Posts posted by Maze
- updated server generated images (should now render a lot faster)
- updated toggle affinity differences to now work with button instead of pressing "Ctrl"
- added card names to the miniature basic card images
- added number of upgrades per rarity and map to the maps page
- updated header quick access link tabs to have enough space to not switch to scrolling on large screens
- moved Batariel/Satanael/Lost Grigori into their own unit model category as they have enough differences from other "Behemoths" (like their death animation) to warrant their own category "Balrog"
- renamed Forest Elder/Bloodhorn unit model category from "Predator" to "Canine"
- fixed some enums that are exposed through the cards api
- added simple booster and map pages for a quick overview of booster contents (e.g. https://smj.cards/boosters/7) and upgrades available from the respective maps (e.g. https://smj.cards/maps/4-8). was already possible before, through the main page filters and also with more filter and sorter options, but the new quick overviews might make things easier to quickly browse through the relevant cards if you think the filters on the main page are too clunky.
The quick access link tabs in the header will be consolidated into overarching group tabs soon, as they already cause the need to scroll through them.
- updated unit model category names to not clash with unit species/class names (namely Ancient, Gladiator, Giant, Ogre)
- added more related cards categories and moved them to a separate tab on the respective card page (more will follow soon)
- added enums to the cards api (https://smj.cards/api/cards) to make it easier for people, who want to use the smj cards api, to understand the smj specific values. alongside this, building and spell classes were reverted back to descriptive names instead of number values.
- added new main page card filters:
- card power cost, damage, health (with operator inputs)
- ability name/description (with option to use Regular Expressions to refine the ability filtering)
- upgrade level to refine the above mentioned filters on a specific upgrade level (changing this option will also change the card image and abilities on hover)
- unit models (accessible at the bottom of the "Other Filters" section)
The Unit Model categories are not official, but were manually chosen to define the differences and similarities as good as possible. The categorizations are mostly based on movement, idle and cheer animations, not their actual appearances, since this felt more natural and also to not end up with more than double the number of categories due to minor stylistic differences among the cards in a category, as there are already 30 categories. Let me know if you think other names would fit better, for the categories.
Thanks for the feedback. 🙂8 hours ago, Xamos said:
One thing I´d now wish for would be that if a card has an ability that only affects a certain unit type, that all cards of the unit type would now show up in the "related cards" section *-*
(F.e. all Beasts would show up on Amazon(g)´s page; thugs would show up on striker´s page and vice versa) but no stress, maybe you already had this in mind? just something that´d be cool in the future and would help with deckbuilding and finding synergies.
I planned to add something like related models, counters/countered by or something like that soon, but what you suggested is actually a really nice idea, a bit of work though, since most synergy connections would need to be added manually, I think, but absolutely something I can add. ^^
- added related cards, card description and card abilities to the general info tab on the card pages
- updated card tooltip to now also show card abilities with an option to compare differences between affinities, when pressing "Ctrl" (there might still be some bugs)
1. Increase turret turn speed.
2. Breeze of Life (g) / Breeze of Strength (b):
A. Maximum capacity: 1500 ➜ 3000
B. Recharge rate: 15 per second ➜ 40 per second
C. Radius: 20m ➜ 25m
3. Breeze of Strength, Ice Shield cost: 495 capacity ➜ 600 capacity
I found a potential error:Quote
2. Breeze of Life (g) / Breeze of Strength (b):
B. Recharge rate: 15 per second ➜ 40 per second
Recharge rate seems to have only been changed for the nature affinity, as the frost affinity still says 15 per second in the in game ability tooltip.
- added option to delete own created community decks (accessible through the account button in page header)
- updated community decks page to remove the expand and close option for the tags display, since it's not needed
- added community decks table option to adjust number of rows per page, with the options: 10, 25, 50, 100 decks per page (25 by default, was 3 by accident for development purposes)
- fixed community decks table page when filters are changed to go back to the first page
- fixed community decks sorting
major update, version 0.2.3:
- added new community decks feature and related things like discord login authentication and deck database to keep track of the added decks
- other adjustments and fixes that would probably be to many to write here
Community Decks ( https://smj.cards/community/decks )
- choose between pve and pvp decks
- filter pve decks by orb order, achievement, map, difficulty, position and if they are recommended for speedruns, (semi-)solo play or the current map of the month for rpve
- filter pvp decks by orb order and map
- view details about decks, like prices, deck codes, and for which achievements they count towards
- view related forum post if one was provided by the deck creator
- copy the deck code directly from the deck table
- view which orb order the decks are intended to be played with
- vote for your favorite decks to make it easier for other players to find the most amazing of decks (discord login authentication needed)
- view deck tags to see if the deck can be played on different maps/difficulties/positions or whether or not it is played with an orb switch and more
- sort by highest/lowest voted and newest/oldest
Add Community Decks ( https://smj.cards/community/decks/add )
- select the cards of the deck directly or import an in game code (cards are automatically sorted by tier->type->color->SMJ ID to make it easier to compare them in the table overview)
- choose the orb order with which the deck is played and whether or not an orb switch is necessary
- add the deck as either a pve or pvp deck with different map selection options
- for pvp decks choose if it is best played on specific pvp maps or any, 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2
- for pve decks choose all the maps the decks is good/optimal for and select the highest suggested difficulty, which positions and whether or not it is also good for speedruns, solo play and or the current map of the month for rpve maps
- add a forum link to a forum post or comment to provide more info on how best to use or the idea behind the deck which is also relevant if you want to be able to explain which community maps specifically you suggest the deck be used for
- check if the deck can be used to complete specific achievements that require a specific deck composition (no selection needed since the filtering on the overview page takes care of that and automatically filters the valid decks)
- add your personal favorite decks to the database (discord login authentication needed)
- there is currently no feature to update already added decks yet, but it may be added next/at some point
Discord Login Authentication
Logging in with your discord account is only used for identification to be able to create new community decks and vote on them. Only your publicly available Discord User ID is attached to the decks you created and voted on and no other user data is being stored for now. There may be features down the line that would allow you to store your user specific data like the locally stored favorite cards/lists/decks and personal prices in a database to make porting it over to a new device or syncronizing data between devices easier. As well as connecting the website user with the bot settings to update your bot price notifications from your browser, but these things remain open for now, and may or may not be added at some point.
- updated the changed cards including affinities, abilities and values
- added new achievementes that are checked for the selected deck on deck page, with the new achievement images following at a later date
- updated new cards to not be displayed as "not released yet" anymore
- updated upgrade maps for the new cards
- added main page column settings modal for selecting only columns that are of interest to you and moved resetting columns to this new modal component
- updated api deck image generator to have a standard scaling of 0.5
- fixed main page sorting and resetting of the column order
- updated main page column headers click sorrting, so that the clickable area is bigger and the active ascending/descending indicator arrow is colored
- added indicator for when new data could be available. When the api next load count down reaches 0, the ( i ) icon will change into a colored flame icon to indicate that refreshing the page may result in updated prices
- added main page column Total Difference of Current to Median (DCM) and updated previous Difference column to now be the Relative Difference of Current to Median (DCM)
- added main page columns "Personal Price", "Total DCP" and "Relative DCP" (DCM= Difference of Current to Personal Price), with which it is possible to set personal prices with which the current prices can be compared, to be able to make a quick decision of whether or not you think it's worth to sell/buy a specific card at that moment. all personally set prices are saved in your browser, so that you do't need to enter them every time you open a new page. Prices can either be set with the "Apply" button or by pressing "Enter" while the input field is selected
- added the functionality of changing the column order by dragging and dropping the header at the drag handles, the changed column order will also be saved in your browser and can be reset to the default with an added reset button in the top-left most cell. there are still some visual issues that need to be fixed, like header cells disappering behind other header cells while dragging one. having diferent column widths was also causing issues when sorting the columns, which is why the were set to the same width
- updated the maximum width of the virtual window on the main page to now be the full width of it's container, due to the newly added columns, which may cause the table to not be as wide as the window itself on very wide monitors
- updated deck page displayed deck name to still be "No Name" if no deck name is chosen, but it won't be selected as such, so when editing a new deck, the deck name input field is empty.
- updated display of 1W notables to save on display space. now anywhere there is no week indicator will always be the notable prices of the last week.
- added achievements info to the deck page, to show which of the deck restricted achievements can be completed with the given deck. also includes tooltip tooltips with the description of the respective achievements.
- added a development info page, accessible through the version indicator at the bottom of the website
- added sorting by difference to the main page (increase/decrease of current price compared to median price)
- added functionality to apply sorters on the main page table by clicking on most of the column headers. if the sorter that is clicked is currently the first sorter in the sorters list, the sorter will be flipped, otherwise all currently set sorter will be reset and the clicked column will be set as the first sorter in ascending order
- added full card image tooltips with current and median price to every basic card image that links to the respective card pages, except on the main page, since the virtual window runs into some graphical issues if a tooltip exceeds the bounds of the virtual window, which the new tool tip does nearly all the time.
- updated url paths that redirect to the respective card pages.
- before it was: https://smj.cards/[id] which would redirect to the card page, where [id] was equal to the smj id, official id or the card slug
- now it is: https://smj.cards/[code] or https://smj.cards/card?code=[code] which redirects to the card page, where [code] is any of the supported code types and if the codes containes more than one card, the first valid card is selected to be redirected to
this doesn't change the functionality when using smj ids and widens the usage to the new supported code types, as well as not causing the overlap of https://smj.cards/404 which is the official id of "Nox Trooper", but is actually the "Page Not Found" page. The only thing that isn't supported anymore are card slugs, but are still supported and used on the pages that are redirected to, so https://smj.cards/card/[slug] is still the main path for any of the card pages
8 minutes ago, Mynoduesp said:
Damn @Maze your site came far... 🤯
All I'm missing is the buymeacoffee link. ;D
It wouldn't be right to receive money for working on a website that relies on a project where none of the people working on it receive any kind of monetary compensation for it. This is also why I don't add any adds to the page, well this and I don't want to cause any problems that could jeopardize the project as a whole. I also don't really rely on additional financial income and view the smj website as a really fun project to put my time into, get creative and hone my skills with, but not that I would have to tell you about dedication to the project. 😁
- updated creator to not scroll to the top, when the reset everything button is clicked
- updated official card ids code to now be a comma separated list of official card ids, but now enclosed in square brackets, to be parsable in-game. (official ids without the brackets are still parsable on the website) this also solves the previous edge case of decoding one card as an official id, with "" == "1640," and "1640," != "1640"
- updated deck page deck code type visuals to indicate whether or not they are parsable in-game and added click to copy functionality to the text output fields
- updated average reforging returns on the main table page to be the average value of the card gained from reforging 4 of the card minus 4 times the 1W median price of the card, since current prices fluctuate more than median prices
- updated random deck generator open and close animation
- added the 4 new upcoming cards with basic info from the anniversery stream. they are marked as "not released yet" to prevent confusion
- updated random deck generator's orb order input to be separate from orb order output, so that the input doesn't change when no specific orb color is chosen for the respective tier
- added average reforging returns to the main table page including the option to sort by it. The displayed value is the average value of the card gained from reforging 4 of the card minus 4 times the current price of the card
- fixed some minor issues related the the random deck generator
- added Type Tier Split option to the random deck generator, with which it is possible to choose how many cards of a given type and tier there should be in the randomly generated deck (1 t1 ground unit of the t1 orb color is still hard set, so that the genearated decks are are actually playable)
- fixed heatmap category axis and last row
- added random deck generator to the deck page (can be opened with an expand button next to the "ADD" butto at the top) with the following adjustment features (more options will follow):
- No Duplicate Cards (like promo versions and different affinities), which is active by default
- No Neutral Cards
- Select Orb Order by yourself (any non colored orb will be randomly switched to a colored orb)
There are currently also the following hard set card selection filters:
- at least 1 t1 ground unit of the t1 orb color
Skylords Marketplace Journal (SMJ)
- fixed some issues with the boosters, maps and related cards features
- removed "None" map from maps page, since it is not relevant for upgrade checking, which the maps page is intended for
- added "Forum Link" as a filter option of the community decks to only show decks which have more info on the deck itself through the creator providing a link to the related forum post
- added outliers option to the Short Term Buyouts chart to show ouliers (troll prices), as they are now hidden by default to not cause cause the graphs to be unusable when outliers are present (cut off values ate static for now and were chosen manually so some cards may still experience outliers, or prices that could be considered regular are cut off, like with Raven Archwalker)
- improved caching, so most data/images should now load a lot faster