forever? Y'know, keep the game moving forward and making it more user friendly in all aspects

Jaymy and Metagross31 like this

On 3/25/2021 at 8:20 PM, anonyme0273 said:

To prevent waiting forever, maybe see how many people are in queue so you know if you want to queue up too? And you joining a queue would be visible for others who want to play but are unsure if they'd wait forever? Y'know, keep the game moving forward and making it more user friendly in all aspects

Well, the problem with typing something like that in chat is that anyone worse will leave the queue and someone better will come for free ELO (since you're guaranteed to match). There's already enough ranked sniping going on in 1v1 and in that case there's still a bunch of people queuing ranked, whereas in this situation it's literally just the one team.

Jaymy likes this

20 hours ago, Eirias said:

Well, the problem with typing something like that in chat is that anyone worse will leave the queue and someone better will come for free ELO (since you're guaranteed to match). There's already enough ranked sniping going on in 1v1 and in that case there's still a bunch of people queuing ranked, whereas in this situation it's literally just the one team.

I guess I didn't explain the idea properly. This would be a system feature, not a thing people themselves do. So when/before you queue up, the system shows the amount of people in the queue in the UI for others to see - not specific names. Just as you see the amount of open matches in any given map (sparring PvP, rPvE, campaign maps...) you'd see the amount of enqueued players/teams for ranked matches and thus know if you'd get a match or just waste your time waiting and hoping.

Jaymy likes this

• 2 weeks later...

Would being able to HOST ranked games be a solution? I find it a bit annoying I can easily find 2vs2 in Sparring Grounds, but its almost impossible to play it on ladder. In theory you have the risk of people feeding other teams, but at the same time: for what? There are no rewards, and the team feeding will spend time while crushing their own record. There are quite a lot of multiplayer games that have the option of hosting ranked and unranked games, would this maybe solve some problems?