Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Jump to content
BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
indubitablement

Are core pvp cards too rare?

Recommended Posts

When you sell your Shaman for an Harvester, something is wrong.

Some notable cards include:

Common:

  • Windweavers 150 bfp
  • Forsaken, Sunstriders, Master Archers 30+ bfp

Uncommon:

  • Coldsnap 450 bfp
  • Shaman 900 bfp
  • Skyfire Drake 200 bfp
  • Frost Mage 500 bfp
  • Root 250 bfp
  • Lyrish Knight, Burrower, Darkelf Assassins 100+ bfp

Rare:

  • Hurricane 250 bfp
  • Motivate 150 bfp
  • Home Soil 400 bfp

For example, a relatively cheap deck like fire-nature is going to cost about 3000 bfp for the essential.
 

Spoiler

2 Sunstriders 100 bfp
1 Scavenger 80 bfp
2 Firesworm 200 bfp
1 Mortar 50 bfp
1 Ghostspear 35 bfp
2 Gladiatrix(green) 200 bfp
1 Scythe Fiends 200 bfp
3 Skyfire Drake 500 bfp
2 Burrower 250 bfp
2 Ensnaring Roots 500 bfp
2 Hurricane 550 bfp
2 Giant Slayer 300 bfp

deck.thumb.png.fef0c8bba1919bf53046f6137f0c5da0.png

:thinking:

What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I think you are right that prices for some cards are heavily inflated - not only PvP cards but very useful cards in general, i don't see how you could resolve that conflict and this is simply the result of players already knowing before the game launched which cards are/will be highly sought after which results in very high demand and way to little supply. The market will stabilize once there are a few more copies of those cards flowing around in the market. Also Huricane and Motivate are only slightly more expensive than in the original game (hurricane ~180-200, Motivate ~100-110) while Home Soil was around 400 for a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, shaman at 900 is pretty funny :)

Wasn't there this one guy who consistently bought all the shamans and sold them for exactly 900 bfp, filling all 10 pages so no one else could make an auction?

 

Yeah, I'd like to bring the 1bfp common "booster" back. Or have some other way to get commons cheaply and easily (at least in the early stages of the game, when there aren't enough commons to go around).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Treim said:

The market will stabilize once there are a few more copies of those cards flowing around in the market.

When the devs are able to fix the multiaccounting problem, supply will be lower. I've heard of someone creating 59 accounts for the 2 starting boosters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, indubitablement said:

When the devs are able to fix the multiaccounting problem, supply will be lower. I've heard of someone creating 59 accounts for the 2 starting boosters.

Yeah for the first few days maybr. When devs fix the people dcinn all the time there will be way more quest conpleted which will more than make up for it. Also time works for the market in that cad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just bad game design when essential cards are not common ones. If it depended on me, I would make all core cards from compedium commons and optional ones uncommons at best. I would aslo incrised rarity of some cards noone ever wants. This problem is aslo closely releted to cards balance and variety.

 

11 hours ago, Eirias said:

I'd like to bring the 1bfp common "booster" back. Or have some other way to get commons cheaply and easily (at least in the early stages of the game, when there aren't enough commons to go around).

We do not need special boosters. We need ANY boosters. 450:bf: price is as good as not selling boosters at all. If price was 100:bf:, I would rather buy 4 boosters and try my luck instead of purchasing Cold Snap for 400:bf:. A resonable booster price is the thing that keeps commons/uncommons prices aslo resonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

personally i do have an issue with core cards being too costly/rare. in my opinion, the core cards a faction is designed around and are required to play the deck should be uncommon at most. optional cards that offer adapation to matchups or have effects simillar to other cards should be the ones with higher rarity. you should basically be able start out with a bare-bones viable deck for an affordable price and then once you get more into pvp and feel like you need to adapt to the meta/matchups or just want some optional (but not cruical) cards, you need to invest more bfp. it's just not fun to grind pve until you finally "unlock" pvp once you have a bare-bones deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, LagOps said:

personally i do have an issue with core cards being too costly/rare. in my opinion, the core cards a faction is designed around and are required to play the deck should be uncommon at most. optional cards that offer adapation to matchups or have effects simillar to other cards should be the ones with higher rarity. you should basically be able start out with a bare-bones viable deck for an affordable price and then once you get more into pvp and feel like you need to adapt to the meta/matchups or just want some optional (but not cruical) cards, you need to invest more bfp. it's just not fun to grind pve until you finally "unlock" pvp once you have a bare-bones deck.

While this is true, the inability to get the 'standard' cards might make players opt for interesting alternatives. The main problem is in my opinion not the rarity of the cards; the main problem is some cards just being objectively better than others. If the cards were more balanced, we would have a lot more interesting options, which might make pvp a lot more attractive for a lot more players. As for me personally (not being any good at pvp): seeing interesting strategies is basically not viable unless you have a massive power lead, in which case you would've won anyway.

imo: balance >>> card rarity

wertyy and indubitablement like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Smok said:

We do not need special boosters. We need ANY boosters. 450:bf: price is as good as not selling boosters at all. If price was 100:bf:, I would rather buy 4 boosters and try my luck instead of purchasing Cold Snap for 400:bf:. A resonable booster price is the thing that keeps commons/uncommons prices aslo resonable.

Well, the price of cards will directly depend on the supply, which depends on the cost of boosters and the amount of bfp you can get per day. So if you could buy 4 boosters per day (based on daily quests), then the price of coldsnap would drop tremendously.

wertyy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

price today are not real ,not all players play the game normal ,as they know accounts will be reset.more items will be for sale when the game will go on nomral mode.commons cards will be common now they are rare and some plp want to make their decks from day 1 ,thats why prices are so high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, indubitablement said:

Windweavers 150 bfp

Coldsnap 450 bfp

Shaman 900 bfp

Root 250 bfp

Motivate 150 bfp

The problem with this cards is, that they are also important PVE cads, so boths playergroups are looking for them.

Btw. is shaman even considered an important PVP card? In PVE decks it is almost in any deck which starts T1 with nature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kilian Dermoth said:

Btw. is shaman even considered an important PVP card? In PVE decks it is almost in any deck which starts T1 with nature.

Yeah, for the traditional nature T1 he is quite essential and you need at least one charge for him, because he is the core unit in nature mirrors unless Treespirits are played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prices will be normal when all players join and play without disconnects after beta/stress testing

When you start playing BF did you made your decks from first week ? why you want that happen now

One of the purposes of the game is the collection of the cards ,buying them all from 1st month will not be so fun to play it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wertyy said:

One of the purposes of the game is the collection of the cards ,buying them all from 1st month will not be so fun to play it.

I agree that collecting card is part of the fun, up to a point. What I would like to bring attention to is that "chase" or "hunt" cards are also necessary pvp card. Futhermore, before you can play pvp you need a pve deck with upgrades to farm gold and daily quest. Together this is gating pvp behind hours of grind.

nofearek9 and wertyy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nofearek9 said:

in old times ,first you played all the maps to understand the game get cards and upgrades and later start pvp games.for all f2p players pvp happened much later after they started playing the game.

How popular was pvp in old times? I doubt there were many f2p pvp player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.