Official PvE Event #9: Who Dares Wins

nukie

Hello Skyladies and Skylords,

Welcome to the ninth official PvE event!

image.thumb.png.1566929f882c5eb81e7ac7728a507554.png

Quick Overview:

• Map                          - King of the Giants
  • Difficulty                   - Advanced
  • Date                          - 10:30 CET 17.06.2023 until 23:59 CET 26.06.2023
  • Prizes                        - Boosters
  • Winner reveal           - Via a stream

Rules and Goals:

There are THREE goals, each goal has its own rankings. Your position in these rankings added together will give your final score for the overall rankings. The three goals rankings will be ranked on how fast you complete them, they must be completed in a single replay.

You can use Ultralord's website to verify your replays, the rankings are also on his website and are live the whole event! 

Goal 1: Begin building the 12 orbs (T1 does not count), your time will be recorded once the 12th orb's construction begins. You do not need to complete the orbs construction. 

Goal 2: Completely destroy the 6 walls. The time will be recorded once the final segment of the final wall is destroyed. 

Goal 3: Activate each of the Amii spell traps (Freeze/Explosion/Heal/Teleporter). The time will be recorded once you have activated each of them at least once. 

Your overall score will be calculated by adding up your ranking postion on these 3 ranking boards. If you are rank 1 in goal 1, rank 3 in goal 2 and rank 5 in goal 3 then your score will be 9. In the case of ties, your overall time across the 3 goals will be added together, and the fastest time will win. 

FAQ:

I will update the below as questions are asked throughout the event. 

Spoiler

FAQ - Section:

1) Do we have to finish the map?

No, you do not have to complete the whole map. 

2) Can I send in multible replays with multible teams, and must all players send in a replay or is it ok if only one sends it?

You can compete and send in multiple replays with different teams, you will however only get ranking rewards for your highest ranked submission. Only one player from each team has to send in the replay, all can send it in if you wish to do so. 

3) Can I build the same orb 12 times?

No, the timer will only stop once each of the 12 orbs has begun building at least one time each. 

4) 6 walls, but there are 7 on the map. What walls are the "6"?

The 6 walls are the ones that count towards the map objectives. 

5) Do I have to play in a team of 4 players? 

No, you can compete solo, duo, in a team of 3 or 4 players. 

6) Does Rogan have to be around the Amii device when using them (Teleport / Heal / etc.)?

No, you can use them at any point for it to count. 

How can I participate?

Everyone with an ingame account can participate in the event, there is no need to sign up separately.
You just have to send in your best replay, including the player names and the time, to nukie on discord (nukie#9354) or the forum (@nukie).

Replay name format - "nukie_Metagross_Dutchy_Majora_00h20m30s_.pmv"

You can send in your replays until 23:59 CET 26.06.2023.
You can find your replays here: Documents=>Battleforge=>replays

You MUST send in your replay even when using Ultralord's website, otherwise your score will not count for the rewards. 

image.png.09d2e48e3c5624659a6c8073dea03a2b.png

What's the Prize Pool?

The prizes are per person, only your highest place will be rewarded:

1st Place: 5 Stonekin Boosters
2nd Place: 3 Stonekin Boosters
3rd Place: 2 Stonekin Boosters
4th-10th Place: 1 Stonekin Booster

All players in place 11th or below will be entered into a random draw, there will be 10x General Boosters up for grabs!

When will the winners be announced?

The winners will be announced via a Twitch stream hosted by Ultralord! The stream will include the top 3 overall ranked runs, quiz questions (with prizes!) and some interesting data from the event.

Date: 03.07.2023 19:00 CET

Future events

If you are interested in helping with these kinds of events for the community, or want to host one yourself, don't be afraid and simply reach out!
Send @nukie@Metagross31, or @Minashigo Hiko a PM on the forum, or direct message via Discord (nukie#9354, Metagross31#1103, Minashigo Hiko#1126).
We are happy to assist you with upcoming events and with sponsoring towards your prize pool!

We hope you have a lot of fun with this event and are looking forward to seeing all your replays!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Volin and Ultralord like this

• nukie changed the title to Official PvE Event #9: Who Dares Wins
  • nukie pinned this topic

From what I can tell it is individual ranking as the prizes are per person. So highest ranking per person counts over all the teams they are in. 

So the question is, what happens in case the 1st place is gotten by a team of 4. Do they all 4 get 1st place price or do they need to divide between them (as the tiebreaker wouldn't break any tie as they would all have the same total time)

Edited by NullSeed

24 minutes ago, TimmieTuinbroek said:

are the different team compositions counted in different rankings or all in the same ranking?

The website counts every Player combination as a different Team.
So if you play 3 times with 3 different teams, you would have 3 rows in the Ranking of the website.

For Prizes: Only the highest (ranking) one of the 3 would be used

13 minutes ago, NullSeed said:

From what I can tell it is individual ranking as the prizes are per person. So highest ranking per person counts over all the teams they are in. 

So the question is, what happens in case the 1st place is gotten by a team of 4. Do they all 4 get 1st place price or do they need to divide between them (as the tiebreaker wouldn't break any tie as they would all have the same total time)

I can confirmer. All players for the 1st place team will get 5 Boosters.
Same for the other ranks.

I mostly meant, people that run solo are compared to people that run as a team, or are all solo players in their own category, with teams of varying sizes having their own categories? Im guessing its all in 1 big competition but Im not entirely sure. Because if its all the same, its probably best to run wiht 4 people every time 😛

Ultralord likes this

Goal 3: Activate each of the amii spell traps. The time will be recorded once you have activated each of them atleast once. 

Maybe this should be reworded to "amii devices", if it includes the teleporter/heal? Or just say Freeze/Explosion/Heal/Teleporter to avoid confusion with the screaming stone that summons Midwinter which ingame is also called "amii device"

2 hours ago, pierakor said:

Goal 3: Activate each of the amii spell traps. The time will be recorded once you have activated each of them atleast once. 

Maybe this should be reworded to "amii devices", if it includes the teleporter/heal? Or just say Freeze/Explosion/Heal/Teleporter to avoid confusion with the screaming stone that summons Midwinter which ingame is also called "amii device"

I have added this into the post now 🙂 

3 hours ago, TimmieTuinbroek said:

I mostly meant, people that run solo are compared to people that run as a team, or are all solo players in their own category, with teams of varying sizes having their own categories? Im guessing its all in 1 big competition but Im not entirely sure. Because if its all the same, its probably best to run wiht 4 people every time 😛

Regardless of how many are in your team there is only 1 overall ranking to avoid being overly complex. 

Look out for the secret bounties that might appear through out the event with extra rewards 😉 

Goal 1: Is it necessary for this quest that at one time there are 12 Orbs builded/in construction? Or is it legal to start building some orbs at least one time and cancel construction?

Good question Carofex, was wondering that myself

I have a another question.

Can you have 3 runs with different teams, where you get better times for the individual categories? Or will the categories be counted together per run for the rankings?

If yes to the first, could it also be done with the same team, or will only 1 replay count for a team?

Edited by NullSeed

5 hours ago, Carofex said:

Goal 1: Is it necessary for this quest that at one time there are 12 Orbs builded/in construction? Or is it legal to start building some orbs at least one time and cancel construction?

@NullSeed
Yes, you can cancel  / destroy your orbs.

I'll skip this one, pref solo events. Too much pain in the ass to look for a decent team, thats not already participating.

Question: if you play solo, are u compared in a solo player queue, or is it same pool no matter how many player u have (1-4)?

Kinda impossible to compare solo runs with a 4 man team where one destroys the objectives and the other one pays the orbs (x2)

There is still time to submit your runs! Closing time for submissions 23:59 CET today. You must send to me even if using Ultralord's website. 

I will respond to all submissions to confirm I have received it by 27/06 13:00 CET. If you do not have a response by this time please message me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Majora unpinned this topic