rPvE 9 Lost Souls T2

Fundus

Since Patch #400042 - 19 May 2023 rPvE 9 Lost Souls T2s are much easier than before the old hard T2s with 3 Spellbreakers 2 Manabeasts and 2 Lost Wanderers on the inner positions(2 and 3) have disappeared completely. To me this really looks like a shadow nerf but maybe its just a programming error or whatever you call it.

Im not sure if those replays help because this is not really a bug id also like to see comments from other enthusiastic rPvE 9 players like me because im 99% sure that something is wrong with Lost Souls maps.

Souls1.pmv Souls2.pmv Souls3.pmv

3 hours ago, Fundus said:

because im 99% sure that something is wrong with Lost Souls maps

As before, I can only agree that you are absolutely right. I have now seen enough LS maps to be able to say quite clearly that more has changed than should probably be changed.

3 hours ago, Fundus said:

3 Spellbreakers 2 Manabeasts and 2 Lost Wanderers on the inner positions

That was never related to inner or outer position. Not that I would know, but I'm quite sure the game does not care too much about that?

Tho I disagree that it is "much easier" overall. I've seen some quite nasty T2s still and it has never been set that you had a 2 Manabeast start, what you describe was just the "worst/best (whatever) scenario".

One thing that I can say for sure for now is the following: Before the mentioned patch it was set that whenever Manabeasts spawned, they were accompanied by 2 or 3 Spellbreakers, always. That also had the problem that it was either super easy, or super hard. This flattened nicely these days from my feeling.
Nowadays both spawn Independently and rarely (or even, "not") together anymore. Together with the super ugly exploding crawlers I would not even say that the difficulty was lowered thaaaat much, but rather overall flatened. While the easiest possible spawn is now harder, the super hard 2 Beast/3 Dancers/2 Shielders also can't happen anymore and the most difficult T2 campy are quite a bit easier.

But I personally feel that the change is even good. Though I liked to challenge myself with that start, even more when happening on outside position where you had 5 Spellbeakers sometimes, I feel the start was too much out of line with other 9s. LS is still one of the harder starts with Nature and for that I personally feel fine with the status quo.

The rest is up to design.

I kind of agree with both of you while i definitly miss the T2 camps with 3 Manabeasts 2 Spellbreakers and shielding Lost Wanderers the new T2s expecially on the side positions can be pretty challenging when there are constantly new Crawlers spawning. 

But what really interests me is how this happened because members of the Skylords Reborn team claim that no changes apart from those mentioned in the patch notes were made.

So is this just a bug or a programming mistake or a shadow nerf? If its a shodow nerf id like to know why you are doing this behind our backs. I really hope the difficult T2 camps will return one day.

29 minutes ago, Fimion said:

So is this just a bug or a programming mistake or a shadow nerf? If its a shodow nerf id like to know why you are doing this behind our backs. 

What would be the benefit of them doing a "shadow nerf behind our back"?

If they wanted LS to be easier, they just put it in the patch notes, and it is done. Maybe a one or two people would complain, maybe not. But a sinister plan to shadow-nerf Lost Souls in the player's favour, being asked about it and then still keeping it secret... that's a little paranoid, no?

image.png

Edited by Kapo

14 minutes ago, Fimion said:

Im not accusing anyone of anything im just wondering how you can make a change like this by accident and why it hasnt been fixed yet we reported this almost 6 months ago. Before you release new updates you should fix the old ones first.

what you did:

1. person lies dead on the floor, could be an accident
2. oh it couldnt be just an accident, it could be murder
3. if its murder, thats pretty heyness
4. wHy ArE yOu sO heYnESSSSSSS behind our backs?????!?!?!?!?!?!

You setup a pretty far-fetching speculation, and then proceeded to demand information why they are doing such a bad thing in secrecy. Thats acting in bath faith.

How about next time, you also set up a good-faith explanation, e.g. they really don't believe there is a problem, or they are not sure and investigation did turn up nothing, and they didn't want to spend more resources until more evidence turns up that can be investigated upon. Or the rPvE map maker fell freshly in love and had better things to do then to check on this potential bug.

Edited by Kapo

3 minutes ago, Fimion said:

So is this just a bug or a programming mistake

These are indeed the most likely explanation:

unexpected interaction with EA code OR
a introduced bug OR
(and this is especially hard to find) a bug was already there in the spawn pattern, and it got accidentally fixed and now literally nothing is wrong, still the spawn pattern changed.

Edited by Kapo

The spawn pattern in messed up in the original code and the amount of units that spawn is wildly different than you would expect. We basically have to estimate based on how things typically work. It is likely something bizarre happened when we swapped in Lost Crawler because that was the only change we tried to make. 

27 minutes ago, WindHunter said:

The spawn pattern in messed up in the original code and the amount of units that spawn is wildly different than you would expect.

Ok just to be clear we are not talking about units that come from spawners we are talking about units that are already on the map.

I could have said the population pattern, i.e. the manner by which each camp is populated on game start, but I thought it was clear we are not talking about the attack waves. The point is, that if the game actually spawned the amount of units specified in the code on startup, we would be talking about random maps so populated it might crash people's games. Regardless, we have no idea what caused the change. The present LS population patterns are well within the acceptable limits of their given difficulties, so we as a team have not given looking into the error a particularly high priority after we initially failed to diagnosis what went wrong back in May. We intend to look into it more at some point, but other projects have higher priorities.  

Fundus likes this