Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×

Streaming the basics  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What day do you prefer for the Stream to take place?

• Saturday
    • Sunday

Good day people!

I was asked today about a basic issue of weapon size X unit size counter and DPS, which gave me an idea that even though there are some videos covering this topic, I am not aware if a Stream was made that would cover this. I thought, if people were interested, I could prepare one for this weekend! It would be all basic, starting with words like Tier/Era, through Power and Monument costs finishing with covering some strategies and answering all kinds of possible questions.

Please, I would want to know - would anyone be interested? I am not a great player, I can't tell you how to win 100/100 games, nor can I provide indepth cover of strategies on either PvE or PvP, but I think I know the basics well as well as trivia surrounding it and it would be my pleasure to explain it to you. I would either broadcast this live on my personal Twitch channel or the BFR Community channel, as it's an unofficial Stream where I won't make any official project related statements, perhaps just repeat what was already said, if asked to do so :)

To sum up: Would you be interested? If yes, what would you want to hear? And lastly, is Saturday better for you or do you prefer Sunday? Time will be set when I know which day to Stream :) 

Thanks for reading, see you then Skylords! 

Edited by anonyme0273

While I certainly won´t be watching, I think that a stream/video like this would be really neat, espacilly since there seem to be many newcomers and many people who don´t even remember stuff like what the XL next to the units HP/Attack stands for.

Overall, a very good idea.

Yeah I think this is a great idea! It should help the newer players out more and hopefully make them enjoy bf more.

I think it is a better idea to make this into a video, rather than a stream. When I watch tutorials I pause / rewatch parts I want to see again. This is quite tricky in a stream as there is quite a delay between the host and the audience.

12 minutes ago, Chimerae said:

I think it is a better idea to make this into a video, rather than a stream. When I watch tutorials I pause / rewatch parts I want to see again. This is quite tricky in a stream as there is quite a delay between the host and the audience.

I will be recording it as well and uploading it to YT for anyone to pause and rewatch then. I just like the idea of "Live" atm, where people can ask anything immediately with a response

6 minutes ago, anonyme0273 said:

I will be recording it as well and uploading it to YT for anyone to pause and rewatch then. I just like the idea of "Live" atm, where people can ask anything immediately with a response

Such as "Where can I download the game?" ^_^

12 hours ago, Chimerae said:

I'm currently working on a full BF tutorial (series) that would cover anything from absolute basics, to strategy mindsets, to specific techs. So a polished (i.e: rehearsed and animated) tutorial video is on the way, eventually :) 

2 hours ago, Eirias said:

I'm currently working on a full BF tutorial (series) that would cover anything from absolute basics, to strategy mindsets, to specific techs. So a polished (i.e: rehearsed and animated) tutorial video is on the way, eventually :) 

If you need/want help, I am here. I have some sketch written for the Stream and if you want, perhaps you can participate :)

UPDATE: 

Due to the poll results, the Stream will take place on Saturday starting at 8PM Prague time (countdown HERE)

This is the brief planned structure of the topics I am planning to cover

• The Forge
  • ingame currencies
  • card layout 
  • card gathering (trade, auction, Boosters...)
  • upgrades
  • unit counters
  • deck building (PvE and PvP)
  • campaign, rPvE and PvP differences
  • social features
  • <place for your suggestions>
  • questions overall (Beta, things I haven't covered or possible fixes of what I said ^^ )

I am hoping to see as many of you there as possible, didn't Stream in a while and I am looking forward to it :) 

DISCLAIMER: I am not, nor will I ever be, a master of all things BattleForge related - some information I say might be missing, some things I say might be slightly incorrect and I will be improvisating most of the time so I don't sound like a person reading text off screen to ensure there is some interesting aspect of the Stream. I will gladly accept any reasonable suggestions as to what topics you would want me to talk about, but I am not a part of the developing team, thus NO statements I make about the game progress or state of the game will be official. I will do my best to explain things clearly for people who are new and sensefully to people who have been around BattleForge for a while. If any Alpha/Beta testers want to join me, I will appreciate all help :) 

Until then, see ya on https://www.twitch.tv/anonyme0273 soon, Skylords!

Edited by anonyme0273

The Stream is now over. It was great, I had fun doing it, it wasn't really perfect from my side, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless :) 

HERE  is the full record of it, if you didn't watch it, I was sticking to the points made before and in the end we played a game of rPvE.

Thank you all for watching, see you in The Forge soon! :bf:  <3 

Edited by anonyme0273

13 minutes ago, anonyme0273 said:

The Stream is now over. It was great, I had fun doing it, it wasn't really perfect from my side, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless :) 

HERE  is the full record of it, if you didn't watch it, I was sticking to the points made before and in the end we played a game of rPvE.

Thank you all for watching, see you in The Forge soon! :bf:  <3 

First stream I watched since returning to these lands 

Great stream but i cri evri time that i cant go into the forge yet :P