The Last Soultree - CM PvE

MeatyChi

Would recommend this:
grafik.thumb.png.72a30dda1b4fe3b84e641a696343451d.png

In my run I played with Church and techniky instead of 1 of the necroblasters and the green frenetic, but found them useless towards the end.

The crystal fiends were the biggest problem for me towards the end as my Necroblaster were constantly depleted due to Dreadnought and heals nothing dying where and not enough big shots from WBG's. I used Necrofurys to to two shot the dreadnoughts when possible.
Other things to maybe consider: Lost Disruptor for late game anti air and some form of healing for the Necrofurys (Blood Healing or nature affinity splicer - would cut infect and Ice Tornado.

I started by taking both wells at the start and placing 1 lifestealer + 1 splicer and then whatever archers I could get my hands on. When the Lifestealer gets kind of low on HP I build another one. You will let some of the stuff through early on nonetheless - I think Lifestealer is optional but it did help me greatly thinning out early waves at least a bit. Build 3 Lifestealer total + about 15 Forsaken (Once the first waves get close to the wall I split archers about 50/50 and build another splicer there.
The rest was a cakewalk.

On 1/11/2022 at 11:13 AM, Dallarian said:

For me the gameplay is too long to attempt the map seriously.

But if I was to play it again, I would take root network deck (all root network units from T1-T4).

An hour isn't that long. When you compare this solo to the other solo community maps available. This map actually keeps you multitasking all the way through and that time soon passes. Unfortunately I don't have a root network deck yet but will keep that in mind.

20 hours ago, Treim said:

Would recommend this:
grafik.thumb.png.72a30dda1b4fe3b84e641a696343451d.png

In my run I played with Church and techniky instead of 1 of the necroblasters and the green frenetic, but found them useless towards the end.

The crystal fiends were the biggest problem for me towards the end as my Necroblaster were constantly depleted due to Dreadnought and heals nothing dying where and not enough big shots from WBG's. I used Necrofurys to to two shot the dreadnoughts when possible.
Other things to maybe consider: Lost Disruptor for late game anti air and some form of healing for the Necrofurys (Blood Healing or nature affinity splicer - would cut infect and Ice Tornado.

I started by taking both wells at the start and placing 1 lifestealer + 1 splicer and then whatever archers I could get my hands on. When the Lifestealer gets kind of low on HP I build another one. You will let some of the stuff through early on nonetheless - I think Lifestealer is optional but it did help me greatly thinning out early waves at least a bit. Build 3 Lifestealer total + about 15 Forsaken (Once the first waves get close to the wall I split archers about 50/50 and build another splicer there.
The rest was a cakewalk.

Interesting!

You can't play both the Church and the Worldgun together can you? What were you using the cultist masters for? 

I've been playing with this deck and making it close to the end but can't seem to keep my engineers and churches alive.

image.thumb.png.3fa3dd25dc23a4a95ff10cf58d78e09a.png

5 hours ago, MeatyChi said:

An hour isn't that long. When you compare this solo to the other solo community maps available. This map actually keeps you multitasking all the way through and that time soon passes. Unfortunately I don't have a root network deck yet but will keep that in mind.

Interesting!

You can't play both the Church and the Worldgun together can you? What were you using the cultist masters for? 

I've been playing with this deck and making it close to the end but can't seem to keep my engineers and churches alive.

image.thumb.png.3fa3dd25dc23a4a95ff10cf58d78e09a.png

I didn't like churches as my engineers kept on taking away from the unit limit later on - also my placement was bad so that engineers kept on dying by maelstroms.. Cultist Master to charge the necroblasters initially and for a bit of void return, also for offering (frenetic assault + skyelf sage).

Replay file attached for anyone wanting to have a look - was my first time on the map.

20220111_173234_the_last_soultree.pmv

Edited by Treim
Metagross31 likes this

• 5 weeks later...

I have attepmted this map several times, managed to get to 53 minute mark on Advanced, and around 50 minute mark on Expert. 

Damage output wasn't a problem, but I couldn't stop the damn ice tornadoes destroying my orbs and towers, which in the end prevented me from building more defences.

This was my deck on the last attempt (expert). There are several obsolete cards, so there is a lot of place for improvement. 

Edit: Finished the map on Advanced today, with the deck shown here, with a few tweaks (+ skyelf sage and Amii ritual). It's quite the meat grinder, not sure if I can crack expert tho.

image.thumb.png.a57c8c764bc588a1ec20ee30bb198002.png

Edited by Nemoo SK