2v2 Troll-nament

Eirias

Do you want to participate in the troll-nament  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to participate in this?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe...let's see how the rules go
    • No, but I'd love to watch it on youtube!

Since the April Fool's video I made, I've been playing with the idea of having a Troll 2v2 tournament where teammates start on opposite teams.

Let's imagine 4 players: P1 and P2 are on a team against P3 and P4. P1 and P3 will be the "leaders" of their team.

The game would start with P1 and P4 on (map) team 1; P3 and P2 would be on team 2. So actual teammates start on the opposite teams as each other. If team 1 (aka P1) sees the victory screen, P1 and P2 win the game. I team 2 (aka P3) sees the victory screen, P3 and P4 win.

So basically, P2 and P4 are trying so sabotage their temporary teammates.

Shadow is of course the obvious choice for trolling, so I am thinking the "sabotage" player should not be allowed to play any shadow orbs. We can see how creative people can be. I have thought of some interesting strategies to troll your partner even without shadow ;)

I am also wondering if the "lead" player should also be penalized from using shadow. For example, cards like corpse explosion or shadow phoenix would still be very strong in this scenario.

Here is the current ruleset I'm thinking about:

Each team is composed of a "lead" and "sabotage" player. The sabotage player starts on the enemy team and is not allowed to play any shadow orbs. Victory is determined by the winning "lead" player.

Pairings: Swiss system with a random seeding

Points: 7 points for victory, 3 points for loss, -3 points per shadow orb played

Teams will play 2 games back-to-back.

Maps: Fyre, Danduil, Gorgash, Zahadune, Turan. Any other map (including Generated) is allowed if BOTH teams agree to it.

One team will ban 2 maps. The other team chooses any of the 3 remaining maps. The team that banned chooses the starting position of both players.

After game 1, the map picking roles reverse.

I don't know if it's feasible to stream the games live, especially since I would want to hide troll strategies from the competitors. But I'd like all the games to happen on the same day, so there is less chance for cheating (i.e. sharing replays with someone so they know someone else's strat).

Anyone interested in playing (or watching) this?

2 hours ago, Hirooo said:

Outright banning a shadow orb instead of using a point penalty would be better. It would be very weird to have to gauge what kind of players you can beat when using non shadow vs shadow for points.

Well, I think those kind of mindgames would be fun. :) Especially since it's just a fun event anyway. And I guess more variety makes it more interesting for viewers.

We can see what others think.

is the saboteur allowed to attack te other saboteur?

i d say better not.

maybe just ban nasty and decomposer instead of ban shaddow in general.

maybe also better play it on 3vs3 maps cause saboteur could just do nothing else then taking wells and orbs to deny the player to take wells and go t3.

Edited by Karl Lavafeld

On 6/15/2020 at 10:36 AM, Karl Lavafeld said:

is the saboteur allowed to attack te other saboteur?

i d say better not.

maybe just ban nasty and decomposer instead of ban shaddow in general.

maybe also better play it on 3vs3 maps cause saboteur could just do nothing else then taking wells and orbs to deny the player to take wells and go t3.

I think sabotuer can do anything :). Sabateur attacking each other will prevent one guy from just taking too many wells.

Well there are plenty of shadow cards that are strong for attacking teammates... For example shadow mage explosion, corpse explosion, portal nexus, necroblaster....the list goes on... I think its simpler to ban everything.