Why we can't have nice things.

Ca7

By far not the worst example, but still. (He might have gotten them all, but to me this looks more like a filthy no life reseller buying up 3BFP cards and trying to make minor stonks, other times prices can be mad, just buying out something and... you know how it goes.)

(removed video deskripton: scrolling over one page full of 1 common card being sold for a ok-ish price* by one single person. (*more often than not, price is not ok and this whole concept while somewhat effective, and maybe entertaining to some, is a waste of time, and while what a waste of time is, is up for debate, thanks to such players, it's a fact, you will have to grind for longer to get what you want.)

Edited by Ca7
Video showing name removed.

Hello there,

As frustrating as this matter maybe, please refrain from public reporting/badmouthing players. This is against our rules. Therefore I have deleted your attached video naming the player. To the matter at hand, while this practice may be unpleasant, it's not against our rules for now.

Metagross31 likes this

2 hours ago, Ultrakool said:

To the matter at hand, while this practice may be unpleasant, it's not against our rules for now.

For now? The economy being completely free for people to do with as they please was, at least for me, one of the cornerstones of BattleForge. Ya got enough BFPs to buy all the Promos then rise their prices by a few thousan and resell them to others? Good for you. Got enough patience to buy 3BFP cards and resell them for 5 to those in need of charges? Cheeky but smart! All those tactics are already on the verge of death anyway with Boosters and cards being a looot more common than they once were. I sincerely am hoping for the ingame economy to stay as untouched and unregulated as possible.

15 hours ago, Ultrakool said:

Hello there,

As frustrating as this matter maybe, please refrain from public reporting/badmouthing players. This is against our rules. Therefore I have deleted your attached video naming the player. To the matter at hand, while this practice may be unpleasant, it's not against our rules for now.

I meant no shaming with this post, just highlighting this as an issue.

13 hours ago, anonyme0273 said:

For now? The economy being completely free for people to do with as they please was, at least for me, one of the cornerstones of BattleForge. Ya got enough BFPs to buy all the Promos then rise their prices by a few thousan and resell them to others? Good for you. Got enough patience to buy 3BFP cards and resell them for 5 to those in need of charges? Cheeky but smart! All those tactics are already on the verge of death anyway with Boosters and cards being a looot more common than they once were. I sincerely am hoping for the ingame economy to stay as untouched and unregulated as possible.

You're one of those lost souls heh, I pity you, sure let it remain that way, but in that case, we need to have an option of getting cards without RNG and interaction with other players(and without grinding for years, a month of somewhat regular playing should get you at least 1 of every card).

4 hours ago, Loriens said:

Have no idea how you already got all promos:kappa:, I have 0, and still miss a lot of cards

Clearly he lives breaths and drinks battleforge 24/7.

1 minute ago, Ca7 said:

You're one of those lost souls heh, I pity you, sure let it remain that way, but in that case, we need to have an option of getting cards without RNG and interaction with other players(and without grinding for years, a month of somewhat regular playing should get you at least 1 of every card).

Rather be a 'lost soul' than a fucking bandit crying how tough life is because you can't do shit the proper way as everyone else.

1 minute ago, Ca7 said:

we need to have an option of getting cards without RNG and interaction with other players

What the actual fuck? WITHOUT interaction with other players? You are aware this is not a single player game, right? You don't already need to interact with people, the boosters don't talk to you when you open them. Are you delusional or just new to the game? I am seriously confused. How in real life do you not have to interact with people to get stuff? How would you imagine this goes? The staff creates universal prices for all cards that you can buy whenever you please like in a supermarket? What good multiplayer game is there without RNG or player interaction lol... what an absurd thought, what a sad joke. Seriously, name one good multiplayer game that fits your needs with a decent economy. I'll wait.

3 minutes ago, Ca7 said:

RNG can always be an option, but it being the only one is absurd.

That's why the auction house and direct trade exist. But then, sadly, you would have to talk to other people. What a tough life.

That is still next to RNG, and open to manipulation. As you said, I can do as others, climb the ladder and shit on others joining the game, tho, I very much would rather not be an ass. (Also players stop playing AH offers run out and cards remain dormant, fact is, the current system is beyond broken, with enough farming, everyone can have everything, but you will also probably have so many twilight bender shits that your game will crash.)

6 minutes ago, Ca7 said:

That is still next to RNG, and open to manipulation. As you said, I can do as others, climb the ladder and shit on others joining the game, tho, I very much would rather not be an ass. (Also players stop playing AH offers run out and cards remain dormant, fact is, the current system is beyond broken, with enough farming, everyone can have everything, but you will also probably have so many twilight bender shits that your game will crash.)

You keep repeating two things.

First, how the system is broken, without actually pointing out any real specifics. So that's a complete waste of my time to read.

Second, how high and mighty you are for not being an ass and not shitting on other players. Good for you, have a medal and go away.

Expand your reasoning and propose a detailed solution if you want any real attention, since I have a sneaky suspicion that's your goal. You likely aren't stupid enough that a complete bototm up economy revamp is almost impossible, so if you really want to see changes happen, make a real case, not this repetitive bulshit that noone cares about.

Dallarian likes this

On 5/8/2021 at 3:46 AM, anonyme0273 said:

Quoting this again, free economy might be rather ok, but not in a circle as small as this games player base. Imagine you live on a small planet with only so many toothbrushes and one factory that makes them, one person comes and buys it all, and asks you to pay half your lives savings for a toofB, sounds reasonable to me man, ain't nearly as bad in this game but still, the stupid level is enormous, and as you mentioned elsewhere, constant and sufficient influx of new players, to keep up with yours and so many others AH foolery, and their frustration, doesn't compute, I was almost sure that most of us here are old fags, making that rather unsustainable, but as I've seen there are actually some new players, but games are not so plenty, so either they are not many, or they don't stay for long, le wonder why. (and neither will I, maybe, still an addicting game, I like it, I guess, although, I did quit og, and also quit the beta, seeing nothing much actually changed, IDK)

Didnt see the video, but I see the economy as a game within the game. In RL people always theorize how economies really work, I’ve read some books about that and while a real economy is a thousand times more complex its part of my BF experience to theorize with other interested players and often test assumptions. I‘ve earned and wasted loads of BFP testing just for the sake of trying things out. 

I still totally agree with ca7‘s point that with a small playerbase you can run into serious problems, cause one player carries to much weight once we get to a low player count. What I can share from my experience is that right now, with the current player count, expected market forces resisting price manipulations are alive and well. I invite everyone to try themselves, unless you invest huge amounts of BFP and even more of your time (unholy amounts of time) things will be way harder then most people suspect.