Inconsistency of PvE Scenarios

Cruzakei

Hi all,

I consistently play on the 1 player PvE scenarios to earn gold and upgrade cards. I would complete the mission in 15 minutes at level 5. (Deck is Lost Souls currently level 40). However, I found that some scenarios at the same Level are a little extreme causing me to lose all my end game cards at the end. You see, I got used to how the attack patterns are with reinforcements and layouts of the map to estimate where power wells and orbs are whilst predicting which camps are going to be tough to get in. Usually, I would win with a somewhat same strategy saving me at least 5+ minutes on the clock. I got used to Level 5 and i've only been playing since the 17th of May. I apologise if it's just me sucking hard, but there have been times where I would try and be suspicious on how the game would be played based on certain attacks and layout. I'm sorry if this is just me being superstitious but most of the time it has been spot on. And another sorry if this is just me being arrogant.

1. Enemies that are consistently calling reinforcements in abundance + Close quarter combat with power wells and orbs placements are near one another = No Boss. - This makes it really hard in the early game to get rolling.

2. Reinforcements inconsistent, map wide, camps layed dotted across areas but not as close = Easy to get 4 orbs and most likely a Boss. - Quite the opposite, easily building up power economy for late game cards.

This is just the general basis on how I think Scenarios would go and thus suit an appropriate strategy for this level, making it efficient and consistent in earning gold and ending the game fast enough with the proper units. However, some scenarios has seriously caused me to waste so much time and I felt like I needed to type this in order to understand why this is the case. One scenario, linked with the idea of No. 1 + 2 Bosses and XL Monsters with Units specifically to my kill XL Units has left me completely clueless if I was in a 6 or above Level Scenario and not a 5. I think I am just quite ignorant with the idea I can't consistently gain gold, but I swear some of these Scenarios shouldn't be at my Level.

But yet again. I understand if I am just playing wrong or not strategically using my units correctly but the sheer fire power from the enemy makes it difficult to win time to time. I am open to any suggestions on this topic! So be sure to keep it clean :) This is my current deck, and any help would be lovely honestly! Thank you Forums. - Cruzakei

97228336_BFLostSoulslvl40.thumb.png.5d68af1b533fcc9868bc210539b33275.png

When you say "Scenarios" do you mean "Scenarios/story maps", or battlegrounds or just any map?

if you mean story maps then I am sure you can find tutorials for each of them on this forum, to win them quickly you need more or less specific decks for every single one.
for example here: 

If you mean battlegrounds then the guide is here: 

Also was you playing maps for 1 player, 2 player, or 4 players?

maybe as a general advice. Try focussing more on your t4 stage. It is the most relevant part of the game for random PvE maps.
For your t1 and t2 stage you should try to limit yourself to 6-8 cards if possible. In T1-t3 you should try to have spells that can have use even in the t4 stage of the game, such as home soil + ice barrier, netherwarp, frenetic assault, offering (nature aff), infect, cultist master + furnace of flesh combo, etc.
What you lack the most are decent t4 units and spells to support them at the moment, while your t2 is massivle overblown, especially unit wise.
Try adding rifle cultists and offering (nature affinity) as well as lost dragon (nature affinity) to alleviate some of these problems as well as frenetic assault (nature affinity) as a first step. Cultist Master + furnace of flesh will massively help you to sustain extra spells.
Void manipulation is maybe the most important concept for PvE, so try to (ab-)use it as best as you can :)
If i get ingame anytime soon, i will link you a deck of what i use with your current orb structure.

I don't think you need void manipulation in this specific deck. You almost have no spells, only units so you won't have much void anyway (except when you kill your units to get energy for t4). However when you add the cards Treim mentioned, it becomes much more important. Other cards that have a good impact and aren't that expensive are Lost Horror, Maelstorm, Lost Evocation, Viridya (only strong in combination with Lost Shade), Bloodhealing (also very very strong with Lost Shade. I know it's t3 but with 5 or 6 Lost Shades you are even able to kill a camp with XL-Units so it's stronger than most of your t3 units.) and Unholy Hero.

Also I would take out the towers. You don't need towers in rpve. Defend with your units and then go and kill the camp.

1 hour ago, Chibiterasu said:

I don't think you need void manipulation in this specific deck. You almost have no spells, only units so you won't have much void anyway (except when you kill your units to get energy for t4). However when you add the cards Treim mentioned, it becomes much more important. Other cards that have a good impact and aren't that expensive are Lost Horror, Maelstorm, Lost Evocation, Viridya (only strong in combination with Lost Shade), Bloodhealing (also very very strong with Lost Shade. I know it's t3 but with 5 or 6 Lost Shades you are even able to kill a camp with XL-Units so it's stronger than most of your t3 units.) and Unholy Hero.

Also I would take out the towers. You don't need towers in rpve. Defend with your units and then go and kill the camp.

what he really lacks is ranged t4 XL, and the Lost Dragon fits perfecly (because it is cheap, otherwise i'd use LSS). I also agree with Treim, there is no need expansive t2, 1 unit is enough, and out of all of them i'd use either lost shade or lost dancers (because of siege).

At T3 he can use Lost Horrors and Mo, then straight to t4 only with Jorne+Lost Warlords+Lost Dragons. And spells.

Yet, i do not agree no need in towers. He's playing solo rPvE and there routes usually split a lot often and you simply cannot afford yourself leaving part of your army behind (even 1 unit), because you are limited in power. So instead of leaving a unit you can just place one tower to defend, which saves you much more power in long terms + your unit(s) are free to use and you don't leave them behind. I've been using Necroblaster in my solo rPvE deck. Without it i had to leave 1 XL do defend 3rd or 4th monument, depending on the map's seed (especially when it splits like "F" or "T"). And 1 XL is a part of an army (5-7 units), that also costs more than one t3 tower. So one tower is cheaper than XL, and does same job as one unit in the defence, which you could utilize in combat and clearing camps. 1 deck slot is not a thing to worry about, since you usually don't even need that many cards; squads: t1 - 1-2, t2 - 0-1, t3 - 0-2, t4 - 2-3, in total of 3 (perfect) or 8 (worst case) + 1 tower, everything else is spells and utility comboes, that is 11-16 cards in total.

In 4player rPvE - true, you don't need any towers to defend.

4 hours ago, Chimaka( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

what he really lacks is ranged t4 XL, and the Lost Dragon fits perfecly (because it is cheap, otherwise i'd use LSS). I also agree with Treim, there is no need expansive t2, 1 unit is enough, and out of all of them i'd use either lost shade or lost dancers (because of siege).

At T3 he can use Lost Horrors and Mo, then straight to t4 only with Jorne+Lost Warlords+Lost Dragons. And spells.

Yet, i do not agree no need in towers. He's playing solo rPvE and there routes usually split a lot often and you simply cannot afford yourself leaving part of your army behind (even 1 unit), because you are limited in power. So instead of leaving a unit you can just place one tower to defend, which saves you much more power in long terms + your unit(s) are free to use and you don't leave them behind. I've been using Necroblaster in my solo rPvE deck. Without it i had to leave 1 XL do defend 3rd or 4th monument, depending on the map's seed (especially when it splits like "F" or "T"). And 1 XL is a part of an army (5-7 units), that also costs more than one t3 tower. So one tower is cheaper than XL, and does same job as one unit in the defence, which you could utilize in combat and clearing camps. 1 deck slot is not a thing to worry about, since you usually don't even need that many cards; squads: t1 - 1-2, t2 - 0-1, t3 - 0-2, t4 - 2-3, in total of 3 (perfect) or 8 (worst case) + 1 tower, everything else is spells and utility comboes, that is 11-16 cards in total.

In 4player rPvE - true, you don't need any towers to defend.

I disagree with the tower argument. You can safe the deckslot and as you can always run cultist master anyways you can defend the waves that necroblaster can take care of also always with 2 cultist master. Sure that goes towards your unit limit but that does not really matter at that point in the game. You have to have more awareness to pull it off though as you have to actively defend instead of having something passive in place.
Attached is a deck i would use for solo maps:
grafik.png.5af8d17cdc2ab61ae7413e8da69754b7.png

43 minutes ago, Treim said:

I disagree with the tower argument. You can safe the deckslot and as you can always run cultist master anyways you can defend the waves that necroblaster can take care of also always with 2 cultist master. Sure that goes towards your unit limit but that does not really matter at that point in the game. You have to have more awareness to pull it off though as you have to actively defend instead of having something passive in place.
Attached is a deck i would use for solo maps:
grafik.png.5af8d17cdc2ab61ae7413e8da69754b7.png

Two things to the deck:

1. I'm always unsure if resource booster is usefull in solo rpve. You wells will be empty before you can complete the map so you loose energy at the end. When I use them, I build them only on the t3 and t4 so that the wells on t1 and t2 give me more energy in the end but I never actually tested what's the most efficient methode.

2. Why do you use Ethernal Storm? I find the dmg very low when you don't have any revenats besides lost evocation. And I really doubt that you use the abilitys of the dragon or the warlord ^^

4 hours ago, Chibiterasu said:

Two things to the deck:

1. I'm always unsure if resource booster is usefull in solo rpve. You wells will be empty before you can complete the map so you loose energy at the end. When I use them, I build them only on the t3 and t4 so that the wells on t1 and t2 give me more energy in the end but I never actually tested what's the most efficient methode.

2. Why do you use Ethernal Storm? I find the dmg very low when you don't have any revenats besides lost evocation. And I really doubt that you use the abilitys of the dragon or the warlord ^^

1. You are right that your wells run out towards the end. By that point, i generally don't need the energy i am missing out on anymore though, so i do not really care if i lose some power if it speeds up the overall game for me.
2. I like the card just for style points and 40 damage/sec without damage cap is not too horrible. For sure one of the more optional cards though.

Edited by Treim

EDIT!: It was just a thank you for the help!

I managed to get some cards, and I was wondering if it looks so much better now? As well as if it's okay to have some advice for my Frost/Nature? ^^

ANOTHER EDIT!: Played with the Shadow/Frost deck more and found I can easily do level 7 and save about 7-8 minutes! I didn't realize the strength of having the dragons or having those T4 spells. So easily overlooked jeez, thank you so much everyone! Really am enjoying the game much more!

NewanImproved.thumb.png.2221a75a66b83cd986de2a834225d3c4.pngPveFrostNature.thumb.png.f345965c4aabbbcc3b70934a3ca63faf.png

Edited by Cruzakei

Some thoughts on your nature/frost deck:

- upgrade breeding gound to level 3, asap (nature and stoneskin tend to have costly units, the bereeding ground compensates for it)

- if you want to manipulate the void in that deck, add shrine of memories (that deck has lots of spells, might worth it)

- coldsnap and curse of oink might be a bit much (both serve the same purpose). oink is faster (instant CC), but your rageflame benefits from coldsnap. personally dunno which one to keep

- your t3 only has costly units. as result it might take some time until you do have a big enough army to engage t4.

- the aggressor serves the same purpose as oink and coldsnap; aggressor does only little damage but is a great CC. personaly, I'd replace it with razorshard

- I'd add another t4 unit (you just have 2 to summon until your "long recharge penality")

- personaly, I' like healing garden very much. It's ability is global, so each spell get more efective. you just have to build two buildings to keep it up all the time...

Edited by Flrbb
Cruzakei likes this

some other good frost/nature solo rPVE cards:

- frost bite (good against bosses)

- crystal fiend, preferably green

- thunderstorm

- equilibrium

- wheels of gift (expensive and more of a luxury than really needed, especially because grinders already heal themselfs up anyway)

- giant wyrm (cheap to buy and upgrade, a flying T4 makes it easy to take out spawcamps, grinders for example often get stuck in traffic)

- revenge or stone shell or ward of the north (all three do the same job)

- ice tornado

- grimvine (a cheaper alternative than grinder charges)

- construct (only as temporary support for strong bosses like twilight infestor, you only need one for constant knockback)

Like Flrbb said, T3 is a little too big unitwise, your T2, too i think, otherwise it looks solid. You could get free slots for useful spells by replacing all the units except one T3 and maybe one T2 unit - archer and mage spam with home soil already clears a lot of bases.

Cruzakei likes this