Best Gaming Device?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Best Gaming Device Brand? (Excluding PC because we all know PC is master race)

• Playstation (Sony)
    • Xbox (Microsoft)
    • Nintendo
    • Sega
    • Atari

I got a ps4,nintendo switch and a xbox one x. And i got to say the One X is suprisingly comfortable, even tho the UI seems to run on Win95.

The switch is just incredible with its handheld potential (really weird playing Doom on the go). The ps4 is now unused in my house because i already completed my exklusives.

So the One X is now my power console.

So i chose xbox :)

15 minutes ago, RainZy said:

I cant wait for the ps5 to come out, its been years since a new playstation has come out

B..But new Consoles are shit D: i mean the 8th Gen Consoles where so horrible they had to upgrade midgeneration and the best games for those consoles are remakes, ports from older consoles or sequels that didnt really changed much.

I voted personaly Microsoft and Sony but i think it took only for Sony the vote.... i love the OG Xbox and also the 360 which brought us Achievements which is an awesome feature :D and the OG Xbox brought us a good controller (perfected with Xbox 360 release) and nice new IP's also Microsoft pushed the hardware part with Xbox and Xbox 360... not so much with Xbone tho.

Sony mostly for Ps1 similar story as with Xbox brought alot of new games and also i love the ps1 graphics flaire only problem was shitty controller which felt like a ripoff from SNES. And the other Sony console i really like is the PSP .... nice Ps2 Quality games like Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3, Tekken 6, GTA or even 1 to 1 Port of Star wars Battlefront 2 + beeing able to Emulate a TOn of Systems, all 2D Systems, to some level N64 and Sega Saturn + full perfect emulation of Playstation 1 ALL that for an Portable Device (without shitty touch controlls but having really good button layout) makes it one awesome and unique systems. Only matched by the Ps Vita IF ... the Ps Vita had a stronger homebrew / modding scene but right now its not that advuanced but give it 2-3 years and it will beat the PSP as the Ps Vita should be able to emulate the same systems as the PSP + the PSP it self + having of course the PS Vita games, but still needs time.

I personaly feel that home consoles are obsolet at least the new ones, i love to collect older but new console... dont even understand why to bother they dont even focus on Physical game copys anymore so its like a PC with steam but without cheap games because they sell consoles games even digital version like 10% more expensive.

But i would like to see more Portable consoles they are awesome at least from sony when modable :D

RainZy likes this

13 hours ago, Sekij said:

B..But new Consoles are shit D: i mean the 8th Gen Consoles where so horrible they had to upgrade midgeneration and the best games for those consoles are remakes, ports from older consoles or sequels that didnt really changed much.

I voted personaly Microsoft and Sony but i think it took only for Sony the vote.... i love the OG Xbox and also the 360 which brought us Achievements which is an awesome feature :D and the OG Xbox brought us a good controller (perfected with Xbox 360 release) and nice new IP's also Microsoft pushed the hardware part with Xbox and Xbox 360... not so much with Xbone tho.

Sony mostly for Ps1 similar story as with Xbox brought alot of new games and also i love the ps1 graphics flaire only problem was shitty controller which felt like a ripoff from SNES. And the other Sony console i really like is the PSP .... nice Ps2 Quality games like Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3, Tekken 6, GTA or even 1 to 1 Port of Star wars Battlefront 2 + beeing able to Emulate a TOn of Systems, all 2D Systems, to some level N64 and Sega Saturn + full perfect emulation of Playstation 1 ALL that for an Portable Device (without shitty touch controlls but having really good button layout) makes it one awesome and unique systems. Only matched by the Ps Vita IF ... the Ps Vita had a stronger homebrew / modding scene but right now its not that advuanced but give it 2-3 years and it will beat the PSP as the Ps Vita should be able to emulate the same systems as the PSP + the PSP it self + having of course the PS Vita games, but still needs time.

I personaly feel that home consoles are obsolet at least the new ones, i love to collect older but new console... dont even understand why to bother they dont even focus on Physical game copys anymore so its like a PC with steam but without cheap games because they sell consoles games even digital version like 10% more expensive.

But i would like to see more Portable consoles they are awesome at least from sony when modable :D

I agree with you bro, older consoles are a lot better story wise and have had some amazing games as you mentioned. I am just looking forward to see what they do with the ps5 and Xbox 2? (If they call it that). Since ps4 and Xbox One have introduced stuff like VR gaming etc. 

I would also like to see more portable consoles, especially with the technology we have today. The Nintendo Switch is an awesome example of game visuals that could rival console games.

Sekij likes this

On 31/03/2018 at 7:10 PM, Ilsyde said:

previous gen: Xbox 360 (better graphics and performance)
current gen: Playstation 4 (better games)
next gen: who knows? (waiting for Sega to make a console... the Megadrive is getting old :rolleyes:)

Sega should make a new console that would be sweet but i dont think they have the moneys for that especially when they are so on game dev

Snes was hands down best console ever, games like  Terranigma, Secret of Mana, Actraiser, Tactics Ogre, Sunset Riders and way to many other great games, i have a collection of 200+ games and i never experienced a completely bad game, and all the games are somehow unique with innovative ideas. Overall i prefer Nintendo over all other consoles and even over the pc in therms of fun games to kill time. Playstation and X-Box have single great titles but overall way to much crap games, and with better graphic other things like gameplay, story and fun getting less and less important for them (im not the biggest fan of big tripple A titles they start mostly great, but then they mutate just to money printing machines that just always follow the same concepts if you know one title you know them all).

For PSP i enjoy Soccom alot, the first game where Headset support is implemented and everyone use it, alot of other nice people to talk and the Headset was also neccesary cause competetive it was the only tactical shooter that really deserved the category tactical. And sometimes you can just troll around with all the other player in the game, the communication was great :).

• 4 weeks later...

My good old NeoGeo ! Each time I had one game at the time because of the price. I can tell you I was more than mastering each game I had :)

Otherwise one piece of mastership was also the Amiga for games. I never saw something like this since then. Even programming was sort of a gaming hobby.

On 5/1/2018 at 6:41 PM, powerpsy said:

My good old NeoGeo ! Each time I had one game at the time because of the price. I can tell you I was more than mastering each game I had :)

We appreciated games a lot more back then. Nowadays there are dozens getting released each day, given away for free or heavily reduced in price.
I had a Game Boy and a Sega MD2, but only a handful or so games on both for the same reason - price. Couldn't take a chance on crappy games so I only bought the best acclaimed ones for each console e.g. Xenon 2 or The Chaos Engine. Ironically, the only game I bought on a whim and without any research was Puggsy, and it became my favourite game of all time from that era.
Way ahead of its time. Still play it to this day.

Is that Zool in your avatar?

BurningWorld likes this

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2018 at 10:30 PM, Ilsyde said:

We appreciated games a lot more back then. Nowadays there are dozens getting released each day, given away for free or heavily reduced in price.
I had a Game Boy and a Sega MD2, but only a handful or so games on both for the same reason - price. Couldn't take a chance on crappy games so I only bought the best acclaimed ones for each console e.g. Xenon 2 or The Chaos Engine. Ironically, the only game I bought on a whim and without any research was Puggsy, and it became my favourite game of all time from that era.
Way ahead of its time. Still play it to this day.

Is that Zool in your avatar?

Indeed, Zool, not Zool 2 (that was crapy :) )

If you're a big psygnosis fan, do you know Alestes ? does it ring a bell Mister the fan of chaos engine (the chaos has ended ! wou will be remembered...) & xenon 2 (with super nashwan power for 10s) ?

Edited by powerpsy

• 2 weeks later...

I know of it, but I don't like the shmup genre. Xenon 2 is one of the exceptions I guess.

It's surprising how good Android is as a gaming device/platform, you can get lots of goodies on it e.g.

- DOSbox (therefore all DOS games)
- Nintendo DS, SEGA MD2, SNES, GB, GBA, N64, PSX etc. emulators
- ScummVM (therefore most, if not all old-school adventure games)

And the whole thing fits in your pocket! There are also lots of full conversions - my latest addition to this list is OpenXCOM with full touch screen support. Nifty.

• 4 years later...

Almost 5 years later the odds may have changed.

As an old guy playing with almost every console out there I go for Nintendo (Switch). There is no better way to occupy kids of all ages.
And it's portable, I bring my Switch to the plane (there are still airlines with poor entertainment systems out there).

Sony had the best exclusives for a long time, but this is also the reason I hate them. Buying a console for only two games is just not worth it. Now they port to PC at least. Well done, no need for a Playstation any longer. 

Edited by TiQ
Metagross31 likes this

• 1 year later...