Treim's Motm solo speedrun archive

Another 1st try:

2 Player solo level 10 - this time actually with Batariel. Played very badly around heal charges especially in the middle of the match, so I had to make compromises in speed to compensate

Loriens likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

added replays for August 2 player solo level 9 and 1 player level 9.

replay of my current time for 1 player level 10 was not saved due to disconnect after the game but I will probably play again later this week.

Loriens likes this
  • 1 month later...

Updated this month's 1 Player maps for Level 10, 9 and 1

I think this months Level 10 map has some interesting choices for Level 1, I think all colors besides Frost are somewhat comparable. Shadow takes a slight edge but my current time is definetly still easily doable with Fire and Nature starts (did 20:47 and 20:40 with them respectively with Batariel dying in both those runs). I think a low 18 should be possible on this map.

Level 9 just pretty standard. I messed up my pathing in that run slightly which cost me some time, 11:50-ish possible.

Level 1 ~ 02:08/02:09 possible

Edited by Treim
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update for
rPvE 1 Player Level 1 - extremely short little map even in terms of Level 1 maps.
Took me like 30 tries to get from a 1:40.0 to the 1:39.7 that i got now. Very fun to optimize this run.
10/10 can recommend ;)

Edited by Treim
Mynoduesp and Volin like this
11 hours ago, Treim said:

Update for
rPvE 1 Player Level 1 - extremely short little map even in terms of Level 1 maps.
Took me like 30 tries to get from a 1:40.0 to the 1:39.7 that i got now. Very fun to optimize this run.
10/10 can recommend ;)

I'd never imagined someone would optimise a BG MotM lvl1 run XD

5 hours ago, Mynoduesp said:

I'd never imagined someone would optimise a BG MotM lvl1 run XD

It can be quite refreshing to work on the small things in a run and see how much of a difference small adjustments to pathing and placing of spells and units can make.
I started out with a 1:47 and just by placing the Mine on the t2 camp differently and not charging onto the unit I saved ~4 seconds. The remaining ~3-4 seconds are from small improvements with the "hold position"-command and timing Mines better than before which includes actually using thugs to kill the tower in order to get the Sunderer in position quicker to place Mine when it comes off cooldown instead of killing the last tower with Sunderer ability + AA's.
Thinking about it now maybe one couldve tried using Sunderer ability on the first tower as well and the Sunderer might be in position in time for the next Mine. Another variation that might yield even quicker results. 

• 4 weeks later...

added 1 Player Level 10 - 2nd try
I think a well played shadow start is probably faster but also a tad more difficult to execute, especially the t2 clear, and as I am lazy fire it is.
A time improvement of about a minute should relatively easily be doable just with cleaner gameplay without any strategic changes. With a good shadow t1 you can probably get into the 14:15-14:30 range.
Alas as its already so late in the month and so close to the reset probably noone will bother