Jump to content

The economy - for those who have plenty of time at hands


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Kubik said:

:O whre you get that median of 2000 :bf:

means that the median is bellow 750 :bf: over 2 weeks -> less than 54 :bf: per day

well the mismatch in opened vs bought booster could simply be because players have 100s unopened boosters.

You are absolutely correct...my bad...I was just checking the list and took the middle figure of the BFPs...which is totally wrong... :)

Anyhow, then things got even worse. : /

// Ponni

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction The economy is a delicate and mind-bending thing which is undoubtedly hard to control, a job I don't envy our devs for. It takes little effort to complain about complex topics like t

I hope you like the data @VolvoxGlobator@Chimaka( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) This sums up to a total of 9209 booster purchases in the time period between the 22.09 0:00 and the 05.10 0:00.

@Ponni Which developer did you ask? Getting the amount of opened boosters is easy. Getting the play time for the last x days is also possible since the reserves update, but unfortunatly not for the pe

Posted Images

On 8/25/2020 at 9:49 PM, Zyna said:

Boosters bought between 22.07 and 04.08: 1,567

The cost of these boosters: 1,567 * 450BFP = 705,150 BFP

BFP earned with quests between 22.07 and 04.08: 1,077,675 BFP

 

Boosters bought between 11.08 and 25.08: 8,799

All editions Booster with discount: 3310

All editions Booster without discount: 3505

Mixed editions Booster with discount: 500

Mixed editions Booster without discount: 391

Pure edition Booster with discount: 516

Pure edition Booster without discount: 577

The cost of these boosters: 4,261,750 BFP

BFP earned with quests between 11.08 and 25.08: 1,745,425 BFP

BFP earned with the daily boost + stored boost between 11.08 and 25.08: 2,950,013 BFP

BFP earned with the reserves between 11.08 and 25.08: 492,486 BFP

BFP earned total between 11.08 and 25.08: 5,187,924 BFP

 

Amount of players who bought at least x boosters between 11.08 and 25.08:

Amount of players who bought at least one booster: 1481

Amount of players who bought at least two boosters: 1066

Amount of players who bought at least three boosters: 827

Amount of players who bought at least four boosters: 684

Amount of players who bought at least five boosters: 569

Amount of players who bought at least six boosters: 477

Amount of players who bought at least seven boosters: 406

Amount of players who bought at least eight boosters: 345

Amount of players who bought at least nine boosters: 302

Amount of players who bought at least ten boosters: 218

Amount of players who bought at least twelve boosters: 188

Amount of players who bought at least fourteen boosters: 143

Amount of players who bought at least sixteen boosters: 96

Amount of players who bought at least eighteen boosters: 82

Amount of players who bought at least twenty boosters: 68

 

Amount of players who earned x BFP from the daily boost and reserves between 11.08 and 25.08:

Amount of players who earned any BFP via the daily boost and reserves: 2632

Amount of players who earned at least 250 BFP: 2001

Amount of players who earned at least 500 BFP: 1595

Amount of players who earned at least 750 BFP: 1348

Amount of players who earned at least 1000 BFP: 1171

Amount of players who earned at least 1500 BFP: 878

Amount of players who earned at least 2000 BFP: 667

Amount of players who earned at least 3000 BFP: 354

Amount of players who earned at least 4000 BFP: 148

Amount of players who earned at least 5000 BFP: 38

Amount of players who earned at least 6000 BFP: 9

Amount of players who earned at least 7000 BFP: 3

I added the stats for how often the different boosters were purchased in my original post about the stats.

VolvoxGlobator and Ponni like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zyna said:

I added the stats for how often the different boosters were purchased in my original post about the stats.

Thanks for posting this additional data, one question on the mixed/pure editions boosters. Do these boosters have the same drop rate as the "all" booster, eg:

Card 1: 0.5% Promo, 19.5% Ultra Rare, 80% Rare

Card 2: 15% Rare, 85% Uncommon

Card 3: 20% Uncommon, 80% Common

Card 4: Uncommon

Cards 5,6,7 and 8: Common

Or how are the boosters composed? 

// Ponni

Edited by Ponni
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ponni said:

Thanks for posting this additional data, one question on the mixed/pure editions boosters. Do these boosters have the same drop rate as the "all" booster, eg:

Card 1: 0.5% Promo, 19.5% Ultra Rare, 80% Rare

Card 2: 15% Rare, 85% Uncommon

Card 3: 20% Uncommon, 80% Common

Card 4: Uncommon

Cards 5,6,7 and 8: Common

Or how are the boosters composed? 

// Ponni

I asked this question during the stream (when they anounced the patch) and they confirmed the same droprates. As well as restricted promos (only from available pool). 

Additionaly Ladadoos said legendaries are split up between the factions (thematically), my guess being to not overinclude them (which is nice). How they're distributed exactly I don't know. Might be something on the testserver though. :)

Ponni likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, VolvoxGlobator said:

Hello,

would you mind posting data for another 14 days? Ofc, assuming retrieving these is not too annoying...

Please keep in mind that we only changed the booster prices and the required time to earn the daily boost one week ago, so we need to wait one more week for data if we want 2 weeks worth of data to look at :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 10:40 AM, Zyna said:

Please keep in mind that we only changed the booster prices and the required time to earn the daily boost one week ago, so we need to wait one more week for data if we want 2 weeks worth of data to look at :D

Feed me more data :-D

Pretty please :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks Zyna 😘

Without interpreting too much of this data, it's just amazing to see how a large enough group of ppl create a state of equilibrium on their own (given a fair playing field).

Edited by Mynoduesp
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mynoduesp said:

Thanks Zyna 😘

Without interpreting too much of this data, it's just amazing to see how a large enough group of ppl create a state of equilibrium on their own (given a fair playing field).

Thanks for the data @Zyna. I agree with you @Mynoduesp to some extent, but I will also top this with a question, is it enough?

Because, theoretically:

Every 5th booster will result in a UR card, as there are 68 UR cards it will mean (in a perfect draw) ~340 boosters needs to be opened for 1 specific UR card to be pulled. Given the number of boosters bought (9209, also assuming all boosters were opened) the total number of UR cards pulled during this period is around 1842. For each UR card it means 27 unique copies. This for a lot of popular cards like Infect, Enlightenment, Disenchant, Nether Warp, Mountaineer, Harvester, Avatar of Frost, etc. This also means in last ~2 weeks 6,75 Skylords have been able to get a UR card fully charged or 13,5 Skylords the card + one extra charge, assuming that all cards pulled will be put on the market.

I have a hunch, but will leave it here for now. Hoping though we can continue to get this data and follow it up as we go along.

// Ponni

Edited by Ponni
Link to post
Share on other sites

Zyna recently said that the peak is about 200 and 2632 in 2 weeks window which is significant increase over 170 peak and 1600 before the change. No official numbers for play time, thou, but based on the fact that players need to play much longer to get same amount it is expected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kubik said:

Zyna recently said that the peak is about 200 and 2632 in 2 weeks window which is significant increase over 170 peak and 1600 before the change. No official numbers for play time, thou, but based on the fact that players need to play much longer to get same amount it is expected.

I did not recently say this. I said this more than one month ago. Player numbers are declining right now, which is to be expected considering the upcoming reset at release. Current peak numbers are between 120-150, like I said to you on Discord 4 days ago.
wOW1coa7AyyJwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Ladadoos and VolvoxGlobator like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

:thinking: how many messages did you need to delete to get view like this?

I did not seen that 120-150 so there must have been messages between it to not fit on single screen.

and that message was reaction to someone saying it was droping, because 2632 is increase, thats why that message end with a question mark.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VolvoxGlobator said:

The main message is that amount of opened booster remained the same, which is critical. Assuming same player count.

Therefore I wouldnt be concerned that there are too much/few UR cards available due to reward system change

Perhaps not, but if we say user numbers will increase 10-fold after the release and apply statistics provided so far, we would then see 270 unique copies of a UR card in a 2 week period, which would mean 67,5 Skylords would be able to have a UR card fully charged or 135 the card plus one charge (this then out of the number from Zyna above where 2500 unique players would be 25000 and 120-150 concurrent users would be 1200-1500, and boosters opened ~92000). With that said, all users after the release will start with receiving 3 boosters initially (is that number correct?) and that will of course help at start, but not much...in the long run I am not sure it will help at all...and this is concerning. 

// Ponni

Edited by Ponni
Link to post
Share on other sites

In EA's time people can just buy any card they want (assuming they have enough money), here are all money transactions forbidden.

And for the argument of only accumulating cards, how many years will need average player to accumulate all the cards?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VolvoxGlobator said:

But "lack of UR cards" have always been the case, right? Even in EA era, wasn't it? Plus cards just keep on accumulating, the only sink being people stopping playing

You are correct, there are less UR cards for a reason and that is normal when it comes to trading card games, eg. some cards are more common than others. But, if you then restart things from scratch, everything will start from 0, people will however get a starting kit with things to kick-start everything. Then every day people can complete quests and even achievements to start building the wealth again in the community. However, point from my side here is whether this will go fast enough to keep the interest at a level which is acceptable?

Most people joining again after the reset knows the game, it is not like game is completely fresh on the shelves, right? That means everyone (read most people) know which cards are good and those which are bad and for a number of UR cards it will be like a fire sale rush initially. In the first two weeks then roughly 110 people (counting starting boosters 3 per Skylord and bought boosters based on the data from Zyna above) out of 25000 (if that would be the 10-fold increase I mentioned above) could get an UR card fully upgraded. That means ~0,05 % of the total population will get it in two weeks, then for another two weeks that will be doubled to ~1% of the population will having fully upgraded UR cards. Will that be enough?

I for one would not feel it worth while to only be on the market hunting cards I want, no, I want to play the game...I really hope though I will be lucky enough to be among the 1% in 4 weeks who actually will be able to play the game with all the good stuff it has. 

// Ponni

Edited by Ponni
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ponni said:

You are correct, there are less UR cards for a reason and that is normal when it comes to trading card games, eg. some cards are more common than others. But, if you then restart things from scratch, everything will start from 0, people will however get a starting kit with things to kick-start everything. Then every day people can complete quests and even achievements to start building the wealth again in the community. However, point from my side here is whether this will go fast enough to keep the interest at a level which is acceptable?

Most people joining again after the reset knows the game, it is not like game is completely fresh on the shelves, right? That means everyone (read most people) know which cards are good and those which are bad and for a number of UR cards it will be like a fire sale rush initially. In the first two weeks then roughly 110 people (counting starting boosters 3 per Skylord and bought boosters based on on the data from Zyna above) out of 25000 (if that would the 10-fold increase I mentioned above) could get an UR card fully upgraded. That means ~0,05 % of the total population will get it in two weeks, then for another two weeks that will be doubled to ~1% of the population will having fully upgraded UR cards. Will that be enough?

I for one would not feel it worth while to only be on the market hunting cards I want, no, I want to play the game...I really hope though I will be lucky enough to be among the 1% in 4 weeks who actually will be able to play the game with all the good stuff it has. 

// Ponni

We actually will not be giving out such starting boosters anymore, since those heavily encourage multi-accounting. Although keep in mind there'll be plenty of achievements to help new players in the start. Slightly adjusting the booster rarity distribution could certainly be a consideration before the release. The current booster drop rates were designed to be similar to what EA had, but are supposed to be slightly more generous in regards to giving out rarer cards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Zyna said:

We actually will not be giving out such starting boosters anymore, since those heavily encourage multi-accounting. Although keep in mind there'll be plenty of achievements to help new players in the start. Slightly adjusting the booster rarity distribution could certainly be a consideration before the release. The current booster drop rates were designed to be similar to what EA had, but are supposed to be slightly more generous in regards to giving out rarer cards.

Ok, good to hear on the distributions. Would it be possible to share details on how many boosters a single user could earn doing achievements or which cards you perhaps are considering as achievement rewards? Or is this a secret until the release? ; )

I know there is a megathread on achievements, but I am not sure I have read any details in the forum on detailed things for after the release.

// Ponni

Edited by Ponni
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.