Cards and ranked PvP

Loriens

Idea is simple - somehow give all cards with U3 upgrades, but only for ranked PvP. 
This will definetely lead us to bigger activity in PvP and also game will become more attractive for player from other RTS games, where in PvP matches you usually have access to every unit from the start. These new people will help us to keep game and community alive.
I know at least one SC2 player with good youtube audience who had an idea to play in BF PvP until he realized that even for PvP he should collect and upgrade so many cards... If he would start to play we could have more players from his youtube channel, and also it will be easier for newcommers from other RTS enjoy Battleforge and many other cases like this.
For unranked PvP, cPvE and rPvE you will still have to collect cards and enjoy collection.

Edited by Loriens
MephistoRoss and Ladadoos like this

3 minutes ago, anonyme0273 said:

Could be a way of bringing Tomes back - as a separate PvP only gamemode with full upgrades and all cards unlocked hmm. Though splitting the playerbase with more gamemodes just increases queues which are already quite a pain.

There would be no extra gamemode. What there would be however is upgrade three fully charged cards considered as tome cards which can only be used in PvP (ranked and unranked). I don't see this necessarily splitting the community, as PvP players don't seem to play PvE regardless. What this would do is make PvP players not quit the game.

Loriens likes this

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't mind grinding for PVE. But in PVP I wanne be creative and adjust the given decks to my  ideas. Therefore I'd love and appreciate the suggestion of getting U3 updater cards in ranked PVP.

Ideally there's not even a requirement of obtaining the card to show the given options without having to visite anextern website to check the optiona.  I've been playing compete rive games before Nd enjoyed the thrill of Battleforge back in the old days. I'd like to come back, but the thought of having to grind certain PVE maps to get all the upgrade options again for PVP to adjust decks is not rly thrilling to me to be honest. I still play PVE, but I remember it took quite some time and tons of BFP to get all the cards together. 

6 minutes ago, LichterLoh said:

I don't mind grinding for PVE. But in PVP I wanne be creative and adjust the given decks to my  ideas. Therefore I'd love and appreciate the suggestion of getting U3 updater cards in ranked PVP.

Ideally there's not even a requirement of obtaining the card to show the given options without having to visite anextern website to check the optiona.  I've been playing compete rive games before Nd enjoyed the thrill of Battleforge back in the old days. I'd like to come back, but the thought of having to grind certain PVE maps to get all the upgrade options again for PVP to adjust decks is not rly thrilling to me to be honest. I still play PVE, but I remember it took quite some time and tons of BFP to get all the cards together. 

Hello, this thread is a bit outdated, in the meantime, we have reached a compromise with providing a weekly reset of 2 choosable lvl 120 decks (out of all color combinations). These decks are only useable in pvp and were made with the consultation of high elo pvp players and are viable right off the bat

Yeah I also appreciated that. But it doenst rly give the option to properly modify the deck. As I do have U0 cards or U1 cards to replace U3 cards. The upgrades or chagrges can be the crucial point of negating a counter play -. -. So i don't rly feel as flexibel and balanced at this point. The free decks are nice and offer  a way of playing PVP, but do give away your deck composition in advance and don't offer personal adjustment as much as I'd like it to be or used to sadly.

Im afraid that I'm not the only rx-player who's less motivated to come back and grind all over again. All of us got older and are less freely to spent time as real life and jobs do demand it too. I just think it might help to grow the PVP community. 

Edited by LichterLoh

30 minutes ago, LichterLoh said:

Yeah I also appreciated that. But it doenst rly give the option to properly modify the deck. As I do have U0 cards or U1 cards to replace U3 cards. The upgrades or chagrges can be the crucial point of negating a counter play -. -. So i don't rly feel as flexibel and balanced at this point. The free decks are nice and offer  a way of playing PVP, but do give away your deck composition in advance and don't offer personal adjustment as much as I'd like it to be or used to sadly.

Im afraid that I'm not the only rx-player who's less motivated to come back and grind all over again. All of us got older and are less freely to spent time as real life and jobs do demand it too. I just think it might help to grow the PVP community. 

You have to switch out a few odd cards, which will still leave you grinding way less than before

Hello, I am sad that this change was implemented so I wanted to leave my feedback in here.

Beforehand, it totally ruined the game for me and made me quit. While the game is very enjoyable and a lot of fun, this change removes any purpose of doing pve / farming your own deck and playing wonky stuff in pvp. Everyone has from minute one the most rare cards, perfectly upgraded and the bare minimum you see in pvp are these high elo pvp decks. Why spend hours and hours farming that missing card, build your own deck in a deckbuilder (hope you get my sarcasm here) and why even open booster packs? Just take the meta decks and reduce the game to only it's rts elements. Sorry but there is a reason why this kind of thing was not in the main game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 12:23 AM, YKO said:

Hello, I am sad that this change was implemented so I wanted to leave my feedback in here.

Beforehand, it totally ruined the game for me and made me quit. While the game is very enjoyable and a lot of fun, this change removes any purpose of doing pve / farming your own deck and playing wonky stuff in pvp. Everyone has from minute one the most rare cards, perfectly upgraded and the bare minimum you see in pvp are these high elo pvp decks. Why spend hours and hours farming that missing card, build your own deck in a deckbuilder (hope you get my sarcasm here) and why even open booster packs? Just take the meta decks and reduce the game to only it's rts elements. Sorry but there is a reason why this kind of thing was not in the main game.

I agree with you that this reduces the aspect of a trading card game. But I think a major issue at the moment where a solution needed to be found, is the low number of active PvP players. I personally love the pvp expierience but if you have to wait a long time to find opponents it takes a lot of fun out of the game.
In the EA Version of this game, it was really hard in the beginning to get into PvP because of the use differences in deck levels because even if you were better than your opponent you might have lost the match because your deck level was lower than his.
Imho this feature makes it a lot easier for players to start playing PvP and I really appreciate it. Nevertheless you still need to level up your PvE decks, so the trading aspect is preserved. I think this is a very nice compromise.