Jump to content

Higher BFP Reward for PvP Quest


Recommended Posts

I have been playing the game since January and I always have hard time starting a PvP game.

Often it takes 10-15 minutes of wait time around 4 PM (New York time) to start 2v2 Unranked game.

These games normally last 5-15 minutes.

On the other hand it takes only 1 minute to start rPvE 9 game (that lasts 20 minutes) or 2-3 minutes to start multiplayer campaign game that lasts 15-30 minutes.

The bottom line is - it is frustrating to wait so long for PvP games which are also the shortest games.

I assume most players don't like PvP because it's too challenging.

Therefore, I would like to suggest doubling the reward for the 4 PvP games quest to 150 BFP to encourage more players to play PvP.

You can add a restriction where a PvP game has to last at least 5 minutes to qualify for the quest.

This is very important.

PvE loses its appeal over time.

PvP on the other hand can appeal forever.

So please, please, do something about this issue.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rpve 10 has the same, or prolly more, waiting time. Even on weekends during EU prime time. 

But it is our decision to play those modes, I am not sure if that should be taken into account

 

Your thoughts are good. But I see problems comming, if playing a certain mode is mainly driven by the rewards 

Edited by Volin
Link to post
Share on other sites

In the upcoming weeks and months we will be adding more PvP specific quests. There will also be an option to choose whether you want to get PvP or PvE quests. Imo one of the biggest issues of PvP is that most players often don't have a competitive PvP deck. This could be due to lack of knowledge of what a good PvP deck looks like, or due to the fact that you need a fully upgraded and charged deck in order to be competitive. In order to combat this, we will be adding an option to choose from a couple of pre-made level 120 decks for PvP, which players can use in their PvP games.

Mynoduesp and macabi like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zyna said:

In the upcoming weeks and months we will be adding more PvP specific quests. There will also be an option to choose whether you want to get PvP or PvE quests. Imo one of the biggest issues of PvP is that most players often don't have a competitive PvP deck. This could be due to lack of knowledge of what a good PvP deck looks like, or due to the fact that you need a fully upgraded and charged deck in order to be competitive. In order to combat this, we will be adding an option to choose from a couple of pre-made level 120 decks for PvP, which players can use in their PvP games.

Pre-made level 120 decks for PvP is a good idea.

But that won't solve the problem entirely.

The issue is that PvP is dominated by experts players.

Therefore, noobs don't want to play against experts because they lose miserably.

The solution is to encourage many noobs to play PvP where they can play against other noobs.

For that to happen - the reward for Pvp will have to be increased.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VolvoxGlobator said:

But it is the fact that you have no chance with lets say 10 lvl deck vs something like 60 or even 120 you can see sometimes. Prebuild decks will solve that. They will also ruin the market for those cards included in them but whatever.

You have to keep in mind that players can only choose one or two (the exact amount is undecided) of the available decks, and they cannot change their selection for a certain amount of time. I'm not sure how many players only play one deck, but I can imagine that most players do want to be able to freely choose between a multitude of colors. Also, keep in mind that these deck can ONLY be used for PvP, and a lot of the cards used in these PvP decks are also quite strong in PvE. Considering that, I think saying that the market will be ruined for those cards is an overstatement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, VolvoxGlobator said:

So this deck AND cards will be locked only for PvP usage? E.g. if they would pick pure shadow and include Harvester in it, then it wouldnt be possible to have that Harvester in Pve?

Yes exactly, the deck and cards can only be used for PvP. Although you can modify these decks and add cards from your own collection to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 5:54 AM, VolvoxGlobator said:

But it is the fact that you have no chance with lets say 10 lvl deck vs something like 60 or even 120 you can see sometimes. Prebuild decks will solve that. They will also ruin the market for those cards included in them but whatever.

Deck level is definitely a huge advantage for expert players.

But there is also the skill element.

Put a noob (who had 20 hours of PvP game time) with deck level 120 vs an expert player with hundreds of hours and the noob will lose within 2 minutes in 1v1 PvP.

I am sure that many noobs would love to play PvP but they don't because they can only find expert players to play against.

So it is a shame that pvp is technically not available to noobs

So once again, higher BFP reward would bring in more noobs which will help them to find a game against another noob.

Another option is to allow players to start Unranked PvP game where they can specify limitations such as number of PvP games played so far as well as pvp rank.

Example - up to 30 pvp games and up to 5 pvp rank.

The combination of these two factors would be the best indicator to differentiate between noobs and expert players.

Edited by macabi
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only talk for myself here: I cannot stand this games PvP one bit. It feels too clucky, too random, too slugish. That said, I'm fine with PvP balancing and also love to see events (just without me playing). That said, what I really don't like would be high rewards just because it's a smaler playerbase: I'd feel "forced" into PvP. The feeling of missing out too much rewards would be too great. Yeah I could reroll to PvE quests (or disable PvP quest at all), but I am a greedy bastard and wouldn't reroll and sit through shity matches against equaly shity oponents. And that all besides the posibility of wintraiding.

I don't think more PvP rewards would make PvP any better, I even thinkt the opposite might come true.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mynoduesp said:

I can only talk for myself here: I cannot stand this games PvP one bit. It feels too clucky, too random, too slugish. That said, I'm fine with PvP balancing and also love to see events (just without me playing). That said, what I really don't like would be high rewards just because it's a smaler playerbase: I'd feel "forced" into PvP. The feeling of missing out too much rewards would be too great. Yeah I could reroll to PvE quests (or disable PvP quest at all), but I am a greedy bastard and wouldn't reroll and sit through shity matches against equaly shity oponents. And that all besides the posibility of wintraiding.

I don't think more PvP rewards would make PvP any better, I even thinkt the opposite might come true.

Personally, I find PvP much more interesting than PvE (which i still like anyway). I understand your sentiment, but you have to also considered, that there are currently much more PvE quests than PvP. And you fulfill multiple of those simultanously - e.g. PvE match & gold loot & multiple players  - all go together

How many PvP quests there are? 1?

Of course, duble reward might give exactly the impression you are describing. Easy solution - more PvP quests.

Mynoduesp and macabi like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, more PvP quest - with equal payout/reward to PvE - is the way to go. You're also right there are too few to be an actual option currently, but additional quests is one of many goals for devs to implement before launch. There's already a megathread (by Treim if I'm not mistaken) about new quests where ideas can be posted. I recommend any PvP enthusiast to check it out and come up with ideas there. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VolvoxGlobator said:

Personally, I find PvP much more interesting than PvE (which i still like anyway). I understand your sentiment, but you have to also considered, that there are currently much more PvE quests than PvP. And you fulfill multiple of those simultanously - e.g. PvE match & gold loot & multiple players  - all go together

How many PvP quests there are? 1?

Of course, duble reward might give exactly the impression you are describing. Easy solution - more PvP quests.

Very good point.

In fact, you can fulfill 4 PvE quests simultaneously - PvE match & gold loot & multiple players, and play any game mode.

With PvP, you can fulfill only PvP + play any game mode with one huge restriction - "play any game mode" has to last 10 minutes or it won't be counted.

Unfortunately, most PvP games last less than 10 minutes (including 2v2).

So technically it's 4 PvE quests simultaneously vs only 1 for PvP.

No wonder players choose to play mostly PvE.

So the solution is - either come up with more PvP quests that can be fulfilled simultaneously, or double the reward for PvP quest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
On 9/4/2020 at 7:24 PM, macabi said:

Very good point.

In fact, you can fulfill 4 PvE quests simultaneously - PvE match & gold loot & multiple players, and play any game mode.

With PvP, you can fulfill only PvP + play any game mode with one huge restriction - "play any game mode" has to last 10 minutes or it won't be counted.

Unfortunately, most PvP games last less than 10 minutes (including 2v2).

So technically it's 4 PvE quests simultaneously vs only 1 for PvP.

No wonder players choose to play mostly PvE.

So the solution is - either come up with more PvP quests that can be fulfilled simultaneously, or double the reward for PvP quest.

well, just my 2 cents on this but higher rewards would not do alot from what I have seen in other games. a) for people like me its not how tedious it is, its mainly that I reeeally dont like how pvp works in this game (although thats comming from someone who always loved RTS for theis gameplay and campagins but alwas hated it VS players) and b) those who are driven to it mainly for the rewards will either just play as poorly as possible if they dont need to win or get frustrated fast if they have to win and dont achieve that.

Usually that drives alot of players to the PvP who dont do it with the intend to learn and be better but to be "done with it and get the rewards"

because if it gets you more than pve content then it will make alot of peeple feel like its a must in order to progress faster.

Edited by Mighty_Rathalos
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 4:24 PM, Mighty_Rathalos said:

well, just my 2 cents on this but higher rewards would not do alot from what I have seen in other games. a) for people like me its not how tedious it is, its mainly that I reeeally dont like how pvp works in this game (although thats comming from someone who always loved RTS for theis gameplay and campagins but alwas hated it VS players) and b) those who are driven to it mainly for the rewards will either just play as poorly as possible if they dont need to win or get frustrated fast if they have to win and dont achieve that.

Usually that drives alot of players to the PvP who dont do it with the intend to learn and be better but to be "done with it and get the rewards"

because if it gets you more than pve content then it will make alot of peeple feel like its a must in order to progress faster.

PvE gives better Gold reward than PvP, especially when you win.

When you play PvP and lose you hardly get any gold so there is no incentive for players to play PvP unless they really enjoy it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, macabi said:

PvE gives better Gold reward than PvP, especially when you win.

When you play PvP and lose you hardly get any gold so there is no incentive for players to play PvP unless they really enjoy it.

well ok, when it comes to gold then yes, losing = no or almost no gold that is bad but if I understood your main post correctly you were refering to the reward of the quests. which is a one time thing and my feedback was mainly focused on that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mighty_Rathalos said:

well ok, when it comes to gold then yes, losing = no or almost no gold that is bad but if I understood your main post correctly you were refering to the reward of the quests. which is a one time thing and my feedback was mainly focused on that.

 

I started this post back in September before the release when the number of players was small and almost nobody played PvP.

That situation has changed now with the new release.

It is now easy to find a PvP game.

Therefore, the moderators are welcome to close this thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use