Guns of Lyr "normal" strategy

TimmieTuinbroek

So I know about the speedrun strat and all videos I find online are about this. I feel like the middle positions can get a decent start clearing out the first camp and getting t2, but how do you actually defend with just T1 against that first big wave? It's absolutely impossible to get the engineers to the cannons in time for this player, and i feel like it's even hard to just get T2 without giving up defense powers.

So can someone point me to a replay/some replays which show people going through the whole waves and eventually just holding on?

Reverend830 and Dallarian like this

7 hours ago, TimmieTuinbroek said:

It's absolutely impossible to get the engineers to the cannons in time for this player

Existing micro and wise choice of units. While it may be tempting to use Mana Wings, 2 imperials, 2 Frost Mages and 2-3 Master Archers do good enough to get to T2, and then I launch War Eagles to push further. If nobody steals my monuments, I am able to build Strongholds with Skyelfs for second wave, and if ally is actively helping me to get to T4, I sometimes drop a Skyelf Commander as well. At the same time my friend was defending vs XL wave with Spikeroots, as well used Root Network is OP.

At some point I started playing this map duo with my friend, as it made sure nobody is going to steal our monuments, so was easier to complete. Basicly pos 1 and 3 should be defending and pushing, and pos 2 and 4 should get their stuff done quickly and support their allies where needed.

I will try to provide you with replay later.

The picture below indicates which position takes which orbs.

For the defending positions, you can leave the closest bunch of enemies alive so the engineer doesn't progress until you have a good enough defense (usually after t3). With the help of air units, or spells like mine, minefield, ensnaring roots, freeze, paralyses, etc. it is relatively easy to get to your t3 spot without much trouble. At t3, you have access to enough towers to reliably defend the first waves (Necroblaster, Stronghold, root network, etc.). When you are confident in your defense, you can push to t4. By the time you reach t4, the gates should have opened and you can clear, together with your mate, the final camp to trigger the final wave.

This is the deck I have for both the inside and outside position. It is by no means optimized, but it does the job

image.thumb.png.501dda559652cd664dd56787e041e274.png

image.png.4d1acc35b1489cfc248aefccb819b75e.png

Donaar and Dallarian like this

3 minutes ago, TimmieTuinbroek said:

you guys are getting your t3 BEFORE the first wave?

No, I usually spam Northstars and Cannon Towers, they get the job done with Glyph and Coldsnap.

Huge pros of Frost structures is they cost 25% less with Construction Hut, hence structures centric defence. As mentioned earlier, 2 fully supported Spikeroots and Ensnaring Roots would do even better.

On 6/13/2022 at 12:28 PM, Dutchy said:

This is the deck I have for both the inside and outside position. It is by no means optimized, but it does the job

image.thumb.png.501dda559652cd664dd56787e041e274.png

This is a more optimized version, I wonder where u got your list 👀

image.thumb.png.49d83aad9cae2bb3d44fd7c44c6eec33.png 

Here is instead a fun Pure Nature deck - it's slower but super fun:

image.thumb.png.7f8eea2b6ba517b400d992c98721ed0a.png 

Here is replay of a Pure Nature duo run played with my buddy @gam3over. It's by no means an optimized run but it just shows the raw power of the root system. And I just wanted to show Gam3over stupid defense and fails at the end 🤭

GoL Pure Nature Duo.pmv