Upgrade advice

Hey guys,

fun to play some BF again :p !   I'd like to know if there is any specific way to get upgrades you actually need or is it rly just the loot list and try the missions over and over again to get those upgrades? I've seen people with hell a lot of upgrades, but they played so weird that I couldn't imagine they were playing this game for long haha.

And just a quick general question, do you sell booster rather or open them yourself? What do you think is better bfp whise to grow fast a new player?

greetz ^-^

18 minutes ago, Untouch said:

I'd like to know if there is any specific way to get upgrades you actually need or is it rly just the loot list and try the missions over and over again to get those upgrades?

You can upgrade cards with gold now, wich is how i personally upgraded almost all of my cards. Other than that there's only the option you mentioned.

21 minutes ago, Untouch said:

And just a quick general question, do you sell booster rather or open them yourself? What do you think is better bfp whise to grow fast a new player?

I began selling mine as soon as i found out i can. But its more because i want to keep my inventory clean only with cards i actually use and not for economic reasons. If you're a new player you are probably not experenced with usual market prices and therefor definetly shouldnt open boosters and then try to sell the individual cards. If someone already knows what he wants he should sell the boosters and then buy a lot of the cheap and good cards to start out in PVE. If someone is totally lost and doesn't know any of the cards he should probably see what other people play, look up threads or ask on the forums and then decide what colour(s) to play - sell boosters, buy the first cheap deck with cheap cards from the auction house. Even if you're experienced on the market and know how to trade there's a lot of variance in the boosters.

Regarding the booster question:

Most people seem to sell their boosters. However I open my booster. Not because I want bfp as fast as possible but because some cards are that expensive that it takes forever to save up bfps for them and you just end up boringly farming quests every day just to buy one card. It's far more fun to see what color you build next with the cards you get. I got frost-avatar today (around 2000 Bfp) so I just build a pure frost deck :D. You also can get lucky and get much more bfp out of it (tbh that's pretty unlikely and even with my frost-avatar I would probably have more bfp if I sold all of my boosters up to now insteat.)

I would recommend only opening boosters after you have a playable general pve deck, as that will make it easier to complete quests. As for pvp quests, I have found that if you leave 1 unfinished, it won't show up again. So if you don't want to pvp then just leave it and you will only get pve quests from there on.

Oh wow I completly overlooked that you can claim updates for gold sry hahaa. Thanks !

Another question, is it really not planned to throw in some new cards or campaign stuff or something else? I don't get why EA shut down this game.

I love Bf, would be cool to see something new in the Future.

Edited by Untouch

New Cards > maybe in distant future. So there is a chance, but remember it's not just some .xml and card GUI that you see in the game.
Campaign stuff > if this means "new scenarios", then probably not; if this means "reward and upgrade rebalances" possible, but not necessary will be done.
 About EA's shut down: in short - non profitable to keep the project. Why it was like that - their own fault, i assume. After all it was a P2W design, no wonder why it didn't make it in the end. Quick reminder - Artifact - a P2W. BF lived longer, because they choose to add F2P design, and that game the game a flow of fresh players. IMO.

wait "new scenarios" definitively yes, this is really easy someone here not us create it, we just verify it do not have any obvious exploits and put it on the map.
Ok it will be bit harder than that, but not much. :) and there are people on this forum that working on new maps.

10 hours ago, Kubik said:

wait "new scenarios" definitively yes, this is really easy someone here not us create it, we just verify it do not have any obvious exploits and put it on the map.
Ok it will be bit harder than that, but not much. :) and there are people on this forum that working on new maps.

"new scenarios" by that i meant new Campaign scenarios. [read carefully] An official continuation of the story with scenarios/maps, those will appear on Worldmap - i hardly believe there will be, otherwise it is a just an official fanfiction, although i am NOT against it. Not just new maps. Map with a bit of a scenario is not difficult to make, i've been using map editors excessively throughout my gaming experience, so i know what i am talking about. I was talking about real new campaign scenarios about continuation of the story and lore itself. And to start with, i quoted and made an assumption, because qoute Untouch: "campaign stuff" can mean literally anything regarding Campaign, not other side maps.

And Note: Again, i am not against introduction of new maps and scenarios of different people here, and i do NOT belittle their efforts anyhow. I just state, that this is rather not an official map, if it is not included to worldmap as an official new scenario and line/arc, moreover as a new page/chapter/tome in the Lore Book.

Is it elaborated enough to clear all things out?

Yes I mean exactly that, but to keep expectations low there was people who offered help with maps, and there are people who offered help with story, and I think these two groups was exclusive for now, but we expect it to change :) 

Official as official part of Skylords reborn story, so yea you can call it "fanfiction" :P