Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Untitled.png.2908a010136af836d880645df851da5c.png

 

For years I thought that crystals works for element and considered them quite useless.

Today I found out that they are even worse and work only for certain affinity which makes them total garbage cards.

Suggestion:

1. Change them to work with elements instead of affinities.
2. Nature crystal: 400 => 1%/s.
3. Frost crystal: 20% => 15%.
4. Dark crystal: 50% => 30%.
5. Fire crystal: 15% stable damage.
6. All of them: Effect for 20 seconds and 60 seconds cooldown.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea they are really lackluster 😞 They are on our radar though: taken from the Balance Discord: 

"We have some changes planned for all 4 elemental crystals. Part of those changes will be allowing them to affect allies as well as units of their respective element. So Ice Crystal will work on all friendly Frost units as well as all friendly units with a Frost affinity."
- Windhunter

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I actually use the green crystal: please don't nerf it for me or make it unusable in my deck!

 

I use the green crystal in a super fast bandit deck for rpve 10 using green affinity nomads, bandit lancers, and corsairs. Please don't make it heal per second for the green crystal, the instant heal of 400 could be buffed and still not be broken, so by all means do so, but for me changing it to a slow heal would be a nerf.

I use breeding ground to cheapen the corsairs, I don't get a fourth orb, instead I stick to 3 and spam green corsairs using offering on green bandit lancers to refresh charges beside a furnace of flesh + breeding ground. I also use shrine of war and incredible Mo. By using offering on bandit lancers I can refresh my spells as well which are all 3 orb. The deck actually works suprisingly well unupgraded. I used green nomads as well which can benefit from the crystal sometimes. And twilight warfare is key to the deck, helps the corsairs survive better since they do great damage, when you add lifesteal they are tough.

I do RPVE 10 super fast all the time with this setup.

The advantages of the deck are that you have 300 less power bound mid-game because you don't get a fourth monument -- I usually hit 12 XL squads before anyone else in-game; all of the corsairs get a damage buff because they all count as bandits to their ability, corsairs are cheap at 220, so you can build a large army fast and they move fast so you can keep spawning from a forward positioned breeding grounds. The green crystal helps to provide additional healing on top of twilight warfare and equilibrium -- it's nice because the healing is instant and can save a corsair from dying if an equilibrium is on cooldown -- I run 2 equilibriums.

Also, I actually like that the crystals impact affinities not colors, that's unique and cool, they just need some buffing I think.

My suggestion is to have them buff affinities still but give the crystals two modes each, and you can switch the mode the building is in as a structure ability, then have the two modes give different buffs that could work for different strategies. This would give more flexibility and perhaps even open up some new deck types. The first mode for the green crystal could be what it is now but buffed to 600 life instant or something. The second mode could be area effect, the crystal gives green affinity cards spawned near it a cost reduction, similar to breeding grounds, but on green affinity only.

Another idea is that the second mode on each crystal could effect structures while the first effects units, just some idea -- mainly I like the idea of two modes to each crystal (active and passive maybe) because that would be more likely to make it useful in some more instances.

Edited by callsignhusker
clarification
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 4:09 AM, Majora said:

Yea they are really lackluster 😞 They are on our radar though: taken from the Balance Discord: 

"We have some changes planned for all 4 elemental crystals. Part of those changes will be allowing them to affect allies as well as units of their respective element. So Ice Crystal will work on all friendly Frost units as well as all friendly units with a Frost affinity."
- Windhunter

One other thing -- there is an obscure, but very cool deck that uses frost affinity infested tower to spawn frost affinity pests using cultist masters and then portals them in massive hordes as your army, and ice crystal can give the whole army -- 20% damage reduction, using this with wheel of gifts and mo shrine is crazy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, callsignhusker said:

One other thing -- there is an obscure, but very cool deck that uses frost affinity infested tower to spawn frost affinity pests using cultist masters and then portals them in massive hordes as your army, and ice crystal can give the whole army -- 20% damage reduction, using this with wheel of gifts and mo shrine is crazy.

Slow, bad for some of your teammates, not good agains flyers and slow. Nothing crazy bout it and hopefully get fixed soon (my pc can't stand it if someone makes too much)

 

Edit: Wheel does not stack good with other buffs, you sure that it stacks with the crystal?

Edited by Volin
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Volin said:

 

Slow, bad for some of your teammates, not good agains flyers and slow. Nothing crazy bout it and hopefully get fixed soon (my pc can't stand it if someone makes too much)

 

Edit: Wheel does not stack good with other buffs, you sure that it stacks with the crystal?

Not everything needs to be a tier 1 strategy Volin 😛 

(though I get that its annoying if PC's start lagging because of stuff like this)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Volin said:

 

Slow, bad for some of your teammates, not good agains flyers and slow. Nothing crazy bout it and hopefully get fixed soon (my pc can't stand it if someone makes too much)

 

Edit: Wheel does not stack good with other buffs, you sure that it stacks with the crystal?

You're correct, it's not the most efficient strategy in some ways. That said, you can actually combine the deck with a Batariel deck pretty well. And I've seen that done and be quite fast..

9 hours ago, Volin said:

 

Slow, bad for some of your teammates, not good agains flyers and slow. Nothing crazy bout it and hopefully get fixed soon (my pc can't stand it if someone makes too much)

 

Edit: Wheel does not stack good with other buffs, you sure that it stacks with the crystal?

I'm not certain if it stacks, I had heard that MO Shrine stacks with wheel. Maybe I'm mistaken. If another player could confirm this that would be cool. They seem tough with frost crystal, but I suppose it could be my imagination haha.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, callsignhusker said:

I'm not certain if it stacks, I had heard that MO Shrine stacks with wheel. Maybe I'm mistaken. If another player could confirm this that would be cool. They seem tough with frost crystal, but I suppose it could be my imagination haha.

Mo stacks with Wheels because it debuffs the enemies.

Volin likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use