Bejingguy pure nature deck

Chorba

I can only make a guess, but with a Werebeast/Treespirit start you might want to cut Swiftclaw/Spearmen. In T2 Burrower/Deep One also end up being less relevant as you apply siege pressure through Spikeroot. Since root network strategies require to accumulate advantages by slowly building up pressure the 100 energy downtime through building Shrine of Memory also grants less value in this set up. This should open up enough slots to play the full root setup without cutting down T3 which would be another option of opening up the deck slots.  

Attached a root network deck, that I like to play from time to time. I don't use living tower as it is way to static for my liking (root nexus + living tower can be a good response to aura of corruption though) and kept Deep One due to its overwhelming stat efficiency. Razorleaf is more for style points, Brannoc/Mo usually are more powerful XL options in T3. 

Root.png

Metagross31, Chorba, Majora and 1 other like this

4 hours ago, RadicalX said:

I can only make a guess, but with a Werebeast/Treespirit start you might want to cut Swiftclaw/Spearmen. In T2 Burrower/Deep One also end up being less relevant as you apply siege pressure through Spikeroot. Since root network strategies require to accumulate advantages by slowly building up pressure the 100 energy downtime through building Shrine of Memory also grants less value in this set up. This should open up enough slots to play the full root setup without cutting down T3 which would be another option of opening up the deck slots.  

Attached a root network deck, that I like to play from time to time. I don't use living tower as it is way to static for my liking (root nexus + living tower can be a good response to aura of corruption though) and kept Deep One due to its overwhelming stat efficiency. Razorleaf is more for style points, Brannoc/Mo usually are more powerful XL options in T3. 

Root.png

Thank you! will give it a go

Beijingguy was my primary sparring partner back in the day. Generally speaking, I would recommend not playing his deck because it was very inefficient. The only reason it kind of worked was because of how good he was at the game.

Back then, Treespirits were still overpowered so he didn't use them but opted for Living Towers. He did not use Treespirits, Burrower, Deep One, Energy Parasite, or Shrine of Memory. While he was known for trying to make Werebeasts work, along with his good friend Ninjaflute, his T1 was pretty standard with Primal Defender and either Werebeasts or Mana Wings added in. He typically didn't run T3 which let him fit a giant T1 and things like Creeping Paralysis. 

beijingguy likes this

From what I can remember this was his deck: image.png

Depending on the day he would swap out Envenom and include Mana Wing and/or Werebeasts. Other times he would run both Root Nexus. Every so often he would include T3 which was usually Drones + Fathom Lord. Again, this deck was fairly inefficient and it is also is from before any balance changes but largely should be better due to the T1 and upcoming T2 Nature buffs. The version RadicalX posted above is more meta which still preserving a lot of the beijingguy flavor.

beijingguy, Chorba, Eirias and 1 other like this

On 2/25/2022 at 9:13 PM, WindHunter said:

From what I can remember this was his deck: image.png

Depending on the day he would swap out Envenom and include Mana Wing and/or Werebeasts. Other times he would run both Root Nexus. Every so often he would include T3 which was usually Drones + Fathom Lord. Again, this deck was fairly inefficient and it is also is from before any balance changes but largely should be better due to the T1 and upcoming T2 Nature buffs. The version RadicalX posted above is more meta which still preserving a lot of the beijingguy flavor.

Thank you!!

side note, are you guys still in touch? does he know the game's back? 

he was such a fun player to watch back then. made nature look so fun

Hey Chorba

Windhunter was kind enough to reach out to me and let me know about this post. 

It really warmed my heart to hear you have fond memories of watching my replays back in the day and still remember to this day.

Windhunters suggested deck is pretty close to what I'd play but there was never really any final version of the deck. I will try to share my favorite iteration of the deck. 

T1:

Meta: Windweavers, Spearmen, Dryad, Shaman, Roots, Hurricane, Surge of Light

Off-meta: Werebeasts, Amazon(Green), "Primal Defender"

Windhunter already mentioned that it is actually not a super strong deck so every small advantage you can find matters. I liked picking Werebeasts over Swiftclaw because it felt easier to trade it more cost efficiently for enemy units. Swiftclaw while hitting like a truck is also an easy target and at the time the only two factions you would play against in T1 was Fire and Shadow both of whom loved to play a S/M as a second unit. 

Green Amazon doesn't actually counter anything you would encounter in T1 but they boost Werebeasts regeneration and any healing they might receive from a shaman, combined with the aura from Dryad it can pretty brutal. 

Primal Defender is far from mandatory but really good at punishing an enemy that is too greedy buying wells in T1 or force out an eruption thereby building a tiny advantage. 

It looks like a pretty giant T1 but the three spells scale incredibly well into T2 and the three support units are also really helpful in keeping Spikeroot alive(Green Amazons also works on Spikeroot). Not that you would necessary summon them in T2, but if they happen to be the units you have left over after the T1 fighting is done you are very well set going into the midgame. For most other T1 units, as soon you reach T2 you are more or less looking for any reason for them to die so you can reclaim that power and summon stronger units. 

T2:

Meta: Ghostspears, Spirit Hunters, Spikeroot, Oink, Parasite Swarm, Root Nexus

Off-Meta: Living Tower

You can argue that Spikeroot and Root Nexus are off meta but since we are talking about a root network deck I feel like they are obvious meta-picks so the only non-meta pick in T2 is actually Living Tower. 

The standard root network attack strategy for me was always Living Tower into Root Nexus into Spikeroot built with the distance between them so Spikeroot could hit whatever Well or Orrb was the intended target while the Living Tower was so far away they would have a hard time contesting it being built. On some maps that meant you could build the Living Tower next to your own Well/Orb while on other maps you would build it in the middle of nowhere but it still gave you a fallback position. You could do Spikeroot into Root Nexus into another Spikeroot but its 50 power more expensive, does not give you any protection from air attack and is vulnerable to Aura of Corruption. 

T3: 

Meta: Razorleaf

Off-Meta: Timeshifter Spirit

Rarely will a game be decided in T3 but Razorleaf combined with any remains of the T2 Root Network counters pretty much everything, put in a Timeshifter to give you a Spellblocking aura around Razorleaf and you can pretty much take on the world.

That's 19 cards, leaving the last slot open since I might have forgotten some mandatory card, if I did not I would probably add Mana Wing in T1 just to increase the chance of getting some small advantage going into T2. 

I apologize if some of the information is outdated. 

16 hours ago, beijingguy said:

Hey Chorba

Windhunter was kind enough to reach out to me and let me know about this post. 

It really warmed my heart to hear you have fond memories of watching my replays back in the day and still remember to this day.

Windhunters suggested deck is pretty close to what I'd play but there was never really any final version of the deck. I will try to share my favorite iteration of the deck. 

T1:

Meta: Windweavers, Spearmen, Dryad, Shaman, Roots, Hurricane, Surge of Light

Off-meta: Werebeasts, Amazon(Green), "Primal Defender"

Windhunter already mentioned that it is actually not a super strong deck so every small advantage you can find matters. I liked picking Werebeasts over Swiftclaw because it felt easier to trade it more cost efficiently for enemy units. Swiftclaw while hitting like a truck is also an easy target and at the time the only two factions you would play against in T1 was Fire and Shadow both of whom loved to play a S/M as a second unit. 

Green Amazon doesn't actually counter anything you would encounter in T1 but they boost Werebeasts regeneration and any healing they might receive from a shaman, combined with the aura from Dryad it can pretty brutal. 

Primal Defender is far from mandatory but really good at punishing an enemy that is too greedy buying wells in T1 or force out an eruption thereby building a tiny advantage. 

It looks like a pretty giant T1 but the three spells scale incredibly well into T2 and the three support units are also really helpful in keeping Spikeroot alive(Green Amazons also works on Spikeroot). Not that you would necessary summon them in T2, but if they happen to be the units you have left over after the T1 fighting is done you are very well set going into the midgame. For most other T1 units, as soon you reach T2 you are more or less looking for any reason for them to die so you can reclaim that power and summon stronger units. 

T2:

Meta: Ghostspears, Spirit Hunters, Spikeroot, Oink, Parasite Swarm, Root Nexus

Off-Meta: Living Tower

You can argue that Spikeroot and Root Nexus are off meta but since we are talking about a root network deck I feel like they are obvious meta-picks so the only non-meta pick in T2 is actually Living Tower. 

The standard root network attack strategy for me was always Living Tower into Root Nexus into Spikeroot built with the distance between them so Spikeroot could hit whatever Well or Orrb was the intended target while the Living Tower was so far away they would have a hard time contesting it being built. On some maps that meant you could build the Living Tower next to your own Well/Orb while on other maps you would build it in the middle of nowhere but it still gave you a fallback position. You could do Spikeroot into Root Nexus into another Spikeroot but its 50 power more expensive, does not give you any protection from air attack and is vulnerable to Aura of Corruption. 

T3: 

Rarely will a game be decided in T3 but Razorleaf combined with any remains of the T2 Root Network counters pretty much everything, put in a Timeshifter to give you a Spellblocking aura around Razorleaf and you can pretty much take on the world.

That's 19 cards, leaving the last slot open since I might have forgotten some mandatory card, if I did not I would probably add Mana Wing in T1 just to increase the chance of getting some small advantage going into T2. 

I apologize if some of the information is outdated. 

hollyyyyy shit. you are the best

thank you!! will def try it! 

if you decide to play pvp anytime hmu! would love to spar 🙂

beijingguy likes this

16 hours ago, beijingguy said:

T3: 

I've actually been playing this for the past few months, its awesome to play! 😄

Are you still playing? Maybe drop by this wednesday arround 18:30 CET on Toggy's Fightclub ( https://www.twitch.tv/dastoggy ) if you can, would love to see you play a game or two! 

beijingguy and Metagross31 like this

If I’m ever actively playing again feel to message me and we will set up a spare match, Chorba. 

Glad to hear I’m not the only one who enjoys that particular T3 

I haven’t played in ages but I will try to find time to play in the Fight Club sometime, sounds really awesome. Unfortunately this week is not going to work. 

Majora and Chorba like this