Cards Stats - i never understood

Sekij

Hello everybody.

You know i never could understand what the Damage information was about, that one in the bottom left.

First exempel Bae.. i mean Frost Mage. It says 360 S(with Bow icon) and it says that she deals 57 damage to each enemy unit every 4 seconds. 14.25*60 = 855 Damage per Minute

Frost Mage Picture

Second exempel Forsaken: It says 360 M(Bow) and text says every 2 seconds each units deals 6 damage. 3*5 = 15*60 = 900 Damage per Minute

Forsaken

So what does that nummber means... 360 and that S or M (maybe Range ?) and than the Bow which is probably means that its loong range but than we have this unit Green Dudes with a star as an attack Icon.

So weird and confusing. 

Helpfull site for info https://allcards.skylords.eu/cards.html

Thank you for Help

Edited by Sekij

The number is the damage/20 sec. A lot of those are actually wrong though.

The bow, sword, star stand respectively for: Ranged, Melee and special attack unit. Special would be considered units with f.e siege bonus. 

The letters next to the attack type stand for countersizes. So Forsaken f.e deal 50% more damage against M sized units.

Sekij and NedDeppat like this

38 minutes ago, Sekij said:

So what does that nummber means... 360 and that S or M (maybe Range ?) and than the Bow which is probably means that its loong range but than we have this unit Green Dudes with a star as an attack Icon.

So weird and confusing. 

Helpfull site for info https://allcards.skylords.eu/cards.html

Thank you for Help

As for the first Thing, i don't really know either, but S or M stands for the unit size it is strong against

S = strong against S (small) Units. that means your unit deals 50% more damage to small sized Units. same goes for M, L, XL

The Bow says that your unit is ranged, while a sword stands for melee.

Sekij likes this

Thank you for your help. While the Nummber is sadly totaly useless as its weird and also often wrong as you said but at least i now know that some units deal more damage against other when the Icon says it so (because other units will point that out like Soul dancer = more damage against Humans which is of course a bit diffrent than just sized characters).

There is also a lot of units with AoE damage. Those generally have a number for single target damage and one for maximum damage dralt per attack. The damage/20 is calculated a little different as you calculate an average for both numbers. 

14 minutes ago, Sekij said:

Thank you for your help. While the Nummber is sadly totaly useless as its weird and also often wrong as you said but at least i now know that some units deal more damage against other when the Icon says it so (because other units will point that out like Soul dancer = more damage against Humans which is of course a bit diffrent than just sized characters).

Its tricky, with the units in BF there are actually many hidden information not shown directly on the card values. There is also a difference between single target damage, and another type of damage called "Splash damage". Basically what you watch out for is in the card description itself. As an example, Nox troopers description is: every two seconds, unit fires a blast of energy at an enemy that deal 40 damage. While nightguard's is: Every 2 seconds, unit throws her spear at enemies dealing 48 damage in a 5m radius around its target,  up to 72 in total.

Out of these two examples the nox topper would deal "single target damage" while nightguard deals splash damage, which means if there is one enemy unit she deals 40 damage, while having multiple enemy units in 5m radius of each other she deal up to 72 damage. 

Part of this is the reason why the values are so misleading by itself, the other is just poor card design by the original team and poor or in some cases serious miscalculations on their part. TL;DR: see Treim's post above :P Thanks for the ninja @Treim

5ab3ae0d87a9d_noxdess.thumb.png.96a9155ec6cac371c1c1d9e507e298b6.png

5ab3ae024bc05_ngdesss.thumb.png.3f06316d1504af21da8fb764106dbb68.png

Edited by Ultrakool

From what I have taking out of the previous posts, it just seems that some numbers are wrong, is that correct?

The Nox Trooper for example seems to be correct (400 Damage/20s), but in the case of the Nightguard the correct damage would be 480 Damage/20s, while the card says 450. Taking the splash damage into consideration would even boost this value up to 720 Damage/20s.

Is it possible to fix this issue in Skylords Reborn? Or did I just understand the concept wrong?

11 minutes ago, Metagross31 said:

From what I have taking out of the previous posts, it just seems that some numbers are wrong, is that correct?

The Nox Trooper for example seems to be correct (400 Damage/20s), but in the case of the Nightguard the correct damage would be 480 Damage/20s, while the card says 450. Taking the splash damage into consideration would even boost this value up to 720 Damage/20s.

Is it possible to fix this issue in Skylords Reborn? Or did I just understand the concept wrong?

no your understanding of the concept is totally right, as I said I think its just plain miscalculations on the part of Phenomic. To fix in skylords reborn that is actually a good question and I am not totally qualified to answer but it should be possible. Practicality is a more important issue though because out of 540 cards  that exist right now, probably 100-200 cards have wrong values at least, and changing them all would require some serious coding time and changing the visuals/graphics to match the new values. I wonder when that would become a priority, if ever.

Edited by Ultrakool
Metagross31 likes this

• 6 months later...

I'm pretty sure that those numbers and texts are from text files and put over the 2d art. No developer with half a brain cell would create 2d art with texts inside that are prone to changing ... Plus it would make text translation a lot harder. Imagine you need to create a custom 2d art for each different language ... lol

Edited by DarcReaver