Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Treim

Treim's Motm solo speedrun archive

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone,

I decided to continue my thread from the original Battleforge forums, where i shared all my solo rPvE replays with the community - thanks to @Kybaka for picking this up again last month.
You can expect regular updates at the beginning of each month for the month that just passed. Cleanliness of play in the replays can greatly differ due to time investment. You can at least expect a top 3 finish for the respective month for each of these replays though.
If i play Motm level 9 maps solo, they will be updated throughout the month as I am doing those just for the sake of it.
If you have questions in regards to gameplay or strategy feel free to post here or contact me on @Ultrakool's Battleforge Tutoring server: https://discord.gg/2R7yZTS

First replay of August is already online - hope it helps people completing Lost Souls 4 Player this month.

General naming structure of the replays:
Motm_Month_Game type_Difficulty_Time

You can watch the replays ingame by downloading the file(s) and saving them in this folder: Documents\BattleForge\replays.

January 2019 - 1 Player: Stonekin; 2 Player: Lost Souls
Motm_January_1Player_Level10_1847.pmv
Motm_January_2Player(solo)_Level10_2855.pmv

February 2019 - 1 Player: Stonekin; 2 Player: Lost souls
Motm_February_1Player_Level10_2216.pmv
Motm_February_2Player(solo)_Level10_2556.pmv

March 2019 - 1 Player: Bandits; 4 Player: Bandits
Motm_March_1Player_Level10_1413.pmv
Motm_March_4Player(solo)_Level10_1846.pmv
March Bonus:
Motm_March_1Player_Level9_1334.pmv

April 2019 - 4 Player: Bandits
Motm_April_4Player(solo)_Level10_1854.pmv

May 2019:
did not play

June 2019 - 1 Player: Bandits; 2 Player: Stonekin
Motm_June_1Player_Level10_1736.pmv
Motm_June_2Player(solo)_Level10_2648.pmv

July 2019 - 1 Player: Bandits
Motm_July_1Player_Level10_1644.pmv
July Bonus:
Motm_July_1Player_Level9_1425.pmv

August 2019 - 1 Player: Bandits; 4 Player: Lost Souls
Motm_August_1Player_Level10_1738.pmv
August Bonus:
Motm_August_4Player(solo)_Level9_2046.pmv
Motm_August_1Player_Level9_1225.pmv

September 2019 - 1 Player: Bandits; 2 Player: Stonekin; 4 Player: Lost Souls
Motm_September_1Player_Level10_1536.pmv
Motm_September_2Player(solo)_Level10_2230.pmv  - (all-time record for 2 Player solo rPvE)
September Bonus
Motm_September_4Player(solo)_Level9_2042.pmv
Motm_September_2Player(solo)_Level1_0233.pmv

October 2019 - 1 Player: Bandits; 2 Player: Stonekin; 4 Player: Lost Souls

If you want to use any of these replays for Youtube, feel free to do so - just mention me in the process please :)

Edited by Treim
Hirooo, Kybaka, RadicalX and 2 others like this

Posted (edited)

Updated -
1 Player level 9 might get updated later this month again

Edited by Treim

8 minutes ago, Kubik said:

put them to "Documents\BattleForge\replays" and on login screen you see replays button

Thank you!

Posted (edited)

As promised new update for the August motm's. Only did 1 Player this month. If it's requested i can upload the run for 1 Player level 9 as well.
Possible time with used strategy: ~17:00 (actual time: 17:38)

Short explanation on why i used fire start this time:

The camp below t1 will attack you once you trigger the wave at t2 and the respawns of that camp will continously come to your t1.
That would be manageable if t2 could be take safely. You have to trap the income from t3 camp betweenn t1 and t2 though and the camp at t2 is very far back which makes a fast clear pretty hard for any faction which results in you needing a pretty big army + a sizeable defense.

I did experiment with all factions and shadow was straight up unplayable here. You have no way to efficiently defend that big an attack at t1 and taking t2 is pretty difficult due to high damage mana wings + a bad spawn location.
Nature was going okayish but i did not find a good spot for the mark of the keeper to keep alive due to the amount of high hp or high damage melee units that would constantly kill the motk. Also nature has the 2nd slowest clear of t2 on this map.
Frost i had an issue with binding too much power and efficiently clearing t2 as there are a bunch of units that are not effected by Frost Mage cc which results in prolonged fights which frost struggles in. Also defense is a bit tricky, but was the 2nd best.
Fire i was actually able to pull off a reasonable defense of t1 with blaster mines and nomads after killing most of the stuff at t2. I was not able to find a reliable and fast way to do this consistantly. It was based a bit more on improvisation and a bit of luck in regards to how units ran into mines due to there being huge masses that tend to run slightly diifferent every time. if a unit died to early i would have to restart and it was still relatively slow.
Conclusion was that the camp below t1 had to die first which results in constant incomes from 2 sides which is annoying you at t1 and the one from t2 will hinder you setting the attack up.
So it became obvious that you will have to trap the incomes which fire and frost have the easiest time with as i do not play shaman.
In the end i decided on fire due to it having a faster clear and the fact that the t3 camp you can clear with just t1 cards and oink which was an somewhat necasssary on this anyways as you need 2 cc's to avoid knockback from gunners in the camps later on.
Frost would need Embalmers + Phoenixes and wasting another 2 slots + potentially even coldsnap as if I cant handle the drakes - did not test that though.

In regards to the path I took. I was first experimenting with portal nexus and getting back to my t3 after the camp below the bandit lord in order to kill the huge income you get that way. Ultimately that was too slow though as it results in additional ground to run through with Batariel (from t3 to the camp below t3 + from the bottom most left camp back to the twin riders (or whatever the boss is called)).
The rest should be pretty straightforward --> avoiid gunner knockback and cc from dragons, stay alive while low on power due to Sow and you were good to go.

Hope this short summary of my thought process, especially for t1 helps more people completing these type of maps faster next time around.
For further questions use this thread or the discord link in the first post.

Edited by Treim

4 Player level 9 uploaded - 1st try, will most likely not play again
@Kybaka 2 Player level 1 - pretty optimized run, might try to improve later this month by another 3-4 seconds. -- Edit: changed strategy slightly, 2:30 is possible now

Edited by Treim

On 9/5/2019 at 2:35 PM, Treim said:

4 Player level 9 uploaded - 1st try, will most likely not play again
@Kybaka 2 Player level 1 - pretty optimized run, might try to improve later this month by another 3-4 seconds. -- Edit: changed strategy slightly, 2:30 is possible now

Good Job :)

My run is similar to you but i loose too much second with last camp.

Posted (edited)

Updated - September 2019

1 player motm
   first time on that strategy
   all time was possible with shadow start and perfect run (8:30 until Bata with t3 and t2 level camps clear + ~5:30 for Bata clear = 14:00 -- current all-time: 14:09)

2 player motm solo
   nothing remarkable about this run really
   2 Player is much harder if you want to play the other position as well. Is possible to do so with frost start and good blocking of incomes and unit positioning though

Edited by Treim