Iron League - Tutorial Deck Runs

Hey guys!

The tutorial deck (TD) is growing more and more on me. Again on the stream yesterday - as always - someone mentioned that all Expert maps have been completed with the TD. (In the coming weeks (and months?) I will start to try for myself. )

I'm still thinking - is this true though? You find _some_ old runs, but surely not for all of the maps. So, it would be very kind if some of you who have been more active in the EA era can point to some links, maybe there are some old replays... Just link them please 😃

TD Encounters With Twilight.pmv

Edited by Kapo
Dutchy, Ultralord and Metagross31 like this

For everyone attempting these runs now and wondering why it might be different:
Keep in mind that since the recording of some of the old replays the income randomness has been changed to be rolled differently.

Also the tutorial deck has been buffed:
- All tutorial deck cards now have already 50% of the max charges at upgrade 0 instead of only 25% as back then.
- Magma Hurlers splash damage radius was increased from 5m to 8m.
- Magma Hurlers damage was increased from 240 (360 in total) to 270 (405 in total).

And soon additional changes to master archers ATK might come in!

Metagross31 and Kapo like this

• 1 year later...

Finally, had some time and motivation to come back to this. And since the old ones had a lot of downloads, guess I'll continue here too 😃

Had much trouble finding the right setup for the big wave at titans wall. Using the Fire Stalker L-counter made the difference.

Only four single-player maps to go 😃

TD The Soultree.pmv

Edited by Kapo
Volin, Metagross31 and Laertes like this

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Dont try this at home. Dont try it at your friends house. Just leave it alone.

This took forever, with so many tries to get the strategy worked to reach the final island - just to get trashed there so easily by what is awaiting. I hope if anybody else ever did this before, they found a better strategy, this is just madness.

But after a while - and this means weeks of trying - you get to the point where you dont need good RNG, just not bad RNG (speaking of Ravenship spawns).

And then you have to find out the hard way how the final boss spawn mechanic works, and it always takes an hour to have a shot at it - if you even make it there. With bad Ravenship spawns in between, where you waste more time.

I will not get into all other details. Just. Let. It. Be. You will waste so much time. You have been warned.

TD Oceans.pmv

Edited by Kapo
Xamos, Metagross31 and Volin like this

19 hours ago, Kapo said:

Dont try this at home. Dont try it at your friends house. Just leave it alone.

This took forever, with so many tries to get the strategy worked to reach the final island - just to get trashed there so easily by what is awaiting. I hope if anybody else ever did this before, they found a better strategy, this is just madness.

But after a while - and this means weeks of trying - you get to the point where you dont need good RNG, just not bad RNG (speaking of Ravenship spawns).

And then you have to find out the hard way how the final boss spawn mechanic works, and it always takes an hour to have a shot at it - if you even make it there. With bad Ravenship spawns in between, where you waste more time.

I will not get into all other details. Just. Let. It. Be. You will waste so much time. You have been warned.

TD Oceans.pmv 232.57 kB · 2 downloads

bold of you to assume we have homes or friends 

Metagross31, Kapo and Xamos like this

• 2 weeks later...

It is done.

After two big brain moves (especially around how to handle the infestation (not-)killings) - once you are T3 you are a winner.

TD Behind Enemy Lines.pmv

Concluding Thoughts:

Because of a long pause of frustration in this endeavour, it took almost two years (just 2 days missing). Without any resources on the harder maps, coming up with a strategy is really painful, especially Oceans and BEL was a mess. 

I won't do all 2P maps (mostly out of missing interest of other players), but if somebody wants to do one of the easier maps (like Slave Master) I would join that - just hit me up.

Edited by Kapo
Metagross31 and Volin like this